• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

klonere

Banned
HshQeJn.png

You will never be more carny than Capcom

jmdajr

HshQeJn.png

I remember Namco games being worse. Ace Combat game had over two hundred dollars in DLC plane skins.

While most games have some form of DLC, the worst offender of post-purchase price gouging is undoubtedly Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. To date, Namco Bandai has released over 35 extra planes, and while some are free downloads, most cost 200 points ($2.50) each, and others -- the notorious Idolmaster planes (based on and skinned with imagery from Namco's Japan-only Idolmaster game) -- command 400 Microsoft points ($5.00) apiece. We did the math for you, and if you merely bought the game alone, at $59.99, and decided you just had to have all of the planes, your wallet would be hit for a $181.82 charge, with that number subject to further damage should Namco release more planes. If you were determined to have the most gutsy experience possible, you would have spilled for the AC6 set, which goes for $149.99 retail (this not rare set is commanding prices of $400 and up on eBay for whatever reason). Add in the full suite of planes and you're already looking at a $271.82 package without tax.

Sephzilla

HshQeJn.png

Sephzilla justify this

I never care about these things

1.50 to unlock all of the modes is decent, honestly,
but it shouldn't exist since DMC3 had an unlock everything code
. The rest are stupid as fuck though.

Edit - Also what giancarlo123x said - these are all easy to get in-game. Especially the red orbs stuff since DMC4SE upped the rate at which you get red orbs and proud souls. Legendary Dark Knight mode is basically farming mode.

Sephzilla

I bought all of this shit. DMC4's campaign sucks ass, I don't want to have to play it again just to get back all my shit.

Thank you Capcom.

Play through the campaign as Vergil at least once to appreciate how crazy OP he is though. The final boss is a joke with him.

jmdajr

Man. Developers don't give a fuck about PC Master race.

Aren't the consoles closer to PC architecture than ever before? How can the shit not work.

Oh well. It's not like I play PC games anyway but makes no sense.

Zach

To revisit a discussion from months ago: I've now watched Aliens and can give these definitive ratings (10-point scale) of a few classic movies from yesteryear:

The Terminator:
Terminator 2: Judgment Day:
Alien:
Aliens:

Bonus video game rating: Alien: Isolation:

Aliens was more bad than good for the first 90 minutes or so. I couldn't believe what I was watching. Luckily the last 30+ minutes was more fun and entertaining. Still, I hate all of you who consider T2/As in the same league as their predecessors.

Sephzilla

To revisit a discussion from months ago: I've now watched Aliens and can give these definitive ratings (10-point scale) of a few classic movies from yesteryear:

The Terminator:
Terminator 2: Judgment Day:
Alien:
Aliens:

Bonus video game rating: Alien: Isolation:

Aliens was more bad than good for the first 90 minutes or so. I couldn't believe what I was watching. Luckily the last 30+ minutes was more fun and entertaining. Still, I hate all of you who consider T2/As in the same league as their predecessors.

Nice opinions

Too bad you're wrong.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Play through the campaign as Vergil at least once to appreciate how crazy OP he is though. The final boss is a joke with him.

Yeah, I have to play it at least once just to get the orb fragments and max my life bar and DT gauge. Vergil does seem like easy mode so far.

Sephzilla

Please opine, lovely.

Alien = Aliens - They're too different to compare beyond some really basic things, honestly. One is a slasher movie in space, the sequel is a survival/action flick. Cameron was smart to genre-shift with the sequel because he knew it would be too hard to follow up Alien by keeping the same style. Both are done really well but quite differently. Aliens actually gives Ripley some character development, something Alien doesn't do (partially because Ripley isn't even the main character until over halfway through the movie). The supporting cast in Aliens are generally more entertaining as well.

Terminator 2 > Terminator - Terminator 1 has not aged super well and has some pretty cringe worthy little bits in it, like the entire awkward as fuck Reese/Connor romance or any time Reese is doing some exposition. Basically Terminator 1 is kind of boring when Arnold isn't on screen. Terminator 2 is an action classic that holds up super well and is a much better structured movie. The entire first act is really interestingly set up since it's supposed to portray Arnold as the bad guy once again and the T-1000 is the good guy, and then SWERVE, Arnold is actually a hero now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As big an explosive and huge as it was, Terminator definitely outshines Terminator 2, but it also depends on what kind of movie you prefer.

Zach

Alien = Aliens - They're too different to compare beyond some really basic things, honestly. One is a slasher movie in space, the sequel is a survival/action flick. Cameron was smart to genre-shift with the sequel because he knew it would be too hard to follow up Alien by keeping the same style. Both are done really well but quite differently. Aliens actually gives Ripley some character development, something Alien doesn't do (partially because Ripley isn't even the main character until over halfway through the movie). The supporting cast in Aliens are generally more entertaining as well.

Terminator 2 > Terminator - Terminator 1 has not aged super well and has some pretty cringe worthy little bits in it, like the entire awkward as fuck Reese/Connor romance or any time Reese is doing some exposition. Basically Terminator 1 is kind of boring when Arnold isn't on screen.

I love you and appreciate your opinions, my friend and adversary, but the cast in Aliens can suck my balls for eternity. I'm down with Bishop, but Ash was just as interesting. Other than that, the supporting cast in Aliens suuuuuucks.

As big an explosive and huge as it was, Terminator definitely outshines Terminator 2, but it also depends on what kind of movie you prefer.

