• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Paracelsus

I love Botchamania; it just finds new ways to kill wrestling continuity (if there was any).

Speaking of Botchamania and continuity, have they ever called WWE on the bullshit angle with Rey and Eddie in 2005?

You will be forever known as the man who could never beat Rey Mysterio*!

*Except for the title defense in 2004 and the times Eddie kicked Rey's ass in WCW for the cruiserweight title

Reminds me of nobody has EVER kicked out the 3D (except for Masato Tanaka).

Alucard

Banned
Hey, friends. For those who don't know, I've been writing for a pro wrestling site called Wrestle Enigma since the start of January. In addition to weekly ROH TV reports and an editorial here and there, I've started a new weekly column entitled Wrestling Yay! It will drop every Saturday morning and will focus on the good things going on in the world of pro wrestling. No bitching allowed. Check out my first episode here:

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/wrestling-yay-ep-01-the-bright-spots-of-the-week-in-wrestling
Wrestling-Yay-Ep.01.jpg

(The site has also recently undergone a visual update)

FyreWulff

Speaking of Botchamania and continuity, have they ever called WWE on the bullshit angle with Rey and Eddie in 2005?

You will be forever known as the man who could never beat Rey Mysterio*!

*Except for the title defense in 2004 and the times Eddie kicked Rey's ass in WCW for the cruiserweight title

Reminds me of nobody has EVER kicked out the 3D (except for Masato Tanaka).

WCW never existed unless they're forced to acknowledge it existed

Rey's debut match in the WWE avoided mentioning WCW entirely

Phatmac

The end audio of the latest botchamania video is something I know but just can't name right now. Anyone know where the audio from the shield break up comes from?

Mengetsu

The end audio of the latest botchamania video is something I know but just can't name right now. Anyone know where the audio from the shield break up comes from?

007 Goldeneye N64 Mulitplayer. Facility stage music. Sound are slappers only mode match type.

rrs

Facility from Goldeneye with some sounds from the slappers from the same game overlayed

Hasney

Motorhead didn't surprise me and play any HHH songs yesterday, but Faith No More, Spundgarden and Black Sabbath made up for it.

Also my knee is so injured that I may need to vacate my titles.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WCW never existed unless they're forced to acknowledge it existed

Rey's debut match in the WWE avoided mentioning WCW entirely

Not quite.

There was a wrestler named Rey Mysterio Jr. who had numerous fights with him in WCW. The fighter who faced him in the WWE that he could not beat was Rey Mysterio.

chunk3rvd

It'll never happen but the biggest Heel turn in history is right there on a plate for them.

"It was all an act, all those wishes I granted. Faked 'em all. Fingers were crossed."

Problem is, that's the point most of the smart fans would switch to his side and start cheering him. They'd be in just an awkward position with a vocal section of their crowd cheering their top heel!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Problem is, that's the point most of the smart fans would switch to his side and start cheering him. They'd be in just an awkward position with a vocal section of their crowd cheering their top heel!

Smart fans would hopefully stop cheering him a week later when they realize he's the same shitty burying machine. Turning heel isn't going to magically make John Cena interesting, cut better promos, or be a good wrestler who doesn't need carrying in every match.

Yeah, it's a shame really. Unless he tried to shit on them too, by saying he was going to hold on to the title forever and keep down all the younger potential in the WWE or something. But yeah Smart Fans are arseholes and can ruin shows, just as much as making them memorable.

Fans don't cheer heels because they're heels, they cheer them because the heels are often more compelling characters than the faces. Heel Cena vs Bryan would certainly see lots of (for once appropriate) boos for Cena.

At a certain point you gotta wonder just how "smart" these "smart fans" are when you consider just how mad and heated they get about two grown men slapping each other in the ring while in their underwear for a children's television show.

BrxZPZTCQAAl4EM.jpg

Eh, Marufuji :|

His first defence is going to be against Nakajima. Shame Zack & Ogawa lost the Jr. titles as well, but I like Ishimori & Kotoge. Also, Dangan Yankees retained against TMDK.

*edit, hah! PROGRESS are doing a Lego Deathmatch between Addy Star & Rhia O'Reilly at Sonisphere tonight. Best dethmatch stip ever.

Alucard

Banned
At a certain point you gotta wonder just how "smart" these "smart fans" are when you consider just how mad and heated they get about two grown men slapping each other in the ring while in their underwear for a children's television show.

This is actually kind of true, but people get angry when their fave shows kill off a character they like or the writing turns to shit during a particular season or episode too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The tag team combo of Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows shilling their new show on Twitter is just too much for me. Jeeeezus

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I got into this whole thing today with someone about how shuffle mode/buttons are dumb and defeat the purpose of an album's arrangement.

Ithil

A big Royal Rumble spot with the former members of The Shield as the only wrestlers in the ring is planned for 2015. They could very well be the final three in the match, which makes sense since Roman Reigns is on his way to winning the title at WrestleMania, anyway.
Sounds good. Well, until the last part.

That's why you don't turn him heel in a "wears black and cheats" way, you turn him heel in a NXT Bo Dallas way. That's pretty much the template for a Cena heel run, and it got Bo incredible heat.

BHZ Mayor

Sounds good. Well, until the last part.

That's why you don't turn him heel in a "wears black and cheats" way, you turn him heel in a NXT Bo Dallas way. That's pretty much the template for a Cena heel run, and it got Bo incredible heat.

I've always said they could do it Hollywood Rock style, which is basically just sprinkle some arrogance and crowd-shitting in his current persona and boom. Heel Cena.

Top Bottom