• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin’ |OT| The Ring’s a Field, the Field of War, That’s Where We Lay the Law

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Fuck.

Monday Night Wars is 20 episodes long :O

The Monday Night War SNEAK PEEK – Following Monday Night Raw - Approx. 11 p.m. ET One night only, WWE Network offers a sneak peek at the new original series, Monday Night War. Coming this August, available only on WWE Network, this 20-episode original series documents the epic television ratings battle between sports entertainment icons Vince McMahon and Ted Turner. On Monday nights in the 1990s, Turner's World Championship Wrestling and McMahon's Monday Night Raw aired head-to-head in primetime, defining a power struggle that rewrote the rules of television, and forever changed the face of sports entertainment.

Is Goldberg even in shape still?

It be a travesty if he came back all flabby.

6086658_f260.jpg

not as big but still ripped.

RP912

Banned
Jesus Fuck.

Monday Night Wars is 20 episodes long :O

The Monday Night War SNEAK PEEK – Following Monday Night Raw - Approx. 11 p.m. ET One night only, WWE Network offers a sneak peek at the new original series, Monday Night War. Coming this August, available only on WWE Network, this 20-episode original series documents the epic television ratings battle between sports entertainment icons Vince McMahon and Ted Turner. On Monday nights in the 1990s, Turner's World Championship Wrestling and McMahon's Monday Night Raw aired head-to-head in primetime, defining a power struggle that rewrote the rules of television, and forever changed the face of sports entertainment.

I just hope after the fifth episode it don't become a attitude era circle jerk and lolz wcw hired russo. I want more details on the black saturday ordeal, the clash of champions vs wrestlemania, and so forth.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope after the fifth episode it don't become a attitude era circle jerk and lolz wcw hired russo. I want more details on the black saturday ordeal, the clash of champions vs wrestlemania, and so forth.

It sounds like if 20 episodes are being done, each can focus on a particular event that did SOMEthing. So there's hope in my heart for this. I think each ep is an hour long. Huge content bump for that, at least.

Sis was a good "pervert" test. I shot her because I'm not a pervert.

SIE on the other hand....whooooooo boy

You're no pervert, you just shoot kids!

Still better than Chikara's Pod-Per-View.

Ugggh. Kill that shit with fire

Highspots iPPVs are fine from the PWX & $5 stuff I've seen, but something tells me they aren't getting the server load that PWG on iPPV would bring.

Hrmhrm. I should order one sometime

Laserfrog

Luckily a good friend of mine ensured I could play Alpha Protocol. Let's just say, he's like family. I will take on board the advice of being a pistol stealth bastard.

Cagey

Banned
Goldberg should come back with the mullet:

BhP5d2mIQAA81ED.jpg:large

Goldberg (DT, UGA, spear) and Roman Reigns (DT, GaTech, spear). Natural rivalry.

Lambda, let's get this booked for Summerslam 2015, after the Wrestlemania coronation. Mountains of money and throngs of groupies everywhere.

Goldberg (DT, UGA, spear) and Roman Reigns (DT, GaTech, spear). Natural rivalry.

Lambda, let's get this booked for Summerslam 2015, after the Wrestlemania coronation. Mountains of money and throngs of groupies everywhere.

book it. Bill can then officially pass the Jackhammer to Reigns, who uses it in his 5 years of uninterrupted main event.

You know wit hthe poor state of Mens' Wrestling in Japan right now, Joshi could really make a go for it again. Too bad half the girls retire as soon as they start getting over now. Dynamite Kansai and Mayumi Ozaki are still wrestling, and they endured some of the most brutal years of joshi. You chicks can take a few more years of bumping.

I doubt Joshi's ever going to compete with the top men's wrestling groups again. Hell, AJW was at indie levels of drawing by the late 90's and that was with a much broader range of talent available than today - there's just too many promotions competing for too few fans. Also, there's a real lack of cross-culture appeal (which was a large factor in the up-turn of Joshi's popularity with teams like The Beauty Pair and the Crush Gals drawing in fans from outside of wrestling) so it was a shame Aikawa retired. And, yeah, all the girls quitting so early in their careers is sad to see, but they can't go and do what the likes of Ozaki, Satomura, Kyoko and Ohka did in setting up their own promotions, as the market's already too saturated and there's only so many opportunities available.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Past few weeks of watching old dvds and peoples recordings have made me grown to appreciate the Hulkster a lot more. He improved so much on the mic from AWA, and he could work a crowd like nobody else.

Plus I love the leg drop. Maybe not fave twenty-five but definitely fave 50. And the man looked great with the title.

Ah, man, Shane Douglas. What an ass.

In the very same shoot interview where he criticizes wrestlers being used as glorified stuntmen (citing the Owen Hart incident) he then reveals his AWESOME re-booking of the end of the streak, whereby THE LIGHTS GO OUT and STING drops from the rafters to screw Undertaker and let Brock win.

Ah, man, Shane Douglas. What an ass.

In the very same shoot interview where he criticizes wrestlers being used as glorified stuntmen (citing the Owen Hart incident) he then reveals his AWESOME re-booking of the end of the streak, whereby THE LIGHTS GO OUT and STING drops from the rafters to screw Undertaker and let Brock win.

To be fair, that's pretty good booking, since it shows Sting has finally turned the corner and is the one turning on everybody now (instead of the other way around)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fave Five Physiques in Wrasslin:

5. Superstar Billy Graham (Loved how he looked in shirts)
4. Ultimate Warrior (the insanity behind it all made it even more interesting and fun)
3. Beth Phoenix (awesome look, very strong. Loved it!)
2. Batista circa 2009-2010
1. Vince McMahon (of course)

Honorable mentions - Warlord, Animal from LoD, Wrath, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Otunga, John Cena, Paul Orndorff.

There's a lot of great physiques that simply weren't my favorites. Rick Rude, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler - all have great physiques but not ones I really truly LIKE.

Heel

Fave Five Physiques in Wrasslin:

5. Superstar Billy Graham (Loved how he looked in shirts)
4. Ultimate Warrior (the insanity behind it all made it even more interesting and fun)
3. Beth Phoenix (awesome look, very strong. Loved it!)
2. Batista circa 2009-2010
1. Vince McMahon (of course)

Honorable mentions - Warlord, Animal from LoD, Wrath, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Otunga, John Cena, Paul Orndorff.

There's a lot of great physiques that simply weren't my favorites. Rick Rude, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler - all have great physiques but not ones I really truly LIKE.

Let's not forget Tony Atlas. Look at the massles.

Calling 'cis'm on Hogan.

Top Bottom