• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn. I saw your other jiffs and tweetins and it sounded like a fun show, about what was expected though.

Sokantish

Prove it and I'll shit in my hat
jF6ZnAf5g9iZy_e.jpg

Prove that he's my good friend? I consider everyone who posts in this thread my good friend, even G-Fex

Well, shit. Court Bauer's apparently been told that Ustream are looking to get out of the PPV business, or at least the side of it that involves people buying shows through Ustream themselves.

bean breath said:
It's not real, Bootaaay.

Go away, John.

Well, shit. Court Bauer's apparently been told that Ustream are looking to get out of the PPV business, or at least the side of it that involves people buying shows through Ustream themselves.

Go away, John.

Upon further reflection, I see now that it was a botch and he landed on his opponent's arm. I can be the bigger man and admit when I'm wrong.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Go away, John.

Wow that...is really fucking weird and bad. That sucks.

jred2k

Did he mention if there are currently any alternatives?

Our Vince McMahon is worse than the real one now.

- Enforcing Omerta on to everyone
- Hates Women
- Hates Poors
- Hates Non-Muscle Men
- Controls WrassleGAF OT Distributions
- Won't give the people what they want (more GWF)
- Allows for stupid comedy gimmick posters to stink up the OTs as he finds them funny

HHH needs to take over control of WrassleGAF.

They're switching to a cam model system. Tip 200 tokens for No DQ, 500 tokens for Fall's Count Anywhere, 800 tokens for Osaka Street Fight, 10 Tokens if you think we're cute. Highest Tipper gets 10 minute private grappling show.

Vince McMahon said:
Wow that...is really fucking weird and bad. That sucks.

Hopefully we should get more details soon and there's some solution for companies like New Japan. We've been really spoiled by how good the service has been, it's going to suck having to wait weeks and months for stuff to show up if this is the end of Ustream iPPVs :(

jred2k said:
Did he mention if there are currently any alternatives?

No, he didn't have any other information and said he hopes they change their minds because they're the "gold standard" in iPPVs at present.

New Japan could always stream the shows via NicoNico, but that site isn't exactly friendly for customers outside of Japan.

I can be the bigger man and admit when I'm wrong.

i4iKoJ2rpZKG.gif

XenoRaven

- Hates Women
- Hates Poors
- Hates Non-Muscle Men

To be fair, he did admit Omerta has failed. Everything else is true though.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
North America is a continent. The intercontinental belt was supposedly created by unifying the North American Champs belt with the South American belt. Although I don't think that South American Champs belt ever really existed.
Oh I'm sorry, I THOUGHT YOU GOT MY REFERENCE.

They're probably switching to SaaS and still providing the backend, but it'l just be on the company's site and whatnot.

Also, Court Bauer is an idiot and PPV for UStream has been doing well/they already have the infrastructure for it, so unless they just want out of everything, I think it's just changing what they're offering.

They're switching to a cam model system. Tip 200 tokens for No DQ, 500 tokens for Fall's Count Anywhere, 800 tokens for Osaka Street Fight, 10 Tokens if you think we're cute. Highest Tipper gets 10 minute private grappling show.

FUCK. Goddamnit bean

Son Of D

- Hates Women
- Hates Poors
- Hates Non-Muscle Men
- Allows for stupid comedy gimmick posters to stink up the OTs as he finds them funny

Who is our HHH anyway?

If the "hardcore" fans rebel and want Daniel Bryan in the top spot again, it'd be glorious to get the Reigns win and instant arrogant douche bag turn. He's everything the smarks want to hate because on the internet, if there's a small dude with indie cred and high work rate available, they have to pick them over entertaining guys with a good look and in ring charisma. In the business of sports entertainment.

Goldberg didn't flop in WWE. In fact he was doing pretty well until the end when he was purposely and legitimately buried in WWE.

I refuse to believe this is not considered fact.

Underselling the Goldberg character and his popularity is some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever read. Like, are Daniel Bryan fans that desperate to say, 'NO SEE THAT GUY'

That said, Roman Reigns ain't Goldberg.

Quoting these posts to show that it's not just D-Bry fans that fall for gimmick posts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does he book with the same limitations? I might have to check this one out.

Nah. He said he straight up wouldn't do the angle if he didn't have Nash, Hall, and Hogan. He uses other people, but he says they have to pay whatever to get them for what he has in mind.

Nah. He said he straight up wouldn't do the angle if he didn't have Nash, Hall, and Hogan. He uses other people, but he says they have to pay whatever to get them for what he has in mind.

Ah right, sort of not that interesting now as I'm sure everyone would have done the same in retrospect. Those 12 months you had the Invasion and then Ric Flair taking control followed by the NWO 'injected' to take care of Flair.

I sort of like how it's one long storyline that you can sort of believe was 'planned' even when it wasn't.

bomb.com is the most hardcore phrase in all of sports, for it ensures that someone who relies on airline travel for a living will always get excruciating treatment from the TSA

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've watched a lot of the Timelines and Guest Bookers. I enjoy them all, even from people I don't like. I thought Brutus has interesting stories, for example.

The Eddie Graham one is the worst fucking shoot I've ever heard. Half the stuff he talks about, he admits to not even being there form. He's like a beanpole acting like a tough guy. He talks about people who don't draw when he never drew shit as a promoter or a worker. He only got his job because of his dad, and he came off as a real parrot of whatever his dad told him. A mark who don't know what a mark he was.

Top Bottom