• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

tumblr_n7wipxZSLs1rwk9lyo1_400.gif

Bump card filled up in one spot

Daughter caught a glimpse of the GIF and her comment was "VERY VERY VERY BREAKY BREAKY BREAKY BISHII BISHIIIII"

Marvel

could never
AMAZING gif, you know guys I've not played a wrestling game since "Here comes the pain" but damn I kinda hope there's some funny glitches in 2K15. I find them hilarious.

I watched the WCCW and AWA docs on the network yesterday. They're both phenomenal, but they take about 30 minutes to go from "man remember the good old days" to "yeah some real serious shit went down."

AMAZING gif, you know guys I've not played a wrestling game since "Here comes the pain" but damn I kinda hope there's some funny glitches in 2K15. I find them hilarious.

I'm going to bet it will, improved (slightly?) versions on new systems will lead to some bugs.

And innovating PPV.

I knew a guy who worked at a cable company during WWF golden era. He described lines out the door, full of people who were renting cable boxes to watch any the big four WWF PPV events.

Boxing had more to do with PPV being a success than Vince, although Vince was a big part as well.

Joey Mercury said:
One of the things I learned from [Vince McMahon] is the real indicator that you're catching on or getting over is when the crowd chants your name and that's where you can tell if a guy can draw money or not. The "HOLY S" chants or the "You Can't Wrestle" or anything the crowd starts chanting, that's more for the crowd to get themselves over. When they say "THIS IS AWESOME" that's a little bit better, you know you're doing good. But when Roman Reigns is down and he's digging from underneath, he's got a mountain to climb, when the people start chanting, "Roman! Roman! Roman!" that's not to get themselves over, that's because they want him, because that's their guy. So it's kind of a good barometer.

Roman is a bad example obviously, but this is true. I think "This Is Awesome" chants are a product of bad, or rather no, storylines and underdeveloped characters. When you have Barrett and Ziggler go out and fight for the IC title for no reason but they put on a great match, all you can really say is "This Is Awesome".

Well, whaddaya know, Hacksaw Higgins wasn't entirely terrible. Or Inoki dragged him to a standard Inoki-match level, either way, that was better than I was expecting. Higgins and Schultz are on the next episode, this time from Japan. Inoki was really lacking in gaijin talent - Baba had the NWA champions, but Inoki had little when Hogan wasn't around. Probably why he convinced Brody to jump ship (again).

On to All Japan first, though. 6-man tag with a super random gaijin team; Brody, Killer Brooks & Klaus Wallas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, whaddaya know, Hacksaw Higgins wasn't entirely terrible. Or Inoki dragged him to a standard Inoki-match level, either way, that was better than I was expecting. Higgins and Schultz are on the next episode, this time from Japan. Inoki was really lacking in gaijin talent - Baba had the NWA champions, but Inoki had little when Hogan wasn't around. Probably why he convinced Brody to jump ship (again).

On to All Japan first, though. 6-man tag with a super random gaijin team; Brody, Killer Brooks & Klaus Wallas.

Always trust a Higgins.

JxTwyD6.jpg

Roman is a bad example obviously, but this is true. I think "This Is Awesome" chants are a product of bad, or rather no, storylines and underdeveloped characters. When you have Barrett and Ziggler go out and fight for the IC title for no reason but they put on a great match, all you can really say is "This Is Awesome".

I remember when the San Antonio crowd chanted "Kennedy" at the 2007 Royal Rumble when Kennedy was a heel against Batista during their match.

All those times people chanted Daniel Bryan sure meant a lot to Vince, I bet. Also, "We Want Ziggler" and "Let's go Ziggler".

WWE is going to pick who they like and find reasons to like them. It's that simple.

I remember the first time I heard a "Hounds of Justice" chant that it seemed weird. The fans really wanted to chant specifically for the Shield, but they had to get to their nickname to find the chant. They were over.

Marvel

could never
Hey dudes, in case you missed the post last night, I'd appreciate your feedback on a new weekly column I'm doing

Reading it now, you are right about Swaggers mean mugging on SD, he is looking a lot more legit these days.

Edit: Finished. I enjoyed that. GJ

Only thing missing was AJ's return :D

Gary Hart was probably the best manager of all time. Guy is seriously in a league all by himself. Hands down, the best.

Gary Hart

Little below him

The Brain

and then there is everybody else

Man I hope Bauer is successful in getting that Gary Hart book reprinted (even if it is just an ebook) after hearing about I am dying to read it.

All those times people chanted Daniel Bryan sure meant a lot to Vince, I bet. Also, "We Want Ziggler" and "Let's go Ziggler".

WWE is going to pick who they like and find reasons to like them. It's that simple.

True, there's a reason I left out the second half of the quote...

