• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

RP912

Banned
NWA launching online video service

- The service will be called NWA Classics 24/7 and will launch on Saturday, July 4th. NWAClassics.com will launch next week.

- It will have the entire Paul Boesch Houston Wrestling library with many of the matches complete with original commentary by Boesch himself. The matches span the late 1960's through 1986. The library was stored in an air conditioned unit, and the quality and clarity of the audio and color is said to be amazing. Some of these matches have not been seen in over 40 years.

- The cost will be $8.99/mo which includes unlimited access to the library. A year's subscription will be reduced to $99.99 (basically 2 months free).

- 50 matches will be released in the first month with 30 new matches added monthly. NWA president Bruce Tharpe said they have enough vintage content to keep up that pace for years.

- Some of the matches included in the first month's release:

- Harley Race vs. Andre the Giant for the NWA World Title
- Butch Reed vs. Magnum TA
- NWA World Title Match – Ric Flair vs. Wahoo McDaniel
- Kevin Von Erich vs. Chris Adams
- Dory and Terry Funk vs. Mil Mascaras and Jose Lothario
- Gino Hernandez vs. Ivan Putski
- Butch Reed vs. Buddy Landell in a “Shoeshine Match"
- Ivan Putski vs. Abdullah the Butcher
- Brad Armstrong vs. One Man Gang
- NWA World Title Match – Ric Flair vs. Terry Taylor
- NWA World Title Match – Ric Flair vs. Butch Reed
- Nick Bockwinkel vs. Bruiser Brody
- $20,000 Two-Ring Battle Royal
- Early Shawn Michaels footage, the JYD, Jake “the Snake” Roberts, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan, The Rock n’ Roll Express, and more.

Wow 0_0. My knees buckling looking at all of that material. I may give it a chance once my funds clear up for another streaming service.

Zach, do all you can to stay #safe as you do this shopping.

I swung by the times square TRU myself during lunch today to see how the WWE section is doing. A whole wall of unsold seth rollins and d bry figures, they can't even draw in a toy store!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, a Target in Tulsa has a Four Horsement set?

See you there Zach.

Zach

anigif_original-grid-image-9989-1435017891-13.gif

I hate you.

Remember to pretend like you're shopping for an age-appropriate child, gazing at your phone at a pre-prepared "birthday shopping list" that includes "Four wrestling dolls...?"

Work efficiently, in and out cleanly. Do not stop walking. If anyone gets suspicious, remember the safe phrase "Kids sure are hard to shop for these days..." to mutter under your breath, without breaking stride.

Be sure to use a cart to obscure the toy. The last thing you want is to be seen carrying it out in the open on the way to your final challenge: the check out.

Use the self checkout at all costs, with card in hand. Do a few practice runs with innocuous items, like a can of shaving cream, to get your par time under 20 seconds.

Make contact within 6 hours so we know you made it out without dying of embarrassment. Good luck.
there's a flaw in your plan, heel.

target doesn't have self checkout

Abort mission.

I repeat, abort mission.

Haha... I like you guys.

¡HarlequinPanic!;169836461 said:
Zach, do all you can to stay #safe as you do this shopping.

I swung by the times square TRU myself during lunch today to see how the WWE section is doing. A whole wall of unsold seth rollins and d bry figures, they can't even draw in a toy store!

I saw some D-Brys but no Seths. I could've just overlooked him, though, because I was so into that Horsemen set... >_>

Oh, a Target in Tulsa has a Four Horsement set?

See you there Zach.
Yeah, dude. The one on Yale. Jingle All the Way your butt down there and see what happens, Sinbad.

Alucard

Banned
Zach, don't do it. It's not worth it. Ask for it as a gift for your birthday or other occasion so one of your other friends or relatives can go through the walk of shame.

Zach

Haha... just imagining walking out with one hand holding the action figures and the other hand proudly in the air displaying the four fingers to the suckers left in the store behind me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I might legit go get that Four Horsemen set. Which version of the Horsemen?

Oh wait, that's almost north side. It's all you, friend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was in my original post! Here's an eBay listing. $50 for Flair, Arn, Tully and Barry. Sorry, no Roma.

And if you do it, I'm totally going to be peer pressured into doing it, too. God.

Pfft. What? Haha...

I think I'll check a different target. One in a more hospitable area.

Honestly one that isn't a pain in the ass to get to from where I am right now

I'm ok with no Roma if I get Tully and Arn. The CORE of the Horsemen

Heel

Take the four pack to customer service, complaining that there's no Paul Roma. Make a scene until they let you walk out with it for $24.99.

Zach

I think I'll check a different target. One in a more hospitable area.

Honestly one that isn't a pain in the ass to get to from where I am right now

I'm ok with no Roma if I get Tully and Arn. The CORE of the Horsemen

Report back. If you actually do it, I may follow suit. And we expect one of your fancy streams, but this time it'll be an action figure battle royale. Thanks in advance.

Did you think that was steam in the helmet?
tumblr_mzhl946o9L1qhhxf6o2_250.gif

Christ, I remember as a kid having a VHS of the Great American Bash 1990 (One of the 3 wrestling VHS I lived on as a kid) and Vader's look with that helmet thing was outstanding, and his theme was great too.

Think his match was just a basic squash though.

Top Bottom