• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Friend Heel did amazing work in that there thread.

DnF5rB7.gif

krae_man

Ziggler is probably winning the IC Title.

- Rybaxel are in a team, so they're out
- Khali is too important for the title, same with ADR and RDV
- lol Sandow

That leaves Cesaro, Kofi, Big E, and Ziggler. They're content to not push Kofi, and Cesaro is doing nothing.

That leaves Big E and Ziggler. I can see Big E getting it and then losing it to Rusev, but that's more of a pipe-dream. Plus I think Rusev is too fat to actually wear it.

That leaves Ziggler.

Have you forgotten what time it is?

12ALL3F.png

WWE staffers probably had to explain to Vince what a self-checkout machine was.

Vince: "You mean a mirror?"
Vince is so out of touch that this is totally believable never mind that I doubt he himself has stepped into any store at this point in decades to shop and certainly not Wal-Mart.

I can't understand why Emma bought an ipad mini then stole a case for it, it's not like she couldn't afford $20 on top of a $300 ipad mini. Why risk her career for it?
Because she didn't try to steal it, she just forgot to scan it and Walmart decided to be a bitch about it and report it. According to Alvarez who got contacted by one of his listeners that's a Walmart employee in that department, he suspected they reported her to the police because it was the end of the month and there's some kind of quota they have to meet.

Minus the Loss Prevention part that's what I've expected and self scan checkouts suck.

Vylash

Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling had early plans to use the 6 sided ring since it was originally Jarrett's idea back when he was in TNA. There are some workers in TNA who believe one of the main reasons why the company decided to bring the 6 sided ring back was to "beat Jarrett to the punch," so to speak.

iVfmNXwHNPb1g.gif

Friend Spider, I saw some of what you posted in that vile thread. You did good by the Sination. You eternally have my hustle, loyalty, and most importantly, my respect.

ibjVCSbY5IEnn2.gif

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Friend Spider, I saw some of what you posted in that vile thread. You did good by the Sination. You eternally have my hustle, loyalty, and most importantly, my respect.

ibjVCSbY5IEnn2.gif

Couldn't let the Bryan fans, who are really into things that are physically small, child like in personality and can't protect themselves run rampant.

80268887_1534790.gif

Sblargh

Banned
No, my people, I'm telling y'all, it's worse than demons, it is serial killer mentality.

Those are regular girls, who lost their souls due to sinning and were condemned to hell, they are not demons, they are girls who sinned in life; the way to get them to redemption is to punish them through sexual acts.

Maybe this sticks out to me because some years ago, a dude entered a school here in Brazil with a gun and shot down the kids; mainly the girls and on his suicide letter, he said he was targeting the girls because women are dirty or something like that. There were 12 deads (10 girls) and 13 injuried (10 girls) as he was clearly targetting them. Am I stretching it? The storyline for some reason disturbs me even more than the graphical content.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lex Luger still has like 3 things more he's contributed to wrestling than Shane Douglas. This guy is the worst of the worst.

He'd easily be ROH champion nowadays

Nah, not even ROH fans have any appreciation for Shane Douglas. I remember when he got booed out of the building, even though he was just trying to cut a promo to put over the company and the fans (and himself, of course). Mike Bennett's the 2014 version of him.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shane Douglas being terrible is yet another enjoyable part of WCW 2000. Especially when he ends up being the big surprise of the Bischoff/Russo reboot.

alstein

That's more what I meant. If he 'came to be' now rather than then, he'd be an ROH champion. Everything about his is so fucking boring. He's not good at anything.

young 80's Luger was good. He wasn't great, but he was good.

no idea how Mike Bennett compares to Shane Doubles- Bennett's someone I don't mind watching.

I'm really disappointed by the Ustream news, don't know if I can go back to waiting weeks, months, years for content to (maybe) surface from Japan again. Right before the G1, as well. This sucks :(

It wouldn't be so bad if there were a competitor NJPW/ROH/DG could switch over to, but there's no one in Ustream's league. NicoNico works for the Japanese fans, but won't let you order without a Japanese credit card.

So, if the G1 doesn't go up for ordering, DG's Kobe World could be the last international iPPV from Japan.