Joey Mercury said:
I'm of the school of thought, that I share with John Cena and he'll tell you himself he doesn't care if they're saying "Let's Go Cena" or "Cena Sucks" as long as they're loud. Indifference is the killer. If they're watching the ring, looking at the ring and screaming their heads off, it's awesome.

If you say it enough times it must become true.

Carnby

I remember the first time I heard a "Hounds of Justice" chant that it seemed weird. The fans really wanted to chant specifically for the Shield, but they had to get to their nickname to find the chant. They were over.

Sierra!
Hotel!
India!
Echo!
Lima!
Delta!
The Shield!
*clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Sierra!
Hotel!
India!
Echo!
Lima!
Delta!
The Shield!
*clap clap clap-clap-clap*

True, there's a reason I left out the second half of the quote...

If you say it enough times it must become true.

Yep. The last ten years of telling us the crowd reactions don't matter, but now telling us they suddenly do when they want to push Roman Reigns?

YEAH OKAY. Can't wait for that tune to change when Reigns is getting booed out of buildings in a year or two.

Alucard

Banned
Reading it now, you are right about Swaggers mean mugging on SD, he is looking a lot more legit these days.

Edit: Finished. I enjoyed that. GJ

Only thing missing was AJ's return :D

Good, well-written column but I disagree about Ambrose. After wrestling for a long time in the shield gear, his attire comes off as a step-down to me.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Much appreciated.

I didn't include AJ because I was kind of underwhelmed by her segment and Paige's awkward promo skills.

I dig Ambrose in street clothes. It makes him look more animalistic and gives credence to Rollins claiming that Ambrose would be on the street if it weren't for him being able to guide him.

You thought Adam Rose's entourage would make it through budget cuts, friends? Let's be real. Going forward WWE is only using white ring ropes, took away Barrett's podium, and likely to make Kane ignite sparklers on the ring posts.

That would be an improvement, friend. Pyro is really fucking loud live. Plus it would contribute to the fun and playful movement.

Yep. The last ten years of telling us the crowd reactions don't matter, but now telling us they suddenly do when they want to push Roman Reigns?

YEAH OKAY. Can't wait for that tune to change when Reigns is getting booed out of buildings in a year or two.
You wish he'll get booed. He'll bury Bryan and you'll complain in the thread.

And DATS DA TRUTH.

Alucard

Banned
Man, there is a ton of wrestling on satellite TV. Recording CMLL Minis and Best of ROH series.

Also, Christopher Daniels is an excellent wrestler. Watching him wrestle Matt Sydal right now, and everything he does is done with purpose and with the right amount of exaggerated movement.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
World Shit

Everything else is infinitely more entertaining than watching racists play a sport for poors

Gorillaz

World Shit

Everything else is infinitely more entertaining than watching racists play a sport for poors

It is interesting to watch but when you hear the backstory on some of these countries. It's sad, breh.

Especially some of these ones in Brazil. They already know no matter how the WC goes down, none of the winnings the country gets, will go back to the people in anyway.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It is interesting to watch but when you hear the backstory on some of these countries. It's sad, breh.

Especially some of these ones in Brazil. They already know no matter how the WC goes down, none of the winnings the country gets, will go back to the people in anyway.

It's a goddamn tragedy, this year's WC especially, the amount of problems it brings. I couldn't watch it with a clear conscience even if I enjoyed the sport.

I started playing Mass Effect 1 again. I gotta say, FemShep really is a billion times better than MaleShep it isn't even funny. Too bad her default model isn't as detailed, but I'll live.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I started playing Mass Effect 1 again. I gotta say, FemShep really is a billion times better than MaleShep it isn't even funny. Too bad her default model isn't as detailed, but I'll live.

That is correct, and it only continues the trend as you go.

To be fair to Male Shep though he's not bad. FemShep is just so much better.

Browny

Banned
I feel that my skipping of ME1 was unfortunate, but not backbreaking. I'm not sure I can go back and play it after having completed 2 and 3 multiple times - purely from a gameplay point of view.

ME 1 was the only good ME

2 was ok and 3 I never even finished.

I hated that they took out most or all of the RPG elements and made it a shooter.

The only issue I had with ME 1 was some of the glitches and the controls left a lot to be desired.

Gorillaz

I got the Mass trilogy during the holidays....got damn the gameplay is ancient as hell. I liked the exploration and story but holy hell the mechanics were the definition of early 7th/late 6th gen.

Also I found out the hard way that it didn't have auto save

I got the Mass trilogy during the holidays....got damn the gameplay is ancient as hell. I liked the exploration and story but holy hell the mechanics were the definition of early 7th/late 6th gen.

Also I found out the hard way that it didn't have auto save

It does have auto-save
Once every two hours or so :lol

But yeah, gameplay is archaic as hell. I prefer Alpha Protocol in almost every way, but I still like ME1 though.

Top Bottom