• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Sblargh

Banned
That's why you don't turn him heel in a "wears black and cheats" way, you turn him heel in a NXT Bo Dallas way. That's pretty much the template for a Cena heel run, and it got Bo incredible heat.

He's already there.

Edit: Getting angry because of any hobby is silly. Those are the things that are supposed to be fun and not taxing. Otoh; getting angry at hobbies is a reasonable escapist attitude since getting angry at problems hardly ever make them go away, might as well get angry at something that isn't really that important.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I really like CJ Parker. Used to hate him, but I think he's got talent.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What talent? Not asking snarkly; curious to know what you like about him.

I like him on the mic and I enjoy his gimmick and I don't hate his matches. That's all it really takes.

Marvel

could never
Enzo lights up the arena, that guy guy gets me fired up just listening to him talk on the mic. Such is his energy when he spits.

Certified G, and you can't teach that.

Figure Four Weekly said:
Adam Rose's match with Damien Sandow at Money in the Bank was considered his "PPV chance," and the crowd not getting into it has, as you'd expect, made things worse for him with Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn.
Whelp.

Gorillaz

For the first time since I was like 8, I had a dream about WWE, like I had a dream about jobbing to DB and taking a running knee. I was a hometown jobber. I even had to ask the ref where he was coming from because apparently he was doing a shield like walk in. I wasn't even thinking about this shit last night, I was watching Beverly hills cop 2 before drifting off

might be a sign I need a break from the product, friends.

At a certain point you gotta wonder just how "smart" these "smart fans" are when you consider just how mad and heated they get about two grown men slapping each other in the ring while in their underwear for a children's television show.

First copying bean's gimmick, now stro's?

Get that Charlie Haas shit outta here.

At a certain point you gotta wonder just how "smart" these "smart fans" are when you consider just how mad and heated they get about two grown men slapping each other in the ring while in their underwear for a children's television show.

yep, the notion of "smarks" is hilarious, since it implies grown men watching this shit are smart. it's not even for children, it's for redneck children.

It seems like it's getting to be do or die time with these new gimmicks. They're not happy with Bo either, and that's why they sent him out with beloved Daniel Bryan. That didn't work. Then they had him beat up El Torito. He got cheered.

Heel

You thought Adam Rose's entourage would make it through budget cuts, friends? Let's be real. Going forward WWE is only using white ring ropes, took away Barrett's podium, and likely to make Kane ignite sparklers on the ring posts.

Marvel

could never
Why would they not love Bo? it's working really well week by week. I don't get it.

He's not even awful in the ring either.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Awesome
tumblr_n88u3biK861sj4xr4o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n88u3biK861sj4xr4o2_1280.jpg

Marvel

could never
"They're larfing at you Bo! they're larrrfing!" "TaTaaaa!" amazing. Let him snap on TV, beat up his whole entourage gain a little weight again and return as Kruger. Hell have him align himself with the Wyatts for a little while before going at it with Bray I dunno.

That shit was gold back on NXT.

Just talking out loud but I do love Kruger.

Carnby

Someone needs to gif a clip on "Truimph and Tragedy of WCCW" documentary, which can be found on the Network.

At the 1:29:38 mark, there is a close up of a bicep doing curls, while a old school WWF logo/tattoo glows. Please give it.

Gorillaz

What an honor for D-Bry to grace your dreams, and for you to job to him no less. In your own dream. Cross over appeal indeed.
When I woke up I couldn't believe how big of an L I took in my own dream

I just assume now that DB is the devil and it was punishment for something in life. Shit talking people or something.

I appreciate the fact that people work their whole lives for a chance at a wrestling career in the big leagues, and in the US their two main choices are working for a company that's months away from potentially no longer having a TV home, or working for a company where your long-term future rests in the hands of an insane person and an insane insecure person who fucks over and backstabs literally everybody who poses a threat.

