• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

lol what are they even charging for anymore? Other than Twit.tv, ippvs were the only thing ustream had over twitch/justin/google

They may want to move people towards their business stuff: For iPPVs, they were just getting half of the purchase + bandwidth costs. If they make content providers sign up for their embed stuff (we're talking custom site/stream that they still host), they can ask for a lot more money than, say, half of 14.95.

For example, GoFightLive kind of does the same thing: They'll gladly host your content for that, but they also -really- want you to use their camera crews and production teams, which naturally costs a lot more. Also, they're everywhere, so instead of doing one event a night, they can do like 10+.

Wait
DOES THIS AFFECT THE G1
MOTHERFUCKER

I've heard a few time that Ustream doesn't make shit on the iPPVs.

Doesn't surprise me they are cutting them out. Which could all change in a second if they were given a better cut of the money.

On the other hand this is the internet and if there is demand and money to be made it's a vacuum. Something will take Ustreams place.

Daniel Bryan is just too real for the fake world of wrestling, and that's what makes him better than anyone else. The fact that Sami comes across as genuine on WWE TV just speaks to how much of a dick he probably is in reality.

That was pretty easy. I think we got this.

Basically from the taping these people were not over at the New York tapings:
Mr. Anderson, Gunner, Sam Shaw, the menagerie, Jessie and Robbie, Madison Rayne and Brittany

One match was crapped on even before it began.

Those guys aren't really over with regular Impact fans either though. With the exception of Anderson and Bro-mans with certain crowds.

Next Thursday

BrpFdOxCUAALbvk.jpg

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
One of the dudes in the anime pedo game thread used a Bryan yes gif when finding out about the game being localized. Speaks volumes doesn't it, friends?

remnant

Banned
Bobby Lashley has been booked strong over Eric Young for the past 4 months, and that is on top of Eric Young being booked strong lately as well.

It's really weird seeing a non-NXT show book two champions well.

Haven't really kept up with tna but was it surprising Eric Young lost clean? I know he had no build going into his reign but I thought he actually made for a nice champ when he did have the belt.

Haven't really kept up with tna but was it surprising Eric Young lost clean? I know he had no build going into his reign but I thought he actually made for a nice champ when he did have the belt.

This is like his third or fourth clean win over Eric. Whoever beats Lashley should be a monster, per se.

Alucard

Banned

I'm only surprised at how weak they're making EY look after his reign. It's like he's incapable of beating Lashley altogether. Maybe he was only meant to be a transitional guy in the first place.

I enjoyed what I watched of TNA tonight
Me too. Which was none of it, and I enjoyed every minute that I wasn't watching.

Tonight wouldn't have been a fair comparison. I finished off Badd Blood. Even that great main event on NXT fell a little flat after the first Cell match and Kane's debut moment.

TNA wouldn't have stood a chance.

remnant

Banned
I'm only surprised at how weak they're making EY look after his reign. It's like he's incapable of beating Lashley altogether. Maybe he was only meant to be a transitional guy in the first place.

I think that's a great idea. They've had EY go clean over almost every credible guy on the roster, Roode, Aries, Abyss, magnus, King., but he just can't beat Lashley. That's how a monster heel should be booked. Just this brickwall that babyfaces can't get over.

The smart thing for TNA to do now is just keep doing that. Have Lashley beat other guys clean for a while, and make him dropping the title a big deal.

Top Bottom