• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Colocho

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks Ziggler is one of the most talented on the WWE roster (boring gimmick aside)? I'd hate it if he left.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lucha has the most alignment moralities in pro wrestling right now. Drago is like a tweener, Mils is chaotic neutral, Pentagon Jr is chaotic evil(I guess Dario sort of is too), Cuerno Cage and Hernandez are like lawful evil.

For someone that's supposed to be like the main character of Lucha Underground, I'm not the biggest fan of Prince Puma's mask design. Hopefully it gets a makeover if a season 2 ever happens.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Am I the only one that thinks Ziggler is one of the most talented on the WWE roster (boring gimmick aside)? I'd hate it if he left.

I can't put the gimmick aside, his character is so bad I absolutely hate seeing him on TV despite the fact that I do think he's a solid performer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
For someone that's supposed to be like the main character of Lucha Underground, I'm not the biggest fan of Prince Puma's mask design. Hopefully it gets a makeover if a season 2 ever happens.

He's like the second blandest guy on the show. I get that he's supposed to be the standard 'hero' that you want to cheer for, but it just makes him seem so boring in the world of badasses.

And I like Ricochet a lot.

He's like the second blandest guy on the show. I get that he's supposed to be the standard 'hero' that you want to cheer for, but it just makes him seem so boring in the world of badasses.

And I like Ricochet a lot.

It would help if he spoke.

Or was like BlackBolt

Or took the mask off cuz riccochet is a good looking dude

Really the easiest thing is to turn Ziggler and Lana heel while having Rusev be the face. WWE needs another top heel with Rusev out, Orton a Face and the injuries.

It's happening

While details are still sketchy with everything regarding the Jeff Jarrett deal with TNA, it will include some form of TNA participation at the July 24th Global Force Wrestling TV tapings in Las Vegas, NV. Magnus is believed to be booked on that show and there may be others.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's why I knew Ambrose and Reigns weren't gonna turn or fight each other.

There aren't enough faces unless you want to make everyone cringe and put Cena back in the title picture. I don't even know if Lesnar is supposed to be a face or not.

Heroman

Banned
The dude has tons of talent but he will be in of the mid card for the rest of his career so I would alright if he left.

Striker

Really the easiest thing is to turn Ziggler and Lana heel while having Rusev be the face. WWE needs another top heel with Rusev out, Orton a Face and the injuries.
They will never do any fine tuning to his character anymore. That's why I think it's probably better for him if he left. He probably fits in well for LU with his bumping.

Story and character for him was "I steal your girl" and he did end up getting Lana, but it's no mention of it. It's suppose to be a face move. It's sloppy writing and direction.

Alucard

Banned

I think people thought this when he won the title from Del Rio a couple of years ago. Over the past one or two years, I think he's been exposed as someone who doesn't come across as genuine when he speaks, and who doesn't really have much of a character to care about.

Sephzilla

The dude has tons of talent but he will be in of the mid card for the rest of his career so I would alright if he left.

The best thing Ziggler could do for his WWE career is to leave WWE for a few years, hopefully reinvent/make something of himself in Japan, and then come back. If he just stays in WWE he's going to be in midcard hell forever.

Thorakai

There aren't enough faces unless you want to make everyone cringe and put Cena back in the title picture. I don't even know if Lesnar is supposed to be a face or not.

Lesnar just had a babyface style beatdown. Dude is a face now.

If Jarrett was smart he wouldn't associate himself with TNA anymore.

Dude has no TV deal, as far as anyone can tell. If he can exploit his existing relationship to boost GFW's profile (and judging by the photos from the shows, they need help getting attendance up), he might as well.

Heel

CH1LqNJUEAAh3iC.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070072

Cagey

Banned
They will never do any fine tuning to his character anymore. That's why I think it's probably better for him if he left. He probably fits in well for LU with his bumping.

Story and character for him was "I steal your girl" and he did end up getting Lana, but it's no mention of it. It's suppose to be a face move. It's sloppy writing and direction.

Dolph Ziggler's gimmick is Trey Songz?

Terminator 1 has more atmosphere, but Terminator 2 has far better-written characters, no trite romance, a more novel take on the nature of time travel and of people's relation to technology, and some of the best-choreographed action scenes ever put to film. Terminator 1 is the better genre film, but T2, while perhaps more overtly flawed in a few parts, is handily the better and more daring overall work of art.

