• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

No match? Come on.

well this is going downhill fast

Match denied

Wait, Ambrose vs Rollins has been called off? Huh.

No match? WOW, that is beyond ridiculous

Well I officially have no interest in this ppv now

Well done taking the best match off the card

Hint, don't book matches if you don't want to do them.

I hate this fricking bait and switch crap.

jred2k

smh if you seriously thought that was a bad PPV

It was really boring. None of the matches past the opener had any energy. The battle royal had a decent finish, but it's such a clusterfuck of a match it's hard to get invested in it. Rusev/Swagger wasn't nearly as physical as it should have been.

It was an average to below average pay per view. A part of that was the crowd. Summerslam crowd should be better because its a more varied crowd if you went by it last year.

Having the extra PPV in June this year hurt them again. Last year it made October dull, and this year they had too much content to push out before SummerSlam. Rollins/Ambrose and Swagger/Rusev both should have been saved for then. SummerSlam should be good, but it's at the expense of the two months before it.

Verendus

Banned
The PPV was bad. Maybe you're used to watching crap so have become desensitized.

Opener was really good, rest of the matches were average to outright terrible, and the main event was pretty decent. But the pacing is so fucked up, it just messes it all up. I cannot stand all the segments and all this other crap.

Just one pointless segment after another and so much wasted time. WWE book their PPVs pacing so terribly, they fuck up the crowd energy. And it's crazy they don't realise this.

Anth0ny

9kdt98j.gif

Hahahahaha fuck this is gonna get some use

DominoKid

it was definitely a bad show. i did enjoy a few things
- Ambrose in general
- Opening tag match was the peak of the night
- Lana treading close to Hassan territory

would've counted the Battle Royale as a positive if Ziggler won.

Vylash

I agree with no Rollins/Ambrose being disappointing, but I wouldn't have wanted their first encounter wasted in front of this awful crowd on a B PPV, obviously they shouldn't have booked the match in the first place but I think they couldn't have them really do anything else and having them just not show up on the card was out of the question, so they decided to use this to get even more heat for their Summerslam match

I would say that Paige should be sent back to the ghetto that is "Full Sail University," but then I remember that she's been wrestling since she was an 11 year old chav. So it's not a matter of not being ready and needing more training. She just doesn't have it, and will never get any better than she is right now.

I was wondering, what's a chav?

Hey, we're on page 316, wooooo

WWE-Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-And-Miller-Team-Up-To-Market-Stone-Cold-Beer-news-image-photo-picture.jpg

Edit: ahhhh damn, page 317

Hey gang dig this, we're botching up in this mug! You need to take some Alpha Brain when your fixin' to time your commemorative posts correctly and if you should ever find yourself hunting roided up rats, make sure to clear that 50 foot threshold when you throw them up in the air, otherwise they'll no-sell that crud.

Swig 'a water for the working man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's 2014 and your champions are .... John Cena, The Miz, Sheamus, AJ, and the Usos.

Outside of the Usos, it's like nothing ever changed.

We'll see. I fully expect they just wanted the match delayed until Summerslam.

Yeah, sorry WWE creative, that's not good enough for me. Heaven forbid one of them should get injured between now and Summerslam.

Whoever books this freaking crap should get fired.

remnant

Banned
It's a pretty good show considering all of it was a setup for SummerSlam. Every match(except maybe the Uso's) felt like they were building up to a bigger show, and the main event was fun.

I've had some sympathy in the past for the argument that B shows like this, setting up your SS, RR or WM, and not finishing stories are bad becuase they still cost 60 bucks....but now they cost 10. So yeah whatever. Good show, good matches, Internet is still pissed.

Phatmac

I agree with no Rollins/Ambrose being disappointing, but I wouldn't have wanted their first encounter wasted in front of this awful crowd on a B PPV, obviously they shouldn't have booked the match in the first place but I think they couldn't have them really do anything else and having them just not show up on the card was out of the question, so they decided to use this to get even more heat for their Summerslam match
You're just happy the Miz won. :|

Heroman

Banned
It's a pretty good show considering all of it was a setup for SummerSlam. Every match(except maybe the Uso's) felt like they were building up to a bigger show, and the main event was fun.

I've had some sympathy in the past for the argument that B shows like this, setting up your SS, RR or WM, and not finishing stories are bad becuase they still cost 60 bucks....but now they cost 10. So yeah whatever. Good show, good matches, Internet is still pissed.

I agree, I thought the was pretty good, even the diva match was alright.

The most surprising thing that happened on the PPV was either Jericho beating Bray Wyatt, or the WWE using a recent international tragedy in a promo for a Russian gimmick

Top Bottom