• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Marvel

could never
God, Jericho's podcast is SO BAD when he's speaking and trying to "uh huh, yeah yeah" sound like he has a clue what's goin on. It's so bad. He's a horrible host.

I love Chris, but yeah. Pretty much.

Edit: New page
iSRBmr7q7hRbl.gif

The US title became worthless as soon as the brand split ended.

Pretty much. Intercontinental Belt has always been more prestigious. I mean, it seemed like they forgot who even had the US belt for a while there last year. They did a tournament for the IC belt, and they're doing a featured PPV match to crown the next winner.

Gonzalez

Banned
I wonder how long my entertainment from Rollins will last when the Ambrose feud ends. He struck me as the generic high-pace indie guy during the Shield run: fun to watch, but there's an entire card of that guy on ROH shows. As the backstabbing little shit who has a crazy person hunting him, I'm interested, though I wonder how much of that comes from Ambrose.

He will still have great matches with a bunch of guys, but there's more to wrasslin entertainment in WWE than technically good matches.

Ambrose is a god damn blast to watch, though. He eats up screen time like a champ.

Can't you say the same about Ambrose when he has no one else to chase after for revenge anymore.

Is there even such a thing as a Fozzy fan?

Hearing about such things is like seeing bigfoot for the first time.

I really like their first 2 albums, and the third is decent. Haven't listened to any beyond that, but I didn't like the new stuff he's been playing on his podcast.

alstein

Ambrose could demand revenge from the Great Khali for spilling coffee on him, and it would be a five-star classic feud.

Strangest news of the day yesterday:

- 3 separate wrestling related threads in OT
- Emma getting fired and rehired hours later, or
- Finding out the real identity of Horse

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll just ask Mumei who Horse was. Even though I got punched in the balls for supposedly
well...
having an alt. I'll take the L.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny how did we get to a point where you're less progressive than the real life Mr. McMahon?

I dunno, I'm a pretty dense dude

I genuinely feel it's an issue with WWE not wanting women on Raw, because she would only need a few moments and some time to get something across. Which leads to...

AJ had a fluke win, because Raw books women like they're subhuman. Every angle women are in right now is patriarchal bullshit. "Oh two women fawning over a man" "here have 1 minute to be the best women's competitor, showcase your skill" - bunch of trash, and WWE can do better as evidenced by NXT. Bullshit bullshit bullshit.

And people can say "well, watch the alternatives" and that's fine. I do. I love it. BUT I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting women to get a fair shake along with the men on WWE programming.

This is also true, and a hard part of trying to find balance - marketing is and has always been skewed towards males. Remember the Toys R Us talk the other year (?) about marketing to boys because males spend money? I bet WWE sees the exact same demographics - "Well, boys buy alllll this but females only buy this" and it's a vicious cycle. They'll not put up enough female merchandise because their established purchasers are male. I don't know how to "fix" that or even if it can be. It's just an impossible mountain to climb.

Marketing says "put attractive people here" and depending on whose definition of attractive is (sup Johnny Ace) it depends if they're going out to get amazing talent or if they're going for looks over talent.

It's a shame, and it feels like a battle that can't be won. I just wish WWE would sacrifice a little of their bottom line to help push forward some change. But businesses rarely do that, and WWE isn't usually where people look.

I know I'm coming off a little Stroudy but it's always bothered me that WWE is geared towards males to the point of shutting down any desire female kids and youths have to look up to anyone.

Yeah. I can't imagine, even kayfabe as it were, dealing with all that bullshit King said and the way they presented you. It's one of the worst, most disgusting examples of what WWE does that's anti-women.

RP912

Banned
The problem with renee's commentary is that she comes off as a twitch tv streamer that just found out about LOL and act like they are experienced in it.

Its like she's the type of person that bust up in a conversation and talk about french fries...when the actual conversation is about cars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good move for Bourne to grow his hair out. Looks good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got a response from on high that Horse was not banned for being an alt.

Maybe we should take his or her story at face value.

Ithil

Renee's commentary is straight up RAW commentary. She natters on about anything other than the match, repeats dopey made up "factoids" about the wrestlers and just yells "OH!" for every move that's done instead of calling it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Now imagine Renee Young...

with Vince in her ear

Top Bottom