Alien, however, is def better than Aliens because it features real characters, not caricatures. Aliens is awesome, but it's basically just a really well-done action movie.

2001 trounces all of these movies 100 times over. Sunny, you're right about HAL's death being a truly moving moment. Somehow, people never seem to pick up on the subtleties in Dullea's face, but Dave spends the whole scene practically on the verge of tears as he unplugs his friend.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Catrina gimmick is also what the Lana gimmick should have turned out to be in terms of making both the manager and the wrestler look strong

Terminator 1 has more atmosphere, but Terminator 2 has far better-written characters, no trite romance, a more novel take on the nature of time travel and of people's relation to technology, and some of the best-choreographed action scenes ever put to film. Terminator 1 is the better genre film, but T2, while perhaps more overtly flawed in a few parts, is handily the better and more daring overall work of art.

Sorry, but you're 100% wrong.

NWA launching online video service

- The service will be called NWA Classics 24/7 and will launch on Saturday, July 4th. NWAClassics.com will launch next week.

- It will have the entire Paul Boesch Houston Wrestling library with many of the matches complete with original commentary by Boesch himself. The matches span the late 1960's through 1986. The library was stored in an air conditioned unit, and the quality and clarity of the audio and color is said to be amazing. Some of these matches have not been seen in over 40 years.

- The cost will be $8.99/mo which includes unlimited access to the library. A year's subscription will be reduced to $99.99 (basically 2 months free).

- 50 matches will be released in the first month with 30 new matches added monthly. NWA president Bruce Tharpe said they have enough vintage content to keep up that pace for years.

- Some of the matches included in the first month's release:

- Harley Race vs. Andre the Giant for the NWA World Title
- Butch Reed vs. Magnum TA
- NWA World Title Match – Ric Flair vs. Wahoo McDaniel
- Kevin Von Erich vs. Chris Adams
- Dory and Terry Funk vs. Mil Mascaras and Jose Lothario
- Gino Hernandez vs. Ivan Putski
- Butch Reed vs. Buddy Landell in a “Shoeshine Match"
- Ivan Putski vs. Abdullah the Butcher
- Brad Armstrong vs. One Man Gang
- NWA World Title Match – Ric Flair vs. Terry Taylor
- NWA World Title Match – Ric Flair vs. Butch Reed
- Nick Bockwinkel vs. Bruiser Brody
- $20,000 Two-Ring Battle Royal
- Early Shawn Michaels footage, the JYD, Jake “the Snake” Roberts, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, The Rock n’ Roll Express, and more.

Didn't NWA tape over their older masters when money got tight, or am I remembering that wrong?

It differed from territory to territory - many of them re-used tapes to cut down on costs or didn't see the value in keeping them. The Funks destroyed the Amarillo tapes, while the only reason we have any Mid-Atlantic footage from the pre-VCR era is because Cornette saved a ton of masters from being thrown out.

From what Bruce Tharpe has said, the Paul Boesch library (which covered all the house shows he promoted in Houston) is in very good quality and he saved pretty much everything. Really can't wait to see some of this stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NWA launching online video service

- The service will be called NWA Classics 24/7 and will launch on Saturday, July 4th. NWAClassics.com will launch next week.

- It will have the entire Paul Boesch Houston Wrestling library with many of the matches complete with original commentary by Boesch himself. The matches span the late 1960's through 1986. The library was stored in an air conditioned unit, and the quality and clarity of the audio and color is said to be amazing. Some of these matches have not been seen in over 40 years.

- The cost will be $8.99/mo which includes unlimited access to the library. A year's subscription will be reduced to $99.99 (basically 2 months free).

- 50 matches will be released in the first month with 30 new matches added monthly. NWA president Bruce Tharpe said they have enough vintage content to keep up that pace for years.

