• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Can you say concussion:

i0Q4EntPqFcAE.gif

Cause after that he looked like he didn't know where the hell he was. He didn't sell and Kushida had to let go of that small package because he wasn't going to kick out of that.

Ibushi got knocked the FUCK out. Props to both men, especially KUSHIDA for having to carry that match for like 5 min.

I really dislike the spot where the heel stops the face from making the tag, then turns and hits the face's tag partner on the apron. If only because I don't think I've seen anyone other than Bill Watts and Minoru Suzuki avoid it. Watts blocks it and punches the dude in the face, Suzuki just jumps off the apron or grabs the dude's arm in a Fujiwara armbar over the ropes.

Also, the hot tag thing where the firey face comes in and hits three of the same moves (usually clotheslines) in a row. Looks dumb. Happens in every Divas match ever. Yes, I'm watching NXT.

Marvel

could never
Hot tag spot is ok with me IF it's not used every week, and a more varied offence is shown.

It's to counter 5 mins+ of heels domination, evens it up.

Sblargh

Banned
I really dislike the spot where the heel stops the face from making the tag, then turns and hits the face's tag partner on the apron. If only because I don't think I've seen anyone other than Bill Watts and Minoru Suzuki avoid it. Watts blocks it and punches the dude in the face, Suzuki just jumps off the apron or grabs the dude's arm in a Fujiwara armbar over the ropes.

Also, the hot tag thing where the firey face comes in and hits three of the same moves (usually clotheslines) in a row. Looks dumb. Happens in every Divas match ever. Yes, I'm watching NXT.

I'll agree with those and add the "I'm in the desert without water" thing where they are so injuried and destroyed they can't move just a little bit to make a tag.

Marvel

could never
God Rock really was electrifying with the hot tag back in the day. dancing on the apron waiting, then exploding in with those awesome punches of his.

Fans went nuts, as did I.

kiguel182

God Rock really was electrifying with the hot tag back in the day. dancing on the apron waiting, then exploding in with those awesome punches of his.

Fans went nuts, as did I.

Fans love a good hot tag. Nothing wrong with it.

Ending tag team matches after they climax is the real dumb thing here.

The man explodes into the ring in those situations, he earned that nickname of the most electrifying man in sports entertainment for a reason, the crowd eating it up elevates it further.
Part of the reason why comeback Rock was so underwhelming to me was because he lacked that same sense of energy in the few matches he had, yeah being gassed will do that.

Bootaaay exposing his lack of ring psychology knowledge.

I fully understand the purpose of the heel taking a cheap shot or the face making a hot tag, I'm just advocating for a bit of variety.

Why, when the heel takes a cheap shot at the wrestler on the apron, should it work every single time?

Aiii

So not worth it

She didn't dance to the ring because they did Bayley's entrance, this is what she did in the ring:
armflailingfj4ji5.gif

WHAT ARE YOUR ARMS DOING AND WHY ARE THEY DOING IT?

And this gif is literally all the offense she did in the ring too

Becky Lynch is awful.

Aiii

So not worth it
Yeah, I'm waiting for her to turn on Bayley so the two can feud. She was always such a fun heel in Shimmer, back in the day.

They better fix her soon, because right now she has wrestled twice and both times she annoyed the ever living fuck out of me.

Goddamn, PROGRESS are having a show right now at Sonnisphere metal festival, the first of three nights - looks like there's a thousand or so people packed around the ring. I can see this going very well for them, so wish I could be there.

Top Bottom