• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

MoosiferX

I keep jumping on NJPW's G1 Climax page in hopes of seeing the little "TV & Internet PPV" button light up. Please dear god, find a new iPPV home. ; ;

"Games are so homogenized and shitty and are just made to be soulless franchises and--OH MY GOD YOU GUYS MIGHTY NO. 9 IS GETTING A CARTOON TOO NNEEERRRRRRRRR"

gamers augh.

DMczaf

¡HarlequinPanic!;119776997 said:
"Games are so homogenized and shitty and are just made to be soulless franchises and--OH MY GOD YOU GUYS MIGHTY NO. 9 IS GETTING A CARTOON TOO NNEEERRRRRRRRR"

gamers augh.

Yup. The game hypocrisy here is such a joke.

Carnby

Has anyone else seen this bullshit HBO movie series, ICEMAN?

Richard Kuklinski is full of so much shit. There were six murders pinned on him. But for soooome reason, as soon as HBO shows up he starts talking about the "hundreds" of murders he did over the course of his life. He confesses to 100s of murders where a body was never found, and for HBO believes it.

I watched all three movies, it's so obvious that Kuklinski is a liar trying to top his previous lie with each consecutive interview.

When he claimed that he feed a man to rats while video taping it, I knew he was lying. Read this, it's obviously bullshit.

On more than one occasion, he took victims to a rat-infested cave in Pennsylvania, cocooned them with duct tape, and left them there to be devoured. These murders-by-rat were supposedly videotaped, with a motion sensor triggering a light as the rats moved in to feast, and Kuklinski says he gave the tapes to his clients to prove the “marks” had suffered.

I can't get over how HBO gave this guy three movies.

This is wrestling related because Steve Austin got the idea for his "Stone Cold" gimmick from watching ICEMAN.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Omori is the only upcoming game that matters
tumblr_m3ulw1fZ071qegob8o1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_n4ebp7GzDg1qegob8o3_500.gif

omori.jpg

You cannot give your competition such an opportunity to strike. AJPW is poised to grab the brass ring left untouched by NJPW. No figure line. Little merchandising. No iPPV. B+ players.

WWA Revolution should be a fun show, but they can't decide on what camera angle to use. They keep changing all the time and when they do settle on one camera, it starts to move around, zoom and miss the action.

I do like that you can totally see the TNA in WWA before TNA was even a thing. The Roster, presentation and overall style is all there. I'm glad Borash never became a full-time booker though, the guy is terrible.

Alucard

Banned
People take games and wrestling too seriously. I get it, though. If you're going to spend time and money on a hobby, you want it to be good.

What the fuck is indie, anyways? It's become increasingly difficult to pin down the genre in the past decade or so. Fuck knows what you kids are listening to these days, but it sure as hell isn't Skynyrd, so you can all suck it.

You cannot give your competition such an opportunity to strike. AJPW is poised to grab the brass ring left untouched by NJPW. No figure line. Little merchandising. No iPPV. B+ players.

Let's take a look at the biggest gates of 2014 for All Japan & New Japan;

AJPW: 2,483
NJPW: 35,000

All Japan need to concentrate on winning 3rd place before they take on Dragon Gate & New Japan, breh.

My brother. You listen to the new Sunny Day In Glasgow album? Summer Jamzzzzzz

Indie means it's better.

I'm gonna check it out after I'm done listening to the mono mix of Pet Sounds and laughing at these corporate yuppie drones who are too scared to venture into the deep end of the ocean.

Indie means it's better.

Alucard

Banned
Serious question: do you feel that Bray Wyatt is a bigger deal after his feud with Cena, is he as legit as before, or has he been hurt by the feud?

Aiii

So not worth it
I unironically like Babymetal, not sure what that makes on the hipster/indie scale, but it's probably off the charts.

Serious question: do you feel that Bray Wyatt is a bigger deal after his feud with Cena, is he as legit as before, or has he been hurt by the feud?

I'd say.... mostly about the same. I guess a tiny bit more legit, seen as a bigger star etc. but I think the Bryan match at the Rumble accomplished that anyway.

He's been hurt. He's a comedy heel now in ways. He was a wildcard before (which he used well with the moment with Jericho), but now I feel like when I see him it's like "aw, that's cute that he's still doing this."

Gorillaz

As of right now he is just "floating" so it's hard to tell. I feel like he actually came out of this neutral, maybe more so unharmed. Dude was put into a big ass speaker by Cena that acted like a coffin and he still came out of that relevant? That's a plus

we hate indie now?

Not yet. I"m getting my jacket fitted along with these pants that feel a little too loose. They aren't cutting off the circulation down there yet.

Top Bottom