• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Marvel

could never
So many of those Cara botches were the fault of his opponent, the ropes, his shitty mask or just plain bad luck - in hindsight, he really could have benefited with a good few months at NXT.

That's what I said.

Really should have tweaked it. Also you're right about NXT time.

Edit: Dammit
i6aIbOd7XFr4A.jpg

Sblargh

Banned
So many of those Cara botches were the fault of his opponent, the ropes, his shitty mask or just plain bad luck - in hindsight, he really could have benefited with a good few months at NXT.

The ropes? What do you mean?

Edit: Random question. Has Benoit suicide/murder impacted ratings, attendance or stuff like that?

Aiii

So not worth it
Becky Lynch is one of the most annoying wrestlers ever, don't know what's up with the stupid movements she's doing, but please stop.

Showaddy

Becky Lynch is one of the most annoying wrestlers ever, don't know what's up with the stupid movements she's doing, but please stop.

Blame the company for that shit gimmick they've given her. Hopefully when they realise she'll get over with her wrestling skills they'll just sieve all the crap out of her gimmick until she's left with something decent.

Jamie OD

I missed pretty much the entirety of Sin Cara's meaningful time w/ WWE.

SinCaraMania is amazing. I am astounded at his ability to fuck up in ways that I didn't think were possible.

He was so good in Mexico too. Until the Devitt and KENTA rumours started I felt Mistico was going to be the last major international star to join WWE so I was more than a little disappointed in his early performances. Hopefully Kalisto can shine brightly because I want WWE to have some sort of lucha wrestler on their roster (Torito isn't enough).

Well, I'll be damned - Akiyama's only gone and saved AJPW;

XdhZIoh.jpg

The promotion is now called All Japan Pro-Wrestling, written in English, as Shiraishi still owns the original 'Zen Nihon Pro-Wrestling' name (which translated to All Japan Pro-Wrestling). Run by Akiyama and Masanobu Fuchi, with Makoto Baba (Giant Baba's widow) as an adviser, the technically-new promotion announced they're sponsored by Cable TV Yamagata who invested around $1m and now own the broadcasting rights, committing to show 100+ matches via cable, satellite and internet in a year.

Also, they've sold out the first seven shows of the first tour, Summer Action Series, as well as the Summer Impact show at the 7,000 seat Aichi Prefectural Gymnasium. Hot damn, that's impressive, considering how terrible their attendances were during the Shiraishi-run era.

The ropes? What do you mean?

The way the ropes are strung are different to what he was used to - in lucha and Japanese wrestling the ropes are strung much tauter, so there's less give/wobble when someone tries to do a springboard move. It's not like it's impossible to do those moves in a WWE ring, but if a wrestler isn't used to it then they'll likely have problems, as Sin Cara did. Another reason he should've been in NXT for a while.

Sounds simple enough. How hard can it be? I mean, sure, ROH never cracked it...even with the backing of a national TV network, but clearly they just didn't BoLieve enough!

Between us I reckon we have the bases covered.

BronsonLee - Camera
FallingEdge - Law stuff
Accounts - ???
IT - ???
PR - Strobogo

Yeah, the reason New Japan are doing so well right now is because they've turned around their domestic business - a couple of thousand iPPV buys is nothing compared to their sales in Japan.

Also, congratulations to
KUSHIDA on becoming the new IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion
!

*edit, apparently Ibushi took a concussion from KUSHIDA's handspring kick. Also, El Desperado
has joined Suzuki-gun
!

Ithil

She's already dropped the dancing from her matches so I don't know what you're ragging on.

Ithil

No she was sent back to NXT to start actual wrestling training. She might end up better off than Eva Marie in the end who will get shitcanned as soon as Total Divas is cancelled.

Aiii

So not worth it
She's already dropped the dancing from her matches so I don't know what you're ragging on.

She didn't dance to the ring because they did Bayley's entrance, this is what she did in the ring:
armflailingfj4ji5.gif

WHAT ARE YOUR ARMS DOING AND WHY ARE THEY DOING IT?

