• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

RP912

Banned
Holy shit what is going on in the wwe...first emma and now "white powder"

CM PUNK IS COMING BACK....with a vengeance

WWE officials quickly realized they overreacted, because their action would open the floodgates to fire a gaggle of wrestlers for fighting outside the ring, DUI and all sorts of other misdeeds.

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seriously
tumblr_n826rggBWY1srbyoyo1_400.gif

Wasting Fox's gimmick right here. I'd much rather have her wrestling AJ.

MC Safety

I have to say I don't care about title changes and who holds what belt...

But Paige was boring in a way that Randy Boreton is boring, and I am happy she coughed up the title.

I have security footage from Titan Towers that confirms a WrassleGAFer left the mysterious package, and I hate to snitch but... It's time to come clean, Stro.

gif_gifsicle_30_f9c37736f1.gif

gif_gifsicle_30_9c45becd52.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbbfAR-dGPI&list=PLHD5pI8S5U-EMAtxV6Tw9SACrzpR_DXwR&index=33
(link credit: Bootaaay)

I've just watched this match with no prior knowledge of the competitors or grasp of the Japanese language and let me tell you something friend, it was pretty great.

The video description states that this is a return match for Kobashi but as we all know, actions speak louder than words, baby girl. Nothing could have been louder than when Kobashi's tag partner offered up a friendly gesture by opening the ropes to facilitate his entrance, only for Kobashi to wave him off, choosing instead to leap over the top rope and into the ring to a great pop from the crowd. This simple action speaks volumes to the audience and communicates a wealth of information all without the need of a single word.

The action kicks up right away with a flurry of knife edge chops from Kobashi. As he sets his opponet up for a suplex, a ringside photographer can be seen quickly swapping to his secondary camera to better capture the moment. As the photographer will soon learn, he could have taken his sweet time because Kobashi is holding his opponent aloft in a delayed suplex. He uses his brute strength to hold his opponent in a perfectly straight angle for what seems like an eternity, during which the audience voices a varied spectrum of emotion. Awe gives way to admiration, quickly transitioning to disbelief, which morphs into absurdity at the length with which Kobashi is delaying this move, and finally to sheer joy at witnessing such athleticism. All of this again communicated clearly from the indecipherable noise of the crowd.

I won't give away the end, but as someone who primarily watches WWE, I was taken by how different this match finish was from the cliche`d routines I've grown accustomed to. This must be the essence of Japanese Pro Wrestling.

As Kobashi slammed his opponent to the mat, I noticed that the canvas had an Xbox logo, a sign of Microsoft's efforts to market their distinctly American product to the Japanese audience. That video game console would go on to fail spectacularly despite Microsoft's huge war chest. As WWE prepares to make a splash in Japan with the signing of one of their top talents, it'll be interesting to see if they can succeed where Microsoft failed. Will this new talent bring with him the simple fundamentals that made this match so great or will he simply be a pawn used as a means to bolster their financial disasters, the WWE Network and NXT, in a previously untapped market?

And it was brought up that Swagger and Cameron had done worse and not been fired, so they took that into consideration too.

How do you guys know some of this insider stuff? I sometimes take posts for granted as the truth, and I'm wondering if I'm being gullible.

Heel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbbfAR-dGPI&list=PLHD5pI8S5U-EMAtxV6Tw9SACrzpR_DXwR&index=33
(link credit: Bootaaay)

I've just watched this match with no prior knowledge of the competitors or grasp of the Japanese language and let me tell you something friend, it was pretty great.

The video description states that this is a return match for Kobashi but as we all know, actions speak louder than words, baby girl. Nothing could have been louder than when Kobashi's tag partner offered up a friendly gesture by opening the ropes to facilitate his entrance, only for Kobashi to wave him off, choosing instead to leap over the top rope and into the ring to a great pop from the crowd. This simple action speaks volumes to the audience and communicates a wealth of information all without the need of a single word.

The action kicks up right away with a flurry of knife edge chops from Kobashi. As he sets his opponet up for a suplex, a ringside photographer can be seen quickly swapping to his secondary camera to better capture the moment. As the photographer will soon learn, he could have taken his sweet time because Kobashi is holding his opponent aloft in a delayed suplex. He uses his brute strength to hold his opponent in a perfectly straight angle for what seems like an eternity, during which the audience voices a varied spectrum of emotion. Awe gives way to admiration, quickly transitioning to disbelief, which morphs into absurdity at the length with which Kobashi is delaying this move, and finally to sheer joy at witnessing such athleticism. All of this again communicated clearly from the indecipherable noise of the crowd.

I won't give away the end, but as someone who primarily watches WWE, I was taken by how different this match finish was from the cliche`d routines I've grown accustomed to. This must be the essence of Japanese Pro Wrestling.

As Kobashi slammed his opponent to the mat, I noticed that the canvas had an Xbox logo, a sign of Microsoft's efforts to market their distinctly American product to the Japanese audience. That video game console would go on to fail spectacularly despite Microsoft's huge war chest. As WWE prepares to make a splash in Japan with the signing of one of their top talents, it'll be interesting to see if they can succeed where Microsoft failed. Will this new talent bring with him the simple fundamentals that made this match so great or will he simply be a pawn used as a means to bolster their financial disasters, the WWE Network and NXT, in a previously untapped market?

I was going to review the shortest match, you son of a bitch.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Please tell me this is true so I too can lament that it never happened.
"Vince thought of this, the next week he thought of some storyline that involved him going away for months from the public eye. Not even attending stockholder and business meetings. They were going to put this on wwe.com to make it a huge deal, and eventually Vince was going to return with a HOBO ARMY. Can't make this up."

We never get good things

BHZ Mayor

Please tell me this is true so I too can lament that it never happened.

IIRC, the limo/death angle was supposedly gonna lead to it being faked, while someone (Kennedy I think) was supposed to takeover, and that would have led to homeless Vince trying to get back control of the company.

"Vince thought of this, the next week he thought of some storyline that involved him going away for months from the public eye. Not even attending stockholder and business meetings. They were going to put this on wwe.com to make it a huge deal, and eventually Vince was going to return with a HOBO ARMY. Can't make this up."

We never get good things

Me reading the story then realizing it never happened.

Kanye-West-laughing-not-laughing-GIF.gif

Top Bottom