• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

I think I hate XPW, it makes me ashamed to like wrestling. Everything about it is terrible. The hardcore elements are trashy, the commentators are terrible, there's a 'Bucknaked' match... after which there's then a 2 minute advert of some woman naked for some reason. Then New Jack.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does Sunflower follow any sport other than This Business? I know that he hates hockey and soccer. I'm pretty sure I've never seen him in the baseball thread. He's never mentioned pro or college football here. Basketball is the only pro team his joke of a state has so maybe he likes that?

American Football is dope.

Has anyone else on GAF Mobile noticed how the 'hit detection' on the top menu button seems off and even though you tap right on it, the banner ad just underneath gets triggered?

I can't tell you how many times that stupid Mickey's Hat whatever ad has inadvertently been activated. I don't know who to blame here, I'd like to believe that Evilore isn't as carnie as the WWE is with their Network and that it's only certain ads.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I have this issue too. Sucks.

Aiii

So not worth it
ife3UtFetj6N5.gif

Tim Krul, legend!

MC Safety

Can someone here explain to me the point of that John Cena thread? What is any wrestler supposed to contribute to wrestling?

I asked in the thread itself and got some wrestling fan's analysis of Cena's popularity.

Can someone here explain to me the point of that John Cena thread? What is any wrestler supposed to contribute to wrestling?

I asked in the thread itself and got some wrestling fan's analysis of Cena's popularity.

I think it's the weird attitude that persists on the internet that in order to "contribute" something to wrestling history you have to be a giant draw on the level of Rock, Austin, and Hogan which is why you see guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Cena etc get marginalized. All of those dudes sold tickets, they just weren't once in a lifetime draws like the other three.

I've even heard Ric Flair...Ric Flair! Get marginalized the same way.

Presumably, WWF has always had a torch bearer that has helped to elevate our business. Hogan, Hart, Austin, Helmsley, Rock. Each one has surpassed the one who came before and some feel, incorrectly, that Cena has done nothing or not enough.

It's weird to me too. If you don't like the guy, fine, that's understandable. But don't dress up your dislike in a way that sounds professional.

WWE officials have been considering a big spot for the 2015 Royal Rumble match with Reigns, Rollins and Ambrose as well. The idea is that the final three Superstars in the match could be them, leading to Reigns winning and going on to challenge for the WWE World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania 31.

Sounds bullet proof.

Gorillaz

I love the kids face. Especially when steph is behind him

"yea, I bagged your girl, Trips...eat a dick....let me get this cup signed first tho"

That was the video that got me curious

Gameplay is decent, I'd say, but it's really the role-playing aspects and conversation system that make it stand out. It's not Mass Effect, where the changes are superficial at best. The shit you say and do actually has consequences, and that's why I've played through so many times, whereas I've played through the Mass Effect games maybe twice each, certainly not more than that.

Top Bottom