• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wow I only have 20 WCW PPVs left.

BatB 1994, while the beginning of the end in many ways, is still a great show.

jred2k

Wow, Booker even manages to be my favourite part of a Sin Cara-only Botchamania.

"Maybe they switched boots."

I think the whole thing could have just been one long segment called nobody talks.

Vylash

"HE'S HIDEOUS"
"...He's just a regular guy with a crew cut"

OG Sin Cara was pretty ugly

bo0Ft.gif

krae_man

Yea its the I quit match. I didn't even know about a first blood match! What ppv is this?

I don't remember when it was but it was after PG and horrible. The Finish of the match was

-JBL crawls under the ring for no reason(to get fake blood packet and stick it in his mouth)
-Cena takes the already removed from turnbuckle ring ropes and starts wrapping them around JBL's neck
-Ref somehow knows in advance JBL is going to bleed from the mouth and practically sticks his head down JBL's throat to look for the blood and calls for the bell before Cena even applies the hold.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know if it's just because he's the only one who comes off a star during this whole thing or what, and it's not intentional, but I love angry old man Hogan beating up Kidman so much. It's just fucking hilarious. His promos aren't good, but it's something about him that I'm like.. 'Yeah! Great!'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't know if it's just because he's the only one who comes off a star during this whole thing or what, and it's not intentional, but I love angry old man Hogan beating up Kidman so much. It's just fucking hilarious. His promos aren't good, but it's something about him that I'm like.. 'Yeah! Great!'

The whole feud is great in an "are you fucking kidding me?" sort of way. Loads of weird shit you've never seen hogan do, goofy as fuck run ins (which were the fashion at the time) and ridiculous promos from both camps. Flea market champion.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The whole feud is great in an "are you fucking kidding me?" sort of way. Loads of weird shit you've never seen hogan do, goofy as fuck run ins (which were the fashion at the time) and ridiculous promos from both camps. Flea market champion.

Whipping the shit out of Kidman with his belt, pulling out tables, attempting to commit vehicle manslaughter on Kidman and Bischoff with the hummer, staring down the police. This is the wrestling godfather gimmick that people wanted.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SINCARAMANIA is paaainful to watch, wow

He had plenty of matches where he was just fine or only messed up one thing but he always fucked up on large stages and got worse instead of better.

Hunico meanwhile when they bother to bring him out under the mask usually does just fine...except when fighting Sin Cara Azure.

TL21xx

Banned
My laptop just blue screened while trying to watch SinCaraMania... How appropriate... Doesn't look like it was fatal though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
LOL this David flair / vampire package they just played . Daffney looking good

Edit: Random Chono appearance 2000 WCW is great

Just watching the PPVs it's the best year of WCW in pure entertainment value I've seen.

The wrestling is god awful but it is never, ever, ever boring...well besides almost all of Spring Stampede 2000.

Zach

Holy crap. Surely one of you guys made a gif of that twisting somersault legdrop that Scorpio did right onto Benoit's head at Slamboree '93. Right? Right?!

Brutal.

Apparently the issue with Ustream and PPV was customer service and replays. They didn't see beefing up customer service staff as being worth it.

Ziggler is probably winning the IC Title.

- Rybaxel are in a team, so they're out
- Khali is too important for the title, same with ADR and RDV
- lol Sandow

That leaves Cesaro, Kofi, Big E, and Ziggler. They're content to not push Kofi, and Cesaro is doing nothing.

That leaves Big E and Ziggler. I can see Big E getting it and then losing it to Rusev, but that's more of a pipe-dream. Plus I think Rusev is too fat to actually wear it.

That leaves Ziggler.

Heel

Holy cow, Sunflower, what a twist at the end of that Vita game thread. Closed right when things were getting honest. Unbelievable.

Apparently the issue with Ustream and PPV was customer service and replays. They didn't see beefing up customer service staff as being worth it.

the amount of buyers accidentally buying the spanish version of wrestle kingdom and wanting the money back after buying the japanese version as well got to them!

i was among those fools

Just watching the PPVs it's the best year of WCW in pure entertainment value I've seen.

The wrestling is god awful but it is never, ever, ever boring...well besides almost all of Spring Stampede 2000.

It's hilarious . David flair is pretty amazing . I Appreciate that he committed to this character .

Top Bottom