I'm really disappointed by the Ustream news, don't know if I can go back to waiting weeks, months, years for content to (maybe) surface from Japan again. Right before the G1, as well. This sucks :(

It wouldn't be so bad if there were a competitor NJPW/ROH/DG could switch over to, but there's no one in Ustream's league. NicoNico works for the Japanese fans, but won't let you order without a Japanese credit card.

So, if the G1 doesn't go up for ordering, DG's Kobe World could be the last international iPPV from Japan.

Bootaaay your calling has come, set up iPPV Streaming Company. Easy.

Thorakai

What the fuck, so I tell myself I'm going to start getting into Japanese wrasslin with G1 and now Ustream wants to stop doing iPPVs? DAMN IT

Hopefully we'll at least get the G1, but as it isn't up to pre-order yet, maybe not.

Just waiting for any official statements. Hopefully some sort of compromise can be found - as in Ustream providing the back-end, with New Japan handling payments and customer service.

Bootaaay your calling has come, set up iPPV Streaming Company. Easy.

Sounds simple enough. How hard can it be? I mean, sure, ROH never cracked it...even with the backing of a national TV network, but clearly they just didn't BoLieve enough!

Jamie OD

Shane Douglas being terrible is yet another enjoyable part of WCW 2000. Especially when he ends up being the big surprise of the Bischoff/Russo reboot.

Also he finally gets to do angles with Flair who he has been bitching about for years and Flair just destroys him with his star power in their promos and matches together.

After this whole nonsense with the IC title is done, can there be a IC/US unification match finally? Please? And just one belt after they're unified?

I wish, the US Title is redundant and they haven't done anything of note with it in forever, it's sole purpose of existing was the brandsplit, just like the World Title.

JR said they should bring back the TV title and defend it every single week.

Then you can merge US and IC.

That's what I've been saying for years now.

WWE World HW Title = Main Event, duh.
IC Title = Mid/Upper
TV Title = Mid/Lower whose push is just starting to ramp up and the TV title is their test run with working every week.

And most important finally getting back to fucking selling why guys want the damn titles and their importance like they use to. Oh and actually featuring the story lines for each level though a bit less important with the TV title since it should be defended once or twice a week and basically any match the guy is having on TV for obvious reasons. Build up the TV Champion to work with the IC champ with an easy feud to start. There's plenty of ways to get the TV title off him if need be without hurting a push.

Shit isn't rocket science and champions shouldn't be subjected to repeatedly losing unless part of an angle or lame ass 50/50 booking.

DominoKid

I missed pretty much the entirety of Sin Cara's meaningful time w/ WWE.

SinCaraMania is amazing. I am astounded at his ability to fuck up in ways that I didn't think were possible.

Gonzalez

Banned
Rusev could get away with the "round the neck":

But it almost seems like a face thing to do. I'm honestly trying to remember someone else in WWE who did that, but my memory fails me.

Bubba Ray was another. I think Jeff Hardy might have done that, but I think he used to tie it into his pant belt and let it dangle between his crotch.

Huh, Petey Williams announced a few hours ago that his last wrestling match will be this Saturday against Chris Sabin;

rIYvl1B.jpg

Haven't seen much of him these past couple of years, I was always surprised he didn't get more of a chance in ROH after he left TNA.

It really has come at the worst possible time for them. Hopefully they can figure out an easy way for international customers to use the domestic iPPV provider (NicoNico), but currently they only accept payment from Japanese credit cards.

Also, this sucks for ROH - just as they'd found a good solution to their iPPV problems, this goes and happens.

Sin Cara mania stings, I wanted to believe in Sin Cara and I was met with years of botching and no improvement.
Oh well, I'll always have the imposter Cara feud, you can't top two mute wrestlers aggressively pointing at each other to further a hate fuelled rivalry.

Browny

Banned
Bubba Ray was another. I think Jeff Hardy might have done that, but I think he used to tie it into his pant belt and let it dangle between his crotch.

Nice work by Jeff then...

I think the Pitbulls did it in ECW too. Perhaps I'm thinking Steiner brothers... And after a google, I find this:

Rey-Mysterio-Holding-The-Belt-on-Neck.jpg

Surprised he's still standing.

Sucks about Ustream - is there another provider that covers foreign sports that would be tempted to step up?

So many of those Cara botches were the fault of his opponent, the ropes, his shitty mask or just plain bad luck - in hindsight, he really could have benefited with a good few months at NXT.

Top Bottom