• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Sblargh

Banned
This is what I mean when I say "luck". That said, Dinklage's quote (if it is his quote--this is the Internet) is idiotic. "I'm not lucky, I'm fortunate." He's splitting hairs and it does nothing but make him sound defensive.

He is using luck as the opposite of merit. What he is actually saying is that when people point out that good things out of his control happened to him, it offends him, because he sees himself as someone who earned his spot. Which are just two extremes and incomplete explanations.

zychi

Banned
I agree, and will chalk up Dinklage, Punk, and zychi's repudiation of luck as a result of them being egomaniacs.

only kidding zychi <3

When I think of "luck" i think of "the luck of the irish"

a sarcastic way to say shit luck. bad things happened to the irish(potato famine, easter rising)

it wasn't luck. it was just shit planning and could have been avoided if they weren't so arrogant and so potato reliant.

to get back to wrestling. DBrine didn't have bad luck with his neck surgery, WWE overworked him since Summerslam, and guess what, he got hurt. He got his moment, but it wasn't bad "luck" he got hurt.

From a philosophical anarchist view luck just does not exist. It is just a way to simplify life. We say we are lucky or someone is lucky because we just do not want to think all the factors that affected that occurrence, or sometimes we just cannot know them. Fortune is simple, one can be fortunate to have no problems with money because he was born in a wealthy family. Fortune is easy to identify. It is some quality, factor that makes our life easier, better, happier, etc.

Sblargh

Banned
On an unrelated note, I went youtubbing It's Always Sunny because I wanted to find a good clip to show to someone to introduce them to the show. And I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZuOKUrwoys

And it's so perfect. It's 7 minutes of the best twisted fucked up humor there is. But then, of course, the comments...

The skit is basically Dennis explaining how to behave like a sociopath in order to break a girl's spirit into submission so he can have a one night stand with her and comments are full of people agreeing with the character that is supposed to be a monster.

Gorillaz

On an unrelated note, I went youtubbing It's Always Sunny because I wanted to find a good clip to show to someone to introduce them to the show. And I found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZuOKUrwoys

And it's so perfect. It's 7 minutes of the best twisted fucked up humor there is. But then, of course, the comments...

The skit is basically Dennis explaining how to behave like a sociopath in order to break a girl's spirit into submission so he can have a one night stand with her and comments are full of people agreeing with the character that is supposed to be a monster.

Show them Lethal Weapon 5 too

edit: fun fact, the chick that he uses the Dennis System on is his wife irl I believe

Kornflayx

Somewhere in one of the old threads there was a post on how to resize gifs with Gif Cam. Anyone still have that? I have a gif that I need to share

Eesh, they had to stop last night's PROGRESS show at Sonisphere during the 3rd match, as Darrell Allen took a hard bump on the back of his neck from a botched crossbody. He was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a bad concussion, but thankfully it wasn't worse for him. Hopefully the final show tonight goes off without a hitch.

Somewhere in one of the old threads there was a post on how to resize gifs with Gif Cam. Anyone still have that? I have a gif that I need to share

It's real easy in GIF cam, just open up the gif, click the drop down next to record and go to edit, right click the image that pops up and click resize, grab the percentage in the top left corner of the new window and drag until it's at the size you want, close the window, close the edit window, save gif.

Kornflayx

It's real easy in GIF cam, just open up the gif, click the drop down next to record and go to edit, right click the image that pops up and click resize, grab the percentage in the top left corner of the new window and drag until it's at the size you want, close the window, close the edit window, save gif.

Thanks, I'll try that the next time. But for now, I was just watching Kobashi vs. Saito from NOAH in 2004 an the apron suplex from Saito to Kobashi is just mesmerizingly brutal. I can't believe Kobashi continued after that:

ijOz3m9jWzT4l.gif

Kornflayx

I'm not sure what he's trying to do there.

I think he just wanted to do a vertical suplex from the apron to the floor but lost his balance and just drops Kobashi spine first on the apron. I literally screamed like a girl (or like Kobashi when he hides his screaming under the ring)

Goddamn, that was fucking brutal - lucky Kobashi wasn't seriously hurt.

In W-1 news, they had a really poor showing at Sumo Hall with only 4,800 claimed, although it was likely even less in reality. Killer Bee Muta, though;

DkiZVF1.jpg

Kornflayx

Goddamn, that was fucking brutal - lucky Kobashi wasn't seriously hurt.

In W-1 news, they had a really poor showing at Sumo Hall with only 4,800 claimed, although it was likely even less in reality. Killer Bee Muta, though;

DkiZVF1.jpg

Well, there wasn't really a draw on that card. Muta is broken down, Sanada is nowhere near being a draw and the other matches are also not that noteworthy

I'm not sure what he's trying to do there.

I think it was supposed to be a brainbuster on the apron, Saito jumped too far out. Looks like it anyway with the way he had Kobashi positioned and the way Kobashi spread out his shoulders. For sure the most brutal apron bump ever.

Well, there wasn't really a draw on that card. Muta is broken down, Sanada is nowhere near being a draw and the other matches are also not that noteworthy

No one was expecting it to sell out, but that's a pretty bad gate nonetheless - remarkably, they're running Sumo Hall again in November, hoping that the proposition of Muta's 30th anniversary will draw in the fans.

