• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Kaladin

Just watched it earlier. Josh looks like a fusion of Roman Reigns and Andy Leavine. Tanner is killing it. And fuck ZZ for being a lazy piece of shit.

My name is Hank. I've never lost anything one on one. That's why they call me the Hammer because I'm never a nail.

This was said with a straight face.

CIT3a71WcAEUKxT.jpg

58.jpg

also Kane is on the cover of EA Sports NHL ... in 2015.

somedevil

Found this funny:

edit: Also news on Ziggler:

Regarding rumors of Dolph Ziggler being interested in leaving WWE soon, his contract does expire in a few months and people close to him have said he's at least considering what decision to make regarding a future that does not include WWE.

There's said to be interest in Ziggler from both Lucha Underground and New Japan Pro Wrestling

New Japan?

UK folks getting awesome lucha action

After a 20-year absence, pro wrestling returns to the Royal Albert Hall in London on 7/11 featuring the stars of AAA. A promotion called Lucha Future rented out what was London’s most famous wrestling arena in the 60s, with talent like Blue Demon Jr., La Parka, Psycho Clown, Villano IV, El Hijo del Fantasma, Pentagon Jr., Fenix, El Texano Jr., Drago and Sexy Star.

Big One

Banned
edit: Also news on Ziggler:

*snip*

New Japan?
Ziggler would be pretty awful in Japan. He only knows how to work the WWE "goodmatch" style and nothing else. I mean I'm sure the NJPW guys can work around him like they did with MVP and others in the past, but unless Ziggler learns in-ring psychology properly I don't see him doing much in NJPW anymore than someone like Naito.

Ziggler would work better in something like LU imo. His twin brotha John Morrison is tearing it up there, so Ziggler in theory should as well. Plus the best guy he's ever had chemistry with Alberto is there too.

ROH would be a solid option as well. Even though his work style isn't what ROH is looking for, the dude would be massive over with the fans and would gel pretty well I feel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bros, after that fucking awful Elimination Chamber IC match where Ziggler looked just as confused as everyone else and showed that he can't call an audible and only knows how to follow a script? I don't want to see that fuck anywhere near a wrestling promotion that I watch.

Bryan is the new Bret :(

Just to clarify everything, Bryan’s problem is concussion related stemming from his match with Sheamus on the Smackdown tapings right after Mania. Many people in wrestling have known this for some time and we were told it as soon as he got sent home from the European tour. For whatever reason, at that point a bunch of denials were made because evidently WWE wanted that under wraps. The issue is career threatening at this point.

Fox318

Bryan is the new Bret :(

I hope this gets brought up in that suit with Punk and the former WWE talent concussion suit.

Guys should not be working or traveling with concussion issues. I had a horrible concussion from getting slammed in a amateur wrestling match and I can only imagine how hurt some of these guys work.

I mean WWE has Rusev traveling and doing TV with his ankle injury in a shit angle right now.

The company needs to take injuries seriously but I sadly believe that won't change unless guys unionize or get rid of the independent contractor shit.

Heel

Controlled leak to get Sheamus over as a heel, and keep the heat on the front office as they find their next goober to lead the rebellion, likely Sami Zayn. #RealityEra

Big One

Banned
While Bryan is definitely not the future of WWE by any means, I still do not picture him going out like this. Bryan will likely have one final "big match" before he officially retires. If not he'll be involved with the wrestling process in some way whether it's creative, training, talent relations, etc.

C.M. Punk was interviewed about the Chicago Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup and noted that, as a big fan, he tried to get the WWE in 2013 to send the team a replica championship belt like they do for other sports teams (it gets WWE mainstream pub) and they declined the idea saying that nobody watches hockey. Anyway, after he said that in a media interview, the WWE sent a belt to the Blackhawks for winning the Cup this year and then pushed that fact with a photo on Raw of both several members of the Blackhawks posing with the belt, as well as with a belt they sent to the Golden State Warriors, the NBA champions.

Punk vs wwe continues to entertain

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm training with Jose "SoulPlaya" Lothario to reach my boyhood dream of winning the GWF world heavyweight heritage 365 title.

What a crazy newsworthy day for TNA. Sadly, it didn't result in much build for the PPV. Jeff's return was both surprising in nature, but unspririsng given the GFW/TNA mergery rumors that have been going on for the last couple days. Heels vs. Wolves was really good, but nothing amazing. Ditto everything else. Uno won the green X Title...good for him. There wasn't much to the Angle-Hardy match, and Jeff Jarrett's in a king of the mountain match for some sort of goal to close out his TNA career.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...sults-a-recap-final-show-before-slammiversary

Screens -
Heidenreich?

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/a54th1wettihugqd4izuefs35z3krge2

So Jarrett is back to leave on his own terms? Thats.....not exactly groundbreaking, earthshaking news. Is he supposed to help TNA draw some record numbers? How many guitars is he planning to break?

I don't know. Feels like social media hyped this way too much. Or maybe I missed something is all of Karen's babble.

Hernandez and Morgan are back too, and that doesn't happen unless he wants them there. And he isn't back at all unless he's using his ownership stake and managed to stay back there after coming back. His promo was typical happy camera shit, just like him mentioning him being fired by Sting was. He came back to finish the job (kill TNA) and spent the whole promo gushing about GFW which is what he really cares about.

Also news on Ziggler:

New Japan?

New Japan has benefits. He'd make less than he did at WWE, but wouldn't have road or hotel expenses, so he'd have more to spend. And there'd be less dates to work so he'd have more personal time, days off, and ability to do side stuff like his standup comedy hobby, maybe even do some TV or film stuff.

While Bryan is definitely not the future of WWE by any means, I still do not picture him going out like this. Bryan will likely have one final "big match" before he officially retires. If not he'll be involved with the wrestling process in some way whether it's creative, training, talent relations, etc.

If it's concussion-related he won't necessarily have a say in when he officially retires. Even one concussion can be enough to hurt a guy for good, and he admitted during his ROH days that he had at least 2 dozen "that he knew of", and that was a fucking decade ago. The dude's body is far gone, and at some point you need to say enough while you're able to say anything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ziggler would have a far easier time in MMA than Punk will.

somedevil

With this Bryan news makes me wonder with concussions he got in ROH and WWE he started doing headbutt spots after coming back from injury.

Also, Updated July 4th Special:

WWE NXT Title Match
Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens

WWE Divas Title Match
Naomi vs. Paige vs. Nikki Bella

Brock Lesnar vs. Kofi Kingston

John Cena and Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane and King Barrett

The Lucha Dragons vs. Big E and Xavier Woods

Cesaro vs. Diego

Neville vs Jericho

Better tag match now.

Fox318

With this Bryan news makes me wonder with concussions he got in ROH and WWE he started doing headbutt spots after coming back from injury.

Also, Updated July 4th Special:

Better tag match now.

Nice that the NXT match is the main event. I was fearing they would end with the Kane tag match.

Top Bottom