• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

It was, at least from my brief scan earlier today.

Those chops, so fun and playful.
I forgot to mention the high rise trunks that he wears. So high they cover his navel but they don't do his flat Yoko Ono pancake booty any favors. Heavy would be appalled.

"Vince thought of this, the next week he thought of some storyline that involved him going away for months from the public eye. Not even attending stockholder and business meetings. They were going to put this on wwe.com to make it a huge deal, and eventually Vince was going to return with a HOBO ARMY. Can't make this up."

We never get good things

At least we don't get every bad thing Vince comes up with either, like the incest angle with him and Stephanie

its safe to sat that the power of june has moved to august

last year:
G-1
BOLA
Summerslam
Zayn vs Cesaro 2/3 falls

This year

Half G1
BOLA
Steen,Devitt and KENTA in NXT
BROCK

Because they're never off.

Are you sure?

RAW_1016_Photo_003.jpg

somedevil

Some News:

In this won't make people happy news:

Going from there, most talk seems to be that Lesnar will take the title from Cena and build to a Lesnar vs. Reigns match at WrestleMania, which would be the coronation of Reigns as the new top babyface in the company.

Network News:

While this could change, there is talk of the Monday Night Wars show to air on Thursdays as a lead-in for NXT after the end of the weekly run of the first season of Total Divas. That would be a behind the scenes TV series talking about that period, from a WWE point of view of course. The actual episodes of Raw and Nitro from the Monday Night Wars era are expected to be put up in a few months, roughly around the time the first six-month cycle ends.

In trying to find a new career news:

Sonnen has spoken with Gerald Brisco at WWE to put together a meeting with Paul Levesque. According to those close to the situation, Sonnen was pretty much told he was too old to start wrestling training, but there could be interest in him as an announcer. But WWE would be leery right now given Sonnen’s name being what it is right now, and WWE’s being a publicly traded company and having to answer to stockholders who could ask questions.

dream

look bean breath!

Vince McMahon has ordered major cutbacks, far beyond what has been done so far. The dollar figure going around is into the eight figures, so that the losses for this year aren’t nearly as large as were being projected a month back. There is a lot of fear that there major cuts on the horizon besides the talent cuts and some production cuts that have already taken place. I can recall when the network first became obvious it would be a reality toward the latter part of last year that there was the fear that while the idea eventually would work, that there may be growing pains, but luckily with the new TV deal, the increase in rights fees expected would alleviate the network losses. When the TV deal was announced and the increase was far less than anticipated, the fallout of that deal is part of the reason things are happening the way they are.

At about the same time, the shows Lomberger hosted were changed in a budget cutting measure. The pre-and-post-game shows before and after Raw were changed from being done at the arena to a studio setting. The shows before and after Smackdown were canceled. They also didn’t have a post-show or press conference for Money in the Bank, as they went from the end of the PPV, and started airing a replay of the PPV at 11 p.m. Renee Young is now hosting the shows they are still doing.

Shooting of “Tough Enough” at last word was still scheduled to begin this week. But even at this late date it’s up in the air due to budget cutting. The people involved got the directive to reduce production costs and it was not 100% at last word whether they would even start filming as scheduled or not.

we don't need no water let that motherfucker burn bean breath

somedevil

Them planning for Reigns to main event Mania a year in advance when they still won't let him wrestle solo at this point seems a bit far-fetched.

Well his first big single match is Summerslam with Orton. So we will know then how much he has improved to do a singles match.

Some News:

In this won't make people happy news:

Going from there, most talk seems to be that Lesnar will take the title from Cena and build to a Lesnar vs. Reigns match at WrestleMania, which would be the coronation of Reigns as the new top babyface in the company.

I'm ok with that. Hopefully it's a fully fleshed feud.

Showaddy

Well his first big single match is Summerslam with Orton. So we will know then how much he has improved to do a singles match.

We know how that match is going to go though, Orton's just going to dominate at a slow pace for 15 minutes or so while Reigns has a few bursts of punches here and there...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Well yeah.. I am one of the few who believes that the WWE is not going to push him when he is back. They hate to push wrestlers with injuries history. Same goes for BnB

Daniel Bryan and the Yes Movement don't care about that shit. Prepare for another Royal Rumble hijacking, friends. Roman Reigns is about to get that Bootista treatment.

Bogus

The dread pirate Brockbeard is a good look for Lesnar, if you ask me. Would be a great candidate for the vacated eye patch.

Out of curiosity, what dirt sheets do you folks prefer? It's been a while since I've paid attention to any wrasslin' websites, and I wonder if there's a general consensus about what's most reliable / worthwhile.

No snarky rebellious gimmick shit on this one: Say Bryan really only can return until October, you think the audience will forget about him and move on? Will he be the selling point for the next round of Network subscriptions? MITB reactions are kinda making me feel that his star is fading. Much to the joy of everyone here.

Agreed, friend. If only WWE had the money to rent a tandem bicycle.

How dare you make a bicycle joke. You piece of shit.

somedevil

We know how that match is going to go though, Orton's just going to dominate at a slow pace for 15 minutes or so while Reigns has a few bursts of punches here and there...

Orton is interesting. He can do very good matches or he can go into chinlock hell if he wants too.

If his match gets 3 stars I consider it a success for him.

edit: People who were at money in the Bank said Bryan got the best reaction on the show and was over huge in NJ so he is fine plus it seem Bo is bringing him up all the time now.

Gorillaz

If he stays on TV and does his promos here and there, he will be "ok". I think his stock is still falling but staying in the TV spotlight can slow down the bleeding

Daniel Bryan and the Yes Movement don't care about that shit. Prepare for another Royal Rumble hijacking, friends. Roman Reigns is about to get that Bootista treatment.

I think the world championship storyline might have been more interesting had Batista won at WM in hindsight, Bryan could have feuded with Batista instead of Kane.

Top Bottom