• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Living in the hall of fame

AND THE WORLD'S GONNA KNOW YOUR NAMEEEEEEEE

Cruel.

They changed the theme anyway starting this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkB-sbSduUs (Another CFO masterpiece)

New Paige:

hqdefault.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddammit, what am I gonna do about the G1...

I hope Bryan comes back #evenbetter.

I really really do.

Total Divas is gonna be awesome though. Possible Michael Hayes sightings AND Bryan's rehab? Sign me up.

He'll probably job to Lesnar in his return on Night of Champions and that'll be the end of it barring some awful revolt again.

There is some killer potential for Bryan when he returns: Lesnar, Cena, Rollins, Cesaro, and Ambrose if he turns heel at some point.

More than likely it'll be: Orton, Sheamus, and Kane.

Luck, coincidence, screw all that crap.

There's only 3 words you should believe in, and I think you know which ones.

All

Red

Everything

Thuggin' and Stuff

cena
wins
lol

Yes
Yes
Yes

Intelligence
Intensity
Integrity

The
Demon
Kane

Whole

F'N

Show

No new friends.

angry-john-cena.gif

I don't like men ufc matches either. I'm not into real violence. I like the idea of women matches even less.

Well if you're not into UFC at all (I'm not either) then that's fine, but it is weird to me to be even less into it for women specifically.

Because women punching themselves in the mouth has not the same effect as watching men doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ps_ztkBiY

Look at all the thumbs down because their princess was powerbombed like Spike Dudley.

The biggest problem with the Attitude Era and crossgender stuff is that women rarely ever got to hit back. That's all that bothers me about that. And if they did it was mostly low blows, or the rare actual crossgender match like Chyna Vs Jericho.

Like, crossgender stuff I'm enthusiastic for as long as it's an actual match and women aren't portrayed as lucky at even getting one hit in. Have it equal. Obviously AJ Lee powerbombing the big show through a table is probably not going to happen, but Kharma beating the hell out of and powerbombing, I don't know, The Usos? Sure. That works. (And obviously if they can have Rey Mysterio go toe to toe with big guys, it wouldn't be more ridiculous for anyone else.)

Cagey

Banned
Well if you're not into UFC at all (I'm not either) then that's fine, but it is weird to me to be even less into it for women specifically.

The biggest problem with the Attitude Era and crossgender stuff is that women rarely ever got to hit back. That's all that bothers me about that. And if they did it was mostly low blows, or the rare actual crossgender match like Chyna Vs Jericho.

Like, crossgender stuff I'm enthusiastic for as long as it's an actual match and women aren't portrayed as lucky at even getting one hit in. Have it equal. Obviously AJ Lee powerbombing the big show through a table is probably not going to happen, but Kharma beating the hell out of and powerbombing, I don't know, The Usos? Sure. That works. (And obviously if they can have Rey Mysterio go toe to toe with big guys, it wouldn't be more ridiculous for anyone else.)
It's hard to take a punch from a random diva to a random wrestler and it doing any damage seriously. A diva nailing a guy in the junk, yes.

AJ powerbombing Big Show is absurd, but so is an AJ punch to Seth Rollins doing anything but make him laugh.

Aiii

So not worth it

Seriously, it is fake anyways so who cares? AJ can put the Black Widow on a guy The size of Kofi or Miz and have it be a somewhat believable tap-out. Why not?

Sure the women can't overpower the guys, but there is plenty of high flying or submission stuff that could work.

It's hard to take a punch from a random diva to a random wrestler and it doing any damage seriously. A diva nailing a guy in the junk, yes.

AJ powerbombing Big Show is absurd, but so is an AJ punch to Seth Rollins doing anything but make him laugh.

So all women are as fragile as AJ in your mind? Typical mindset you'd expect from a Roman "baby girl" Reigns fan.

Bryan is pretty clearly either their #1 or #2 face now. They aren't depushing shit, especially since he'll probably be the top Smackdown guy. They only took the title off of him by force (and only because he potentially needed a longer recovery time) so expect that run to happen again.
BronsonLee, is "depush" doublespeak for "bury"?

Carnby

If two black belt woman had a karate match, that wouldn't bother me at all. I'd say there's no difference between that and a men's karate bout. In fact, I respect martial artists a lot.

So maybe my gripe is really more with the UFC sport.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Bryan is pretty clearly either their #1 or #2 face now. They aren't depushing shit, especially since he'll probably be the top Smackdown guy. They only took the title off of him by force (and only because he potentially needed a longer recovery time) so expect that run to happen again.
Is being top Smackdown guy really a thing worthy of note tho.

If two black belt woman had a karate match, that wouldn't bother me at all. I'd say there's no difference between that and a men's karate bout. In fact, I respect martial artists a lot.

So maybe my gripe is really more with the UFC sport.
What's the difference between UFC and martial arts? What's the difference between men and women here?

Gosh. What about KHARMA? She'd knock him the fuck out. I used AJ mostly an an example of a Rey Mysterio type who could use high flying moves to get most of her offense in rather than straight up strikes..but there are women who could use that style and have it be effective.

Ithil

AJ is 5'2 and tiny. Not the best example.

Carnby

I don't understand at all. UFC isn't commentators.

Martial arts isn't about beating an opponent unconscious. There's honor, discipline, and tradition. UFC has as much honor and discipline as roman gladiators or beer commercials.

Edit: I realized my gripe isn't with gender, it's with UFC. I realized this when I thought about karate. Specificly a woman who I personaly know, who is a double black belt. I have much respect for her.

Martial arts isn't about beating an opponent unconscious. There's honor, discipline, and tradition. UFC has as much honor and discipline as roman gladiators or beer commercials.

modern PR talk. martial arts were designed to neutralize an opponent using your bare hands. there's nothing else to it.

Top Bottom