• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

I'm going back and forth between Devil Hunter and LDK. LDK is nuts. I can barely make my way through it. I'm not continuing though. I'm going to be Man and complete everything without Continuing.

LDK also gives you like 5000 Proud Souls if you get halfway through Mission 2.

XeJWiSN.gif

jmdajr

Fast 4 & Fast Five honestly feels like an anomaly. It required both Vin Diesel and Paul Walker's careers not really taking off after they left the franchise, plus they ended up getting a director who embraced the really ridiculous aspects of the franchise and managed to land The Rock.

While Fury Road is easily the best Mad Max movie, I don't think the Mad Max was ever really that fucked up in the first place

Yeah. I feel like folks didn't like Mad Max 3 too much, but really it's still pretty iconic.

Yeah. I feel like folks didn't like Mad Max 3 too much, but really it's still pretty iconic.

I think Thunderdome was a pretty big step down from Road Warrior. If anything, I think it's remained somewhat relevant more due to 2Pac's California Love video and not to the actual quality of the movie.

Dolph in New Japan would be weird, I think he'd definitely have to be in the Jr division (he's just within the weight limit) because I just can't see him fitting with the main event NJPW-style.

Incidentally, Naito's coming back from Mexico - hoping his joining a 'cool' heel stable in CMLL will signal an attitude change for him back in Japan.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I look at that and I don't understand why Cesaro isn't facing Lesnar. I mean, why? I genuinely don't get it.

face/face matchup on Lesnar's first match back? That seems odd. Also, up until Kidd's injury, Cesaro was in another match. Why not have Cesaro destroy Diego and look like a superstar in front of the Japanese crowd instead? The crowd reactions for Cesaro and Balor might push both of them to a higher level - makes sense to try with both of them.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Crazy stuff about Dolph. I hate to say it, but he's the kind of guy that after leaving wrestling will try to be a C-List celebrity. He's not going to end up like Batistia or Rock and end up being an action hero. He'll probably get stuck doing movies like some of Rock's earlier movies but not drawing.

jmdajr

WWE Network has the potential to create work for dudes that no longer want to do in ring work. Not sure they will get paid though. WWE likes to milk their performers for everything they can dish out.

Aiii

So not worth it
I feel this picture accurately depicts Dana Brooks
and why she shouldn't be wrestling on TV right now

screenshot2015-06-25ai0upt.png

klonere

Banned
I feel this picture accurately depicts Dana Brooks
and why she shouldn't be wrestling on TV right now

yeah that was a pretty rough match last night. It really feels like she's going to hurt someone one of these days. Also I clearly remember her cunt punt from the first NXT match she had, that hilariously bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dana will be fine. Kaitlyn was dogshit at one point and look at her now.

Cagey

Banned
Crazy stuff about Dolph. I hate to say it, but he's the kind of guy that after leaving wrestling will try to be a C-List celebrity. He's not going to end up like Batistia or Rock and end up being an action hero. He'll probably get stuck doing movies like some of Rock's earlier movies but not drawing.

The Rock got The Rock's earlier movies because he's The Rock.

Dolph Ziggler is nobody. He's play a random character in an episode of It's Always Sunny tier.

RP912

Banned
Ziggles in NJPW could work since the WWE been on his "I stole your girlfriend" gimmick heavily. All they can do is capitalize from that gimmick and have him try to steal Maria from the Kingdom.

Instant profit.

Aiii

So not worth it
I cannot give the WWE enough props for these Devitt mini-docs though.

Also, for putting a picture of Tanahashi and Okada on their program. I would love a full hour documentary on his career, but I doubt New Japan would go for that heh.

The only acting Dolph might be doing is taking over Johnny Nitro's roles in those straight to redbox movies. For all the comedy classes he has supposedly taken, the dude has so little charisma and mic ability.

Sephzilla

I actually like Dana Brooke from a presentation/character standpoint. I think she's got that side of the the job down - but her in ring stuff needs work yet.

somedevil

The thing with Dolph is he fits in Lucha Underground. In New Japan his offense wouldn't work in New Japan. He would have to be like Cena and start pulling out all these new moves.

