• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

Cagey

Banned
Otunga was sculpted by angels out of marble taken from quarries of the gods. And a Harvard Law degree too. And he's employed by WWE but doesn't have to do anything. He's significantly better at everything I enjoy or do. He's living my dream, breh.

Anth0ny

Jesus Fuck.

Monday Night Wars is 20 episodes long :O

The Monday Night War SNEAK PEEK – Following Monday Night Raw - Approx. 11 p.m. ET One night only, WWE Network offers a sneak peek at the new original series, Monday Night War. Coming this August, available only on WWE Network, this 20-episode original series documents the epic television ratings battle between sports entertainment icons Vince McMahon and Ted Turner. On Monday nights in the 1990s, Turner's World Championship Wrestling and McMahon's Monday Night Raw aired head-to-head in primetime, defining a power struggle that rewrote the rules of television, and forever changed the face of sports entertainment.

holy shit.

So much potential for this show. Hopefully they get all the key figures to talk about the whole thing.

One can hope it won't be a WWF circle jerk that downplays the low points of that whole era... but I think we all know that won't be very likely.

Gorillaz

I still look at him as the dude on I love New York ahahaha

at least he's doing better, is with JHud and is handling the law side of WWE shit, not bad

Fave Five Physiques in Wrasslin:

5. Superstar Billy Graham (Loved how he looked in shirts)
4. Ultimate Warrior (the insanity behind it all made it even more interesting and fun)
3. Beth Phoenix (awesome look, very strong. Loved it!)
2. Batista circa 2009-2010
1. Vince McMahon (of course)

Honorable mentions - Warlord, Animal from LoD, Wrath, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Otunga, John Cena, Paul Orndorff.

There's a lot of great physiques that simply weren't my favorites. Rick Rude, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler - all have great physiques but not ones I really truly LIKE.

This is really hard for me so I will just go with in no particular order and the 5 that stand out in my mind.

5) Macho Man Randy Savage
4) Dr. Death Steve Williams
3) Road Warrior Hawk
2) Ultimate Warrior
1) Rick Rude

No love for tana

tanahashi.jpg

I don't think I could put Ricochet in my top 5 bodies list, but his physical transformation over the years has been astounding to witness.

Cagey

Banned
Dude's Wiki says he weighs 163 pounds.

He went from a state of never lifting and barely eating to lifting and eating. That's not much of a transformation.

I'm pretty excited for the monday night wars but after watching several WWE documentaries I wish they'd just shut up about WCW altogether.

Sometimes they put over their high moments but they always kick their corpse way too much for the low points. Like, we get it. They fucked up a lot. They made some absolutely stupid decisions and awful stuff. So did you, but whenever it's a WWE fuckup it's always portrayed as endearingly bad instead of THIS IS WHY THEY SUCKED! Like even recent stuff like the HHH documentary has them show the fucking DX blackface promo twice. They are genuinely proud of that when it should be buried and if ever mentioned again it should be on a TOP 20 WWE FUCKUPS list.

I don't like DX, friends. I only liked Chyna. She was cool despite what anyone will say. HHH and Shawn and everybody there was insufferable. NWO at least had a point, they were declaring war! DX just seemed to be a bunch of obnoxious 30 year old dudes finding an excuse to be even more obnoxious.

I kind of want to live in the alternate universe where WCW magically didn't drop the ball and fuck up so much so we'd have the WCW Network documentaries about how DX was a soulless husk that was a pale imitation of what they did.

WCW Champion John Cena would shake his head in disgust at the DX blackface promo.

Otunga was sculpted by angels out of marble taken from quarries of the gods. And a Harvard Law degree too. And he's employed by WWE but doesn't have to do anything. He's significantly better at everything I enjoy or do. He's living my dream, breh.

Yeah, but does he post on GAF? ... that's probably a + too tbh.

Watching an IPW:UK show from January (the one with Zack vs Hero in the main event) and Jonny Storm's in the opening match - dude has been around for seemingly forever, I would be surprised if there's anyone of note in the UK scene who hasn't wrestled him at this point. He's still got it, although the match was mostly Marty & Scurll.

Storm.gif

jmdajr

I'm pretty excited for the monday night wars but after watching several WWE documentaries I wish they'd just shut up about WCW altogether.

Sometimes they put over their high moments but they always kick their corpse way too much for the low points. Like, we get it. They fucked up a lot. They made some absolutely stupid decisions and awful stuff. So did you, but whenever it's a WWE fuckup it's always portrayed as endearingly bad instead of THIS IS WHY THEY SUCKED! Like even recent stuff like the HHH documentary has them show the fucking DX blackface promo twice. They are genuinely proud of that when it should be buried and if ever mentioned again it should be on a TOP 20 WWE FUCKUPS list.

I don't like DX, friends. I only liked Chyna. She was cool despite what anyone will say. HHH and Shawn and everybody there was insufferable. NWO at least had a point, they were declaring war! DX just seemed to be a bunch of obnoxious 30 year old dudes finding an excuse to be even more obnoxious.

I kind of want to live in the alternate universe where WCW magically didn't drop the ball and fuck up so much so we'd have the WCW Network documentaries about how DX was a soulless husk that was a pale imitation of what they did.

WCW Champion John Cena would shake his head in disgust at the DX blackface promo.

Right On! :) <3
vinceck_zps49734aff.gif

jmdajr

I think Chyna is a bit overrated out of pity.

It worked though. Trips and HBK are some bright dudes. Glad Vince said... ok.

Watching an IPW:UK show from January (the one with Zack vs Hero in the main event) and Jonny Storm's in the opening match - dude has been around for seemingly forever, I would be surprised if there's anyone of note in the UK scene who hasn't wrestled him at this point. He's still got it, although the match was mostly Marty & Scurll.

Storm.gif

Storm and Jody Fleisch those guys were like THE guys on the UK scene during The Wrestling Channel's brief flaunt as a thing in the early 00s. Burridge too. There needs to be a legit Charv/Townie gimmick again, it was great.

Storm and Jody Fleisch those guys were like THE guys on the UK scene during The Wrestling Channel's brief flaunt as a thing in the early 00s. Burridge too. There needs to be a legit Charv/Townie gimmick again, it was great.

Scotland's got you covered;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcQTBFlIgcU

Good god, their accents are impenetrable. Also, I feel like Storm and Flesich must have wrestled a hundred freaking times - hell, they toured that match in the states and I always remember it being on TWC. Sigh, really miss that channel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My fave five female physique would be like Beth, Kaitlyn, April Hunter back in the day.

That's about it. Always thought Chyna looked like shit. Oh and Jacqueline. And Naomi. So five.

Scotland's got you covered;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcQTBFlIgcU

Good god, their accents are impenetrable. Also, I feel like Storm and Flesich must have wrestled a hundred freaking times - hell, they toured that match in the states and I always remember it being on TWC. Sigh, really miss that channel.

TWC was awesome, I wouldn't have known about TNA or CZW if it hadn't been for that channel, plus their had FWA and Irish Whiplash (which had a young Sheamus as the Irish Curse - lol those segments he did). It's a shame it never drew any advert revenue.

Top Bottom