The career of professional wrestling is the biggest deathtrap

Watching an episode of New Japan TV filmed in Hawaii - lots of footage of Inoki, Fujinami, The Cobra, young Liger, etc, chilling at the beach, sailing, working out and entertaining the locals. The quality of matches isn't that great though - Seiji Sakaguchi gets lumbered with some bad Hawaiian wrestlers in the opener, The Cobra wrestles some fat dude named Richie Magnet and Inoki takes on Hacksaw Higgins :|

If you condense Nash's entire career into shoot clips and 2 sweet... it looks decent.

I have a legit question: Other than monopolizing pro-wrestling with the WWE and creating Undertaker, what has Vince done that makes him a genius?

Someone needs to gif a clip on "Truimph and Tragedy of WCCW" documentary, which can be found on the Network.

At the 1:29:38 mark, there is a close up of a bicep doing curls, while a old school WWF logo/tattoo glows. Please give it.

Here you go. I did it so it loops, cutting out the part at the end where the camera zooms in and the striation light washes out the screen.

6Is2w4h.gif

Alucard

Banned
If you condense Nash's entire career into shoot clips and 2 sweet... it looks decent.

I have a legit question: Other than monopolizing pro-wrestling with the WWE and creating Undertaker, what has Vince done that makes him a genius?

He created Wrestlemania and brought in major celebs to legitimize pro wrestling in the eyes of the common folk. He used Mike Tyson to get eyes on the WWE and off WCW.

Carnby

Here you go. I did it so it loops, cutting out the part at the end where the camera zooms in and the striation light washes out the screen.

6Is2w4h.gif

You. Are. Awesome.

Thank you

He created Wrestlemania and brought in major celebs to legitimize pro wrestling in the eyes of the common folk. He used Mike Tyson to get eyes on the WWE and off WCW.

And innovating PPV.

I knew a guy who worked at a cable company during WWF golden era. He described lines out the door, full of people who were renting cable boxes to watch any the big four WWF PPV events.

Marvel

could never
Nash on wrestling taking it's toll. Sheesh, you forget about his height sometimes when he bumped. I know I did.

Wrestling taking its toll:
"Mick Foley was probably one of the biggest abusers of not taking care of his body. Raising the bar, falling 50 feet through tables and doing all these things, but when you’re 35-years-old, your body has some resiliency to it. When you get to be 45, 50, it takes you two hours to get out of bed. We call it the bump card. Your body only has so many bumps in it. I was never a high-flier. I was 340 pounds. I was falling seven feet. You knock me off my feet. I’m seven feet tall. That’s my drop, seven feet with 340 pounds of weight going down. That’s equivalent of getting rear ended at 30 miles an hour in a car. You do that 12 times a night, 300 days a year, 10 years in a row. [Recently] I got up. Gees, it took me an hour to get out of bed. Just to pick your head up off the pillow, it’s miserable. It’s a slow process to get moving everyday."

“I was traveling so I didn’t get a chance to see [WWE] Money in the Bank, but I was reading the feed on Twitter. Guys getting busted open. Guys doing crazy things. You read some of the comments about it saying fearless,’ and that’s all great, and that’s part of what makes WWE what it is...You have guys go out there and give their bodies and give their souls for the good of the company and for the fanbase... Rey Mysterio was a high-flier all those years, and I think now he’s two or three knee surgeries behind me. I think he’s had about nine knee surgeries. He’s a guy about half my size, and we’re sitting at WrestleMania [30] talking, and when we both get up, it’s like two 70-year-old women getting up. His style was incredible, but at the same time he’s paid dearly for it."

The story is that HBK and HHH pushed him to do it.

Damn yeah I forgot about that. Well I guess he still pressed the button in the end and built on it.

Gorillaz

I would say just the fact that he put WWE into mainstream audiences, and having it contend with other sports in terms of ratings and PPV is enough. Vince knew how to sell a product. As a promoter, that's pretty good, as in ideas and gimmicks? I think Taker was pretty much it

Top Bottom