Yeah, I'll admit I'm more into slower, less boom-bang-pow kinds of movies. If you love a good action flick, Aliens and T2 are probably cream of the crop (ooooh yeeeah!). If you're like me, though, that stuff is kinda boring, and at the end of the day, disposable and forgettable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I love you and appreciate your opinions, my friend and adversary, but the cast in Aliens can suck my balls for eternity. I'm down with Bishop, but Ash was just as interesting. Other than that, the supporting cast in Aliens suuuuuucks.

Oh come on man! Apone! APONE!

I never seen Terminator 1 friends :(....

You should, it's a good horror movie.

Sephzilla

I should clarify that while I find the sequels superior, I still think Alien and Terminator are fucking fantastic. That factory segment at the end of T1 is tense as fuck.

Ash's abrupt crazy psycho android turn near the end never really settled well with me. He's always portrayed as a little different from everyone else the entire movie, sure, but him suddenly turning into Jason Vorhees just felt weird. Aliens at least goes back and clarifies this with a throwaway line.

Remedy this, now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got me thinkin about space movies. 2001 changed my life. HAL's final scene touched me and changed me. What a profound movie that was. Perfect.

Zach

It's a cool movie. Check it out on Netflix or from the library or Hulu something-or-other.

He was alright. Seemed a little by-the-numbers. And dude couldn't even make it to late in the movie. What a weenie.

I should clarify that while I find the sequels superior, I still think Alien and Terminator are fucking fantastic. That factory segment at the end of T1 is tense as fuck.

Ash's abrupt crazy psycho android turn near the end never really settled well with me. He's always portrayed as a little different from everyone else the entire movie, sure, but him suddenly turning into Jason Vorhees just felt weird. Aliens at least goes back and clarifies this with a throwaway line.

I thought it was pretty creepy and fun. Alien was just great! I should watch it again soon...

Oh, and I should mention that, while I still enjoy Alien Ripley more, I appreciated Aliens Ripley for being a strong female protagonist. She was fairly bad-a at the end there, what with her outrageous makeshift gun, etc. etc. :D

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's pretty clear that Terminator and Alien were horror movies, and some people prefer that to Aliens and T2's action focus. That's really all it is to me, that kind of difference. Take out the singular menace and turn it into insanity. I appreciate both aspects.

RP912

Banned

You should, it's a good horror movie.

Remedy this, now.

Yeah I know I know :/. When it comes down to 80s movies, it's hit and miss with me. Going to watch it eventually though since the new one coming out next week.

Zach

On the note of movies and sequels, let me just get this out of the way - Batman Begins > Dark Knight

I guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

I look forward to your thoughts on 2001, good or bad.

And I'm not suuuper into super heroes, so, while I had an alright time watching both of those Batman movies, I don't have a strong opinion about them.

You guys would all love Furious 7!

:p

Is Batman in that?

Aliens is a great movie that's been iterated on endlessly which kind of dulls its impact meanwhile Alien is just a tense sci fi film that's easy to appreciate because its not nearly as oft-repeated friends.

I like that, since no longer being beholden to WWE's standards on social media, Matt Striker's exposed himself as a massive douche. Serious douche chills from a good 75% of everything he posts on twitter. An obsessive vanity searcher, as well.

kiguel182

I watched Impact just to see the announcement and it's a Jeff Jarret return match. Yeah, I'll pass.

And all the returns were just sad. Specially with Josh marking out for mid carders and old dudes. Just embarrassing.

And seeing Angle shaking while talking and just looking like this just saddens me.

Big waste of time.

But the TLC match was good. Both of those teams are entertaining. Shame they are on TNA.

With this Bryan news makes me wonder with concussions he got in ROH and WWE he started doing headbutt spots after coming back from injury.

Also, Updated July 4th Special:

Better tag match now.

I look at that and I don't understand why Cesaro isn't facing Lesnar. I mean, why? I genuinely don't get it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like that, since no longer being beholden to WWE's standards on social media, Matt Striker's exposed himself as a massive douche. Serious douche chills from a good 75% of everything he posts on twitter. An obsessive vanity searcher, as well.

He's terrible. I've heard stories from my wrestlin' roommate about him being creepier and peepier than anyone else. Kinda torn between who's worse though, him or Alex Riley. Riley sent off those terrible shitlord tweets about having HIS FOOD READY and shit like that once. Brrrrgh.

On the Pleasant Surprise list, Missy Hyatt is so smart and fun when it comes to wrestling and pretty much exclusively tweets about the good ol' days. I really like following her for that perspective.

jmdajr

Can we all agree though that the Alien and Terminator franchises should have stopped after the second movie?

Well they've been let downs that's for sure comparatively. But then you have stuff like Fast Five and Mad Max Fury where they totally unfuck things. With the case of Fast Five..probably being the point where it got great.

Sephzilla

Well they've been let downs that's for sure comparatively. But then you have stuff like Fast Five and Mad Max Fury where they totally unfuck things. With the case of Fast Five..probably being the point where it got great.

Fast 4 & Fast Five honestly feels like an anomaly. It required both Vin Diesel and Paul Walker's careers not really taking off after they left the franchise, plus they ended up getting a director who embraced the really ridiculous aspects of the franchise and managed to land The Rock.

While Fury Road is easily the best Mad Max movie, I don't think the Mad Max was ever really that fucked up in the first place

KingBroly

Banned
I'm going back and forth between Devil Hunter and LDK. LDK is nuts. I can barely make my way through it. I'm not continuing though. I'm going to be Man and complete everything without Continuing.

LDK also gives you like 5000 Proud Souls if you get halfway through Mission 2.

Top Bottom