As for comedy it seems he doesn't get good reviews and also Jimmy Uso did stand up last night for the first time and already is better than him getting rave reviews.

Plus Low Ki has left TNA. Where can he go where he didn't burn the bridge to? Austin Aries is probably going to leave next.

kiguel182

face/face matchup on Lesnar's first match back? That seems odd. Also, up until Kidd's injury, Cesaro was in another match. Why not have Cesaro destroy Diego and look like a superstar in front of the Japanese crowd instead? The crowd reactions for Cesaro and Balor might push both of them to a higher level - makes sense to try with both of them.

One one hand, I agree.

On another, what's the chance of that match happening but here?

It would be more of "the beast" vs "the strongest pound for pound athlete" and they would just batter each other for 20 minutes and it would be glorious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I watch Lucha Underground to see luchadores and dragons. Not Ex-WWE guys who were the actual definition of B+. The thing with Lucha Underground is its greatest strengths are its characters. Dolph is WAY too corny for anyone to buy his character. The douche makes kayfabe jokes on twitter, could you imagine him doing this shit at Lucha Underground
cm-punk.gif

Dolph in New Japan would be weird, I think he'd definitely have to be in the Jr division (he's just within the weight limit) because I just can't see him fitting with the main event NJPW-style.

Incidentally, Naito's coming back from Mexico - hoping his joining a 'cool' heel stable in CMLL will signal an attitude change for him back in Japan.

Dolph will be a junior then decide that, like Omega, he wants 'the real title' due to Jado and Gedo's abysmal booking of the division.

And the problems with that division will continue because of it. Self-cycling booking.

Sephzilla

I watch Lucha Underground to see luchadores and dragons. Not Ex-WWE guys who were the actual definition of B+. The thing with Lucha Underground is its greatest strengths are its characters. Dolph is WAY too corny for anyone to buy his character. The douche makes kayfabe jokes on twitter, could you imagine him doing this shit at Lucha Underground
cm-punk.gif

Dolph will be a junior then decide that, like Omega, he wants 'the real title' due to Jado and Gedo's abysmal booking of the division.

And the problems with that division will continue because of it. Self-cycling booking.

cm-punk.gif

I agree, the Omega storyline is just a rehash of Devitt's Bullet Club run with the Jr title - Omega will eventually move up to the heavyweight division, probably turning on Bullet Club to save Ibushi, and they'll be back to square one. I don't think there's much to be done about it, though - there just aren't any stars in the jr. division. They're trying with KUSHIDA but he'll need people to feud with, which puts the burden on Despy, Hiromu & Komatsu, I guess.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I agree, the Omega storyline is just a rehash of Devitt's Bullet Club run with the Jr title - Omega will eventually move up to the heavyweight division, probably turning on Bullet Club to save Ibushi, and they'll be back to square one. I don't think there's much to be done about it, though - there just aren't any stars in the jr. division. They're trying with KUSHIDA but he'll need people to feud with, which puts the burden on Despy, Hiromu & Komatsu, I guess.

You say that there aren't any stars in the jr division, but I don't think that's going to fix the problem either.

Have you watched NOAH's junior division lately? Jado just sits on all that talent and doesn't do anything with it.

klonere

Banned
Akebono is a terrifying looking person. He also looks like he is going to die in the ring.

Go Shiozaki tries too hard to be that Japanese style babyface, at least in his last match vs Akebono it felt like that.

You say that there aren't any stars in the jr division, but I don't think that's going to fix the problem either.

Have you watched NOAH's junior division lately? Jado just sits on all that talent and doesn't do anything with it.

I don't even know what the hell their goal is with NOAH, though. The booking of the whole promotion is weird, I don't think it's entirely comparable - besides, it's all wrapped up in the Suzuki-gun shit.

Buying NOAH is weird in hindshigh. No NOAH on NJPW world. Can't put NOAH cards on there. Not using any talent.

That Suzuiki-gun show was a stealth NOAH show.
Why not run those instead of investing in a promotion.

Seems crazy

Top Bottom