• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Vylash

Serious question: do you feel that Bray Wyatt is a bigger deal after his feud with Cena, is he as legit as before, or has he been hurt by the feud?

bkCjbFy.gif

You tell me, friend

Carnby

I have the same feelings about why you put karate and women on a pedestal. You're not explaining, so all I can assume is you're buying into karate's talk, and you have weird feelings about women.

Did you see the edit of my previous post? I thought that explained why I respect Karate, and see no difference between men and woman competing. Discussing this with you guys made me realize my gripe isn't with women in UFC, it's with UFC.

you have weird feelings about women.

If I wanted over bearing self righteous accusations, I'd go to OT.

there are posts from around Wyatt's debut where i was not sold on him and i'm still not.

it's a mid 90s jobber gimmick that works cause Bray has some degree of charisma. otherwise it would've been Adam Rosed ages ago.

Sokantish

I'm trying to catch back up on NXT and Enzo is back! I think I'm an episode or two behind still. Hopefully he's in a match on the next episode. His music is great

there are posts from around Wyatt's debut where i was not sold on him and i'm still not.

it's a mid 90s jobber gimmick that works cause Bray has some degree of charisma. otherwise it would've been Adam Rosed ages ago.
He's The Undertaker + Paul Bearer for Professor Beef's generation.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm trying to catch back up on NXT and Enzo is back! I think I'm an episode or two behind still. Hopefully he's in a match on the next episode. His music is great
Bleh

His and Breeze's current themes try too hard to sell you on their gimmick, rather than complimenting like their prior ones.

Carnby

I'd say that's a good thing. Some of the best guys started by going a great job of selling their unrealistic gimmicks. Eventually they slowly moved away from the bad gimmick and get over as themselves. Like Mankind, Undertaker, and Goldust.

Goddamn;

cLkKIP0.jpg

Deej vs Jimmy the Cunt, should be a belter. Gotta love Nigel giving Jimmy the whole "you're better than hardcore" speech and a few months later he's bringing barbed wire matches back to the UK.

DMczaf

I finally understand the method to Cena's madness.

He buries you til your character is near death. If you are somehow over after Cena's assault on your character and career, then we know you are legit and worthy of being in the WWE. Wyatt passed his test.

Cena does this for us, to know who is for real and who is a pretender. Thank you Cena.

Gorillaz

He buries you til your character is near death. If you are somehow over after Cena's assault on your character and career, then we know you are legit and worthy of being in the WWE. Wyatt passed his test.

Cena does this for us, to know who is for real and who is a pretender. Thank you Cena.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this was the test they came up with to judge careers

yeah i came back to wwe at the rumble and hence i thought orton was mega boring cos of cena/batista intoxification but he's won me over watching this year despite boring booking and being torn down. he's just an entertaining wrestler. he's got a natural cocky snarl to him that makes his promos, while badly written and a little forced, have a certain appeal as well.

It's great to see stuff like this, it's a shame it rarely happens. Do WWE not like it? Owen Hart used to do similar crowd taunts too, it was great.

yeah i don't get it. what's not to like about this kind of taunting? it's in kayfabe, more or less, and it isn't beyond pg or even particularly violent. it's just cool dickishness.

i guess antagonising the audience might be a little dangerous in a non-arena, non-heavily guarded environment but this is just cool heat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn;

cLkKIP0.jpg

Deej vs Jimmy the Cunt, should be a belter. Gotta love Nigel giving Jimmy the whole "you're better than hardcore" speech and a few months later he's bringing barbed wire matches back to the UK.

Oh shit, you'd better be there for this. I wonder how much Jimmy can take? Hyde's done his time.

Oh shit, you'd better be there for this. I wonder how much Jimmy can take? Hyde's done his time.

I've seen a bit of the stuff Jimmy does in ICW (plus that one hardcore match in PROGRESS) and he seems well versed in barbed wire and light tubes. Deej is a menace, however. Can't wait to see him lariatooo Jimmy to death. Won't be able to make it live though, planning a trip abroad in October so money's tight.

Carnby

HHH followed Somoa Joe on Twitter.

Triple H, who does not follow TNA Wrestling employees on Twitter, briefly followed Samoa Joe on the social media platform late Saturday night, with Joe adding the WWE executive at approximately the same time as well.

When you follow a person on Twitter, you can also keep tabs on that individual's follow and favorite activity. So late last night, some fans noticed the WWE executive and TNA star following each other (which would allow users to private message each other).

Read more at http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-tna-wrestler-on-twitter/#XoWuk2pLp5SwvmFl.99

zychi

Banned
We've officially come full circle this year in July.

Borton is now being admired for how "underrated" he is.

lol

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '92 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+

Paul Roma. -_-

Its weird that the non-model diva's who are supposed to be more like "wrestlers" are more attractive than the model ones.

Also guys I've been suspended from the WWE network somebody tried to make fraudulent charges with my card and i had to freeze my card the day the network usually charges me. There's your out guys!

So he's Bane, Vince loves the Batman movies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Always find it funny when people defend the Piper blackface. I guess they don't look up the fact that both Bad News and Mr. T have called him a racist multiple times. Or you know, his entire career on commentary.

Listened to the new Bullet Club podcast.

It was great but way too short.

Anderson takes the lead and Romero is alright but doesn't seem as comfortable in the podcast environment.

The highlight is Gallows. I could listen to him for hours just ramble. He is hilarious.

Top Bottom