- Some of the matches included in the first month's release:

- Harley Race vs. Andre the Giant for the NWA World Title
- Butch Reed vs. Magnum TA
- NWA World Title Match – Ric Flair vs. Wahoo McDaniel
- Kevin Von Erich vs. Chris Adams
- Dory and Terry Funk vs. Mil Mascaras and Jose Lothario
- Gino Hernandez vs. Ivan Putski
- Butch Reed vs. Buddy Landell in a “Shoeshine Match"
- Ivan Putski vs. Abdullah the Butcher
- Brad Armstrong vs. One Man Gang
- NWA World Title Match – Ric Flair vs. Terry Taylor
- NWA World Title Match – Ric Flair vs. Butch Reed
- Nick Bockwinkel vs. Bruiser Brody
- $20,000 Two-Ring Battle Royal
- Early Shawn Michaels footage, the JYD, Jake “the Snake” Roberts, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, The Rock n’ Roll Express, and more.

Worth it. What a great, great history here. I can't wait.

Kobashi gave a 90 minute lecture yesterday to political science students at a university in Saitama;

1rbyNdE.jpg

The subject? "Seven methods that dreams come true in the indomitable soul".

Heel

It differed from territory to territory - many of them re-used tapes to cut down on costs or didn't see the value in keeping them. The Funks destroyed the Amarillo tapes, while the only reason we have any Mid-Atlantic footage from the pre-VCR era is because Cornette saved a ton of masters from being thrown out.

From what Bruce Tharpe has said, the Paul Boesch library (which covered all the house shows he promoted in Houston) is in very good quality and he saved pretty much everything. Really can't wait to see some of this stuff.

What a shame, but I guess I can understand the mind state of needing to cut costs to survive. Destroying and throwing stuff away? Not so much.

Zach

So earlier I saw this sweet Four Horsemen action figure set at Target and was like "wow, kid me would have loved this so much" (while adult me secretly longed for it) and then I saw it was $50 and I was like "well, definitely not going to spend $50 on action figures anyway..." I mean, that's ridiculous. I shouldn't buy action figures for myself. I'm 30 years old. I can't even say they're for my son because he couldn't care less about wrestling.

...So I of course search for them on the internet after returning home. "Hey..." I says to myself "...like, what if I wanted to entertain the thought for a second? I could probably get them on the cheap online---oh my god they're going for $70 to $90!"

So yeah, please tell me not to go to Target and buy action figures. Thanks.

I'm loving how much wrestling there is to watch, I just need to make the time to watch it all now! I've still got the rest of the ToD Bootaaay shared!

Heel

So earlier I saw this sweet Four Horsemen action figure set at Target and was like "wow, kid me would have loved this so much" (while adult me secretly longed for it) and then I saw it was $50 and I was like "well, definitely not going to spend $50 on action figures anyway..." I mean, that's ridiculous. I shouldn't buy action figures for myself. I'm 30 years old. I can't even say they're for my son because he couldn't care less about wrestling.

...So I of course search for them on the internet after returning home. "Hey..." I says to myself "...like, what if I wanted to entertain the thought for a second? I could probably get them on the cheap online---oh my god they're going for $70 to $90!"

So yeah, please tell me not to go to Target and buy action figures. Thanks.

Remember to pretend like you're shopping for an age-appropriate child, gazing at your phone at a pre-prepared "birthday shopping list" that includes "Four wrestling dolls...?"

Work efficiently, in and out cleanly. Do not stop walking. If anyone gets suspicious, remember the safe phrase "Kids sure are hard to shop for these days..." to mutter under your breath, without breaking stride.

Be sure to use a cart to obscure the toy. The last thing you want is to be seen carrying it out in the open on the way to your final challenge: the check out.

Use the self checkout at all costs, with card in hand. Do a few practice runs with innocuous items, like a can of shaving cream, to get your par time under 20 seconds.

Make contact within 6 hours so we know you made it out without dying of embarrassment. Good luck.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
One one hand, I agree.

On another, what's the chance of that match happening but here?

It would be more of "the beast" vs "the strongest pound for pound athlete" and they would just batter each other for 20 minutes and it would be glorious.

So you'd basically make Cesaro go toe to toe with Lesnar, something WM Undertaker, Reigns, Cena, Cena + Rollins, and no one else has been able to do?

>_<

Come ooooon. :p That's just Cesaro fan-fic. :p You wouldn't elevate Cesaro one whit; you'd just end up killing Lesnar

I actually like the entire idea of Reigns and Ambrose not turning on each other. It'd be nice to have a mini-faction that doesn't turn on each other like every other one does; and I think the pairing fleshes out their characters more than anything else they've been able to do.

Top Bottom