• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Serious question: do you feel that Bray Wyatt is a bigger deal after his feud with Cena, is he as legit as before, or has he been hurt by the feud?

I don't think he's been hurt by it at all, probably because the character has resonated so well with the audience, but it definitely hasn't done him any favours other than proving he can hang with a main event guy like Cena.

Spider from Mars said:
Only people who wear non fitted jeans and aren't in touch with modern Art hate indie.

Modern art is largely terrible and pretentious and I wear baggy jeans like it's 1998 without shame, come at me bro.

BronsonLee said:
Wait, did Ustream straight up cold turkey kill iPPVs with no notice?

Seems that way, still waiting for any new info.

I feel like it says more about Cena that Bryan had one match with Bray and it was a classic, and Cena couldn't do it in three matches even with gimmicks.

AND the Bryan match had a screwy ending that disappointed the fans - it was still an easy four star match, while the matches with Cena never amounted to anything more than average.

I don't remember anyone having an issue with the finish to the Bray/Bryan match. No reason to either. Now, the first Cena/Bray match, on the other hand...

Never say never, especially not in wrestling. Maybe once they release a 'Self Destruction of CM Punk' documentary you can say "OK, he's not coming back", but even then...never say never.

What? That Sister Abagail into the barricade was dope as fuck.

The spot was, sure, but it was still a screwy ending that, ultimately, left the crowd expecting Bryan to turn up in the Rumble.

Punks contract is up this month I believe. I wonder if they are gonna keep paying him to stay at home and fuck AJ. His merch must still be great if they don't want to lose them

The spot was, sure, but it was still a screwy ending that, ultimately, left the crowd expecting Bryan to turn up in the Rumble.

The response they wanted: Wow, I hope Bryan is given time to rest up and try another day.

What they got: Wow, he got beat up bad. Surely this means he's entering the Rumble, right?

WWE: durrr send out Rey Mysterio! They won't boo Mysterio!

Punks contract is up this month I believe. I wonder if they are gonna keep paying him to stay at home and fuck AJ. His merch must still be great if they don't want to lose them

They don't sell it at arenas anymore and a lot of it is on clearance on WWEShop these days. I think they're getting ready to cut ties.

wwe2k15_EP.jpg

Hideous cover. No way I'm buying that in person, even if the game is (against all odds) actually good.

The response they wanted: Wow, I hope Bryan is given time to rest up and try another day.

What they got: Wow, he got beat up bad. Surely this means he's entering the Rumble, right?

WWE: durrr send out Rey Mysterio! They won't boo Mysterio!

Lol, poor Rey. To be fair, the way they went about it SHOULD have worked - hell, Bryan did a stretcher job for it, but I think they underestimated how much the fans wanted Bryan and only Bryan. Also, how many times has someone gone off in an ambulance, or been arrested or some shit and then turned up later on in the show?

In hindsight, they could've solved the problem with some backstage segments involving Bryan arguing with paramedics or the McMahons, before finally accepting he couldn't compete.

It at least would've prevented poor Rey getting all those boos if the fans definitively knew Bryan wouldn't be in the Rumble beforehand.

Nah, any backstage segments or the like would've just drawn attention to Bryan not being in the Rumble which would have made the fans think it was even more likely going to happen. They could show a live feed of Bryan getting on a fucking airplane and people would still think he'd hijack the plane and crash it into the arena at number 30.

Backstage segments where a babyface gives up? That sounds exactly how they would have booked Bryan.

kane-bryan-car.jpg

Nah, any backstage segments or the like would've just drawn attention to Bryan not being in the Rumble which would have made the fans think it was even more likely going to happen. They could show a live feed of Bryan getting on a fucking airplane and people would still think he'd hijack the plane and crash it into the arena at number 30.

kane-bryan-car.jpg
At least that will be forgotten when he comes back. Remember: they're pretty darn good at booking Bryan when he's chasing championships.

At least that will be forgotten when he comes back. Remember: they're pretty darn good at booking Bryan when he's chasing championships.

They're pretty good when they've got a gun to their head, but outside of the Road to WrestleMania it was terrible and Bryan doesn't have that kind of support anymore. The last segment I saw, fans chanted "CM Punk" over a mention of D-Bry.

These people deserve Roman Reigns as their champion.

They're pretty good when they've got a gun to their head, but outside of the Road to WrestleMania it was terrible and Bryan doesn't have that kind of support anymore. The last segment I saw, fans chanted "CM Punk" over a mention of D-Bry.

Eh, that's a bit on the paranoid side I think. He got a huge reaction at the Money in the Bank pre-show. I don't think they're going to fight it as much if it happens again, and I'd say the chances are more likely than not.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I want Reigns to win the title before Wrestlemania, this way when he drops the title to Brock Lesnar at WM people are even more shook than the time the streak ended.

Eh, that's a bit on the paranoid side I think. He got a huge reaction at the Money in the Bank pre-show. I don't think they're going to fight it as much if it happens again, and I'd say the chances are more likely than not.

He's got fan support but I'd be surprised if anyone cares in the same way to see him as champion again. He got his Mania moment + D-Bry as champion resulted in a watered down character and Kane feud. People aren't gonna put up a fight for that.

Bryan is pretty clearly either their #1 or #2 face now. They aren't depushing shit, especially since he'll probably be the top Smackdown guy. They only took the title off of him by force (and only because he potentially needed a longer recovery time) so expect that run to happen again.

He's got fan support but I'd be surprised if anyone cares in the same way to see him as champion again. He got his Mania moment + D-Bry as champion resulted in a watered down character and Kane feud. People aren't gonna put up a fight for that.

People also forget about shit quick. They won't forget him (especially when they bring him up every week), and they'll be ready the second they tease another title chase for him. You're not giving him enough credit.

Bryan is pretty clearly either their #1 or #2 face now. They aren't depushing shit, especially since he'll probably be the top Smackdown guy. They only took the title off of him by force, so expect that run to happen again.

but will his weak vegan body handle it? he's like Pettis, only without a pretty face to put on cereal boxes.

Spider is (naturally) right on the mark with this A Sunny Day in Glasgow album.

People also forget about shit quick. They won't forget him (especially when they bring him up every week), and they'll be ready the second they tease another title chase for him. You're not giving him enough credit.

I don't give WWE or these fucking MORONS in the WWE Universe any credit.

VmBvJpm.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"That's Roman Reigns! IF YOU THREW MY PANTIES AGAINST THE WALL RIGHT NOW

THEYD STICK!"

Top Bottom