Alucard

Banned
Soooo...with Wrestle-1 struggling to fill arenas, how will Bound for Glory do in Tokyo? better than usual because of the foreign talent?

Bound for Glory's at Korakuen Hall, so 2,000 seats shouldn't be too much of a problem for TNA - I'd imagine they'll get a few fans in just for the novelty of it. The W-1 guys won't be much help, though (their last Korakuen show drew 750 fans). The fans might come out for the Hardy's, maybe, if they get them in a good tag match against some Japanese talent. There's a fair few Japanese fans on twitter who are already sick of the TNA involvement on W-1 shows, which doesn't bode well.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Luckily BFG is going to be held in Korakuen Hall,which only holds about 2000 people, so the bar isn't that high. However, If they don't come close to that, then it's going to look pretty bad.

Joeki11a

Banned
I hope Rollins doesnt get Sandowed...
If anything he will get a cash in like ziggler

he will keep carrying that way beyond WM
if is CENA vs LESNAR( champ)at WM, CENA will

Let Rollins cash it on him on RAW after WM.

Joeki11a

Banned
Thanks, I'll try that the next time. But for now, I was just watching Kobashi vs. Saito from NOAH in 2004 an the apron suplex from Saito to Kobashi is just mesmerizingly brutal. I can't believe Kobashi continued after that:

ijOz3m9jWzT4l.gif

They practiced that for weeks, that wasnt on the fly spot, you act like Puro is real lol

look closely the top of his ass took the hit not his back neck none of that.

I refuse to believe they practised, or even intended such a dangerous spot - even if Kobashi hit it ass first, an inch of difference could've left him crippled if he'd hit it with the small of his back. Also, to my knowledge Saito never did a spot like that before or since, but has often used a brainbuster (vertical suplex) on the apron, which is likely what he intended in the first place.

Anywho, lets watch some classic British wrestling;

World of Sport - #03 - featuring Marty Jones

World of Sport Wrestling #03 - featuring Marty Jones

1. Marty Jones (c) vs Terry Rudge - British Light Heavyweight Title - Solihull, 1976.12.04 - 00:45
2. Marty Jones vs Tom Tyrone - Dorking, 1986.04.19 - 37:20

Two good matches here, especially the 35 minute first match with the young British Lightheavyweight Champion defending against Terry Rudge. The second match is OK, coming from when Marty had transitioned to the heavyweight division.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '92 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+

Hart/Perfect was worth the $9.99 this month. Tremendous match.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Yo Edge, what did you think of the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal? I thought it was aight, at best, I hate the CG and a lot of the art and animation felt lazy, I miss animation from old anime :(. Gotta stick it out to see Sailor Jupiter though!

Fave Five Sailor Scouts
5. Sailor Saturn (dat silence glaive)
4. Sailor Pluto
3. Sailor Galaxia
2. Sailor Mars
1. Sailor Jupiter

tumblr_lborsrC8Co1qd4ytdo1_400.gif

Kornflayx

They practiced that for weeks, that wasnt on the fly spot, you act like Puro is real lol

look closely the top of his ass took the hit not his back neck none of that.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not. I don't think for a second that Kobashi would take a bump that, if it goes wrong, could potentially cripple him.

I refuse to believe they practised, or even intended such a dangerous spot - even if Kobashi hit it ass first, an inch of difference could've left him crippled if he'd hit it with the small of his back. Also, to my knowledge Saito never did a spot like that before or since, but has often used a brainbuster (vertical suplex) on the apron, which is likely what he intended in the first place.

The impact on his back would have been minimal. The center of his gravity isn't directly above the point of impact, but outside it, above the floor. Hitting the apron like that, actually slightly breaks his fall to the mat outside. It's a deflecting blow.

Kornflayx

The impact on his back would have been minimal. The center of his gravity isn't directly above the point of impact, but outside it, above the floor. Hitting the apron like that, actually slightly breaks his fall to the mat outside. It's a deflecting blow.

Please watch that match. Kobashi buries his head under the ring and screams in pain. He flops around with his legs because he's in so much pain.
That was the most brutal apron bump I have ever seen.

Yo Edge, what did you think of the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal? I thought it was aight, at best, I hate the CG and a lot of the art and animation felt lazy, I miss animation from old anime :(. Gotta stick it out to see Sailor Jupiter though!

Fave Five Sailor Scouts
5. Sailor Saturn (dat silence glaive)
4. Sailor Pluto
3. Sailor Galaxia
2. Sailor Mars
1. Sailor Jupiter

tumblr_lborsrC8Co1qd4ytdo1_400.gif

do you own a Vita, Spider? if so, would you consider buying Criminal Moon Sailors 2?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
do you own a Vita, Spider? if so, would you consider buying Criminal Moon Sailors 2?

C'mon homie. Liking anime and liking pedophile games are not the same. I put in work in that Criminal Punish thread.

Not all anime fans are weirdo perverts, but all weirdo perverts are anime fans.

I don't own a Vita

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
C'mon homie. Liking anime and liking pedophile games are not the same. I put in work in that Criminal Punish thread.

Not all anime fans are weirdo perverts, but all weirdo perverts are anime fans.

iwbYGjpRrXORm.gif

(that's an approval)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All I know is that there is one cat in this thread who owns a Vita and likes to go into Criminal Girls threads.

Top Bottom