And this gif is literally all the offense she did in the ring too

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Things I don't like about WWF in 1988
Hulk Hogan
Andre being broken down
Ultimate Warrior
Beefcake
Roddy Piper
FUCKING JIM DUGGAN
One Man Gang
Slick
Hillbilly Jim
Roddy Piper
Hart Foundation. Shut the fuck up Neidhart
Gret the fatty Valentine, looks way too NWA for this company
Harley Race. He doesn't fit in here. And he looks AWFUL. He looks like somebody's grandma, not the badass he looked like back in the day. No one should have ever let him bleach his hair.
Haku. Barbarian will make him awesome in WCW though
Demolition. I don't get it, and I'll never get it.
Roddy Piper
Virgil
Jimmy Hart

Things I like about WWF in 1988
Hulk Hogan
Powers of Pain
Bad News Brown
Jake Roberts
British Bulldogs
The Genius
Ted Dibiase
Rick Rude
Big Bossman
Honky Tonk Man
Elizabeth in Mega Powers garb
Macho Man
Brainbusters
Bobby Heenan
Koko's sweet bird
MEAN BY GOD GENE
Jumping Bomb Angels
Ricky Steamboat
Rick Martel though his true time will come next year
Jesse Ventura

I think that's it. Decent balance, actually.

Cagey

Banned
She didn't dance to the ring because they did Bayley's entrance, this is what she did in the ring:
armflailingfj4ji5.gif

WHAT ARE YOUR ARMS DOING AND WHY ARE THEY DOING IT?

And this gif is literally all the offense she did in the ring too
She's doing the old timey Fighting Irish stance with her arms. On my phone, so Google the Notre Dame Fighting Irish logo and you'll see the leprechaun doing it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Glad somebody clicked that 16 bit theme I linked yesterday, his work is too damn good to be missed.

I'm sorry mate, but these have been posted in this thread since at least one month ago, I've been subbed to that channel for a while now.

Still, good on you, guy makes good stuff.

Marvel

could never
LTTP shit, lol oh well I'm happy we like his work I subbed too. Paige, V Villains and Seth Rollins are my fave tracks atm.

Waiting for Stardust.

Yeah, the reason New Japan are doing so well right now is because they've turned around their domestic business - a couple of thousand iPPV buys is nothing compared to their sales in Japan.

Also, congratulations to
KUSHIDA on becoming the new IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion
!

*edit, apparently Ibushi took a concussion from KUSHIDA's handspring kick. Also, El Desperado
has joined Suzuki-gun
!

So are we ever going to be able to watch this?

=/

Between us I reckon we have the bases covered.

BronsonLee - Camera
FallingEdge - Law stuff
Accounts - ???
IT - ???
PR - Strobogo

I know nothing about the law. I'm a code monkey.

Phatmac

Can someone explain to me why ADR stiff kicked Sin Cara so much during the sincaramania video?? Seems like I missed something.

Ithil

Can someone explain to me why ADR stiff kicked Sin Cara so much during the sincaramania video?? Seems like I missed something.

They have heat from before they were in WWE. There's a story that they had a disagreement and one of Sin Cara/Mistico's entourage pulled a gun on ADR.
So he made extra sure to be rough with him in the WWE as payback.

Very happy for KUSHIDA, he's a very good wrestler and this is well-deserved for him, although I certainly didn't expect he would be the one to dethrone Ibushi. However, I figured Ibushi would be dethroned soon, as he's said that he's burned out working for both New Japan and DDT, and since he's always been loyal to DDT he would likely leave New Japan first. Not to mention there's been rumors of him heading to WWE. Sucks too about his concussion as it might keep him out of the G1, hopefully NJPW can find someone to take his place.

As for Desperado's turn, it was pretty expected as he was kind of playing the Kurt Angle-super face that you just knew he was going to turn. With Taichi's suspension he'll probably be Taka's new tag partner for a while, and I'd love to see them challenge for the Jr. Tag belts.

Phatmac

They have heat from before they were in WWE. There's a story that they had a disagreement and one of Sin Cara/Mistico's entourage pulled a gun on ADR.
So he made extra sure to be rough with him in the WWE as payback.
Well that explains it. Thanks!

KissVibes

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA62qCoW-a4

Jojo is still there? I thought she was long gone.

Is Chad Gabel the WWE's next attempt at replacing Kurt Angle?

ADR and Original Sin Cara have beef and want to murder each-other. IIRC, Sin Cara got real close to killing ADR one day. The gun probably jammed or he forgot to load it.

Top Bottom