• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Cagey

Banned
Ziggler will have an easier time getting NJPW or the like than getting passed at the legendary Comedy Cellar, which is his side goal.

Its sold out. Brock being announced did the trick.

Plus this is not Sheamus fault. Why was Bryan doing the headbutt spot when he knew he had this problem? It all come down to the fact when he returned he came back reckless.

He did headbutts frequently in ROH (watch the McGuinness matches but be prepared to cringe, I have literally never seen a feud permanently fuck up both members quite like that one did)

He stopped in WWE for the most part, then the neck injury happened and he was asked to tone shit down (he even acknowledged as much in a public interview)

A day or two after the interview was Mania, and his match ended with the single stupidest spot I've seen in a PPV opener (the headbutt duel with Dolph, also a frequently-concussed guy). And two days after that he did the headbutts with Sheamus and welp look where the fuck we ended up

Striker

Ziggler would fit in LU pretty well with his cartoonish bumping style.

Might as well leave if he knows better. They won't do shit with him character wise. At least he's got Lana's lips going for him now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That main event of Lucha was so great though. It's awesome to see two guys wrestle that I both want to win and that the booking was such that the loser still looked pretty good. Muertes countering the Drago special by punching Drago in the fucking head was so brutal I fucking loved it. Both gimmicks are so fucking cool and are over the top without ever seeming like 'wink and nudge' that most goofy wrestling gimmicks fall pray to. I'd love to see Los Psycho Circus in Lucha Underground in the future
Los_Psycho_Circus_3.jpg

They're not the best workers in the world, but the gimmick is so money and would fit perfectly in the setting. Lucha Underground is probably the 'coolest' I've seen pro wrestling be in a while even if it has a bunch of flaws. I weirdly enjoy it almost differently than the wrestling I traditionally watch like AJPW or BJW or NJPW. It takes the 'entertainment' part and takes it more in the direction that I think WWE wants to but they have to fill 3 hours of time with it and can't.

Even if they don't have some NJPW levels of stacked talent, Lucha's cast of characters are the best in wrestling right now. The major players are so diverse and weird, and I hope they continue to focus on those guys and not guys like Johnny Mundo or Alberto Del Rio.

Bryan just needs to pull a Shawn. Step away from wrestling, see how he feels in a few years. He may be fucked forever, but if he comes back too soon and gets hurt again, he'll DEFINITELY be fucked forever, but in a far worse position in terms of his health.

tm24

love to see Los Psycho Circus in Lucha Underground in the future
Los_Psycho_Circus_3.jpg

They're not the best workers in the world, but the gimmick is so money and would fit perfectly in the setting. Lucha Underground is probably the 'coolest' I've seen pro wrestling be in a while even if it has a bunch of flaws. I weirdly enjoy it almost differently than the wrestling I traditionally watch like AJPW or BJW or NJPW. It takes the 'entertainment' part and takes it more in the direction that I think WWE wants to but they have to fill 3 hours of time with it and can't.

I don't need all of Los Psycho Circus, just Psycho. But if we have to have all of them, we also need Los Inferno Rockers. Because damn that would be amazing

People that need to be in LU season 2 in order of importance

1. Faby Apache
2. Psycho Clown
3. Machine Rocker
4. Dinastia
5. Australian Suicide
6. Daga
7. Cibernetico
8. Silver King
9. Taya Valkyrie
10. Another mini, possibly Mini Psychosis

Psychos clown is Dario's brother book it
Psycho is a good enough brawler that i would buy this. Easily comes from the best family of brawlers in wrestling in my opinion. Definitely comes from the best family of bleeders too

alstein

Could El Zorro be in LU? I think he would fit in great, even if he is getting up there in years.

Still mad he never got to be in TNA.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tough Enough Review:

Diana immediate cut bait
ZZ cut bait
Patrick cut bait
Mada cut bait
Gabi cut bait
Giorgia cut bait
Paige cut bait

-Something, something no cardio days
-Diana's ass cam is very transparent
-Judges are pointless

So far this competition and show is shit, they should at least return to the format from last season.

tm24

Could El Zorro be in LU? I think he would fit in great, even if he is getting up there in years.

Still mad he never got to be in TNA.

He's lost a lot of his step in the last few years, but if they repackage him to be more about his prophetic visions thing he's had going for a years, he'd totally work in the LU mythology.

Actually, yeah, just full on make him an aztec priest dude and he'll be fucking great

kapowza

they should at least return to the format from last season.

yeah, Stone Cold cutting promos on them every week was incredible TV. I remember getting way to into it and gasping like a complete mark when Matt almost tried to pull away when Austin was taking back his belt.

ICW - The Lorraine Kelly Experience

bwahahahahahaha

alstein

He's lost a lot of his step in the last few years, but if they repackage him to be more about his prophetic visions thing he's had going for a years, he'd totally work in the LU mythology.

Actually, yeah, just full on make him an aztec priest dude and he'll be fucking great

Shame, you mean he's a lot slower in the ring now? Last I saw of him was around 2011 and remember being really impressed (it was around the time he was feuding with X-Pac)

jmdajr

I don't see how this tough enough cast is better or worse than any other. Most turn out to be flops anyway.

But sure, lack of Stone Cold hurts.

Top Bottom