• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Noone gives a shit about TNA except news of it having new owners or it going out of business. No need to spoiler tag their results, especially Dixie Carter coming back as on air character.

SickImprobableGermanwirehairedpointer.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlBTowpS8gA&feature=youtu.be

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This episode of Thunder had a 3 minute promo going over and putting over all the tag teams in the WCW contention for the tag titles. They put over Benoit's skill with Arn Anderson as the most versatile tag team wrestler of all time with his 5 reigns with 5 different wrestlers. They put over the Steiners as the greatest most dominant tag team in the sport when they were together, they put over Harlem Heat as one of the best tag teams and especially Booker, they put over Sting and Luger being both former world champions and former tag champions, and they put over Hall & Nash and their dominance since coming into the promotion and their ability to use Bischoff to get what they want. They put over Meng and Barbarian and Henning and Windham as savvy veterans

You see what I mean about WCW actually treating all their titles like they mattered

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Same company also had the same three tag teams fight for the belts for about...three years in the mid 90's. Nasty Boys are a plague on mid 90's WCW.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Glacier selling his gear to Kaz Hayashi with Sonny Onoo translating and jacking up the prices is an underrated segment

All of the best underrated segments of WCW involve Disco Inferno for me. Him becoming a member of the reformed NWO after the finger poke of doom, him owing money to Tony Marinara, his music video, him just getting in the ring and dancing DURING matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All of the best underrated segments of WCW involve Disco Inferno for me. Him becoming a member of the reformed NWO after the finger poke of doom, him owing money to Tony Marinara, his music video, him just getting in the ring and dancing DURING matches.

He was a shining light.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whatamark is funny and all, but I love the promos showing Kanyon and Raven's friendship. It is adorable. I can't wait to have it in HDee
Ht82Kie.gif

That was a really good episode of Thunder. Even with the Torrie Wilson POV stuff.
especially with the Torrie Wilson POV stuff
UaLQgKe.gif

What's crazy to me is that there's less modern M-Pro available than there was even during the 90's. Japanese promotions really need to jump on board the internet streaming bandwaggon, even if it's just a VOD subscription service.

Dailymotion has somehow deleted my watch later list full of cool matches that I was totally going to get round to watching at some point, so it can suck a dick

Jamie OD

What's crazy to me is that there's less modern M-Pro available than there was even during the 90's. Japanese promotions really need to jump on board the internet streaming bandwaggon, even if it's just a VOD subscription service.

That exists with Nico Douga. Even then a lot of that stuff just stays within Japan.

kiguel182

That was the last time TNA was decent when Aries won the title. After that it went down hill with the Claire Lynch thing and him being overshadowed by Aces and Eights.

Then after that they gave the title to Hardy to keep him signed and Aries turned into a CM Punk ripoff to drop the title to Hardy.

There is a gif him smirking when he saw Dixie and Jarrett hugging basically telegraphing he is out of this place on Sunday.

I started watching TNA that year (at Lockdown) and the whole Aries stuff was so good. It was really well executed and a great moment.

Then they turned him heel and had him put Jeff Hardy over just because.

Also, the Aces and Eights had a lot of problems but the whole Bully Ray reveal and them going live was great. Lots of good momentum that they also couldn't capitalize. (And Aries should've been the champ until Bully instead of Aries of course).

klonere

Banned
New Day are consistently the most entertaining part of the WWE.

Can't wait for them to get buried and broken up in around 2 months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DC has two things going for it; looks pretty, awesome to play. Plus, there's a ton of content. Best racer of this gen, easily.

I guess if Horizon 2 doesn't count since it saw a 360 release as well... I guess.

Hell, even Forza 5 (probably the worst of the series, compared to the leaps made with the others) is better than #ALRIGHTCLUB because Driveclub is just alright.

Yall gotta broaden your horizons. HOWEVER I guess it's time to do a Fave Five Racing Games

5. Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit PS1
4. Gran Turismo 2
3. Forza Horizon 2
2. Daytona 2001 Dreamcast
1. Outrun Coast 2 Coast - packed with content, this is THE OutRun of the ages and easily the best soundtrack of all racing games ever

F-Zero GX is fine, but can't crack that top 5. Same with F-Zero X. I enjoyed both of them a lot, but not as much as those up there. Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is amazing, but it's just...it can't make it in. And it's better than every Mario Kart.

klonere

Banned
New Day are good, but I'd argue Owens is the most captivating performer on current WWE TV.

Fair point. New Day still get me for just being able to sit back and smile. Its the power of positivity!

I guess if Horizon 2 doesn't count since it saw a 360 release as well... I guess.

Hell, even Forza 5 (probably the worst of the series, compared to the leaps made with the others) is better than #ALRIGHTCLUB because Driveclub is just alright.

Yall gotta broaden your horizons. HOWEVER I guess it's time to do a Fave Five Racing Games

5. Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit PS1
4. Gran Turismo 2
3. Forza Horizon 2
2. Daytona 2001 Dreamcast
1. Outrun Coast 2 Coast - packed with content, this is THE OutRun of the ages and easily the best soundtrack of all racing games ever

F-Zero GX is fine, but can't crack that top 5. Same with F-Zero X. I enjoyed both of them a lot, but not as much as those up there. Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is amazing, but it's just...it can't make it in. And it's better than every Mario Kart.

Alright we doing this?

5. Sega Rally - The arcade machine that sucked down all my money. Still one of the few hold out machines you'll find around the place as well.
4. Mario Kart: DD - The best playing, sounding and feeling Mario Kart.
3. Need For Speed Underground 2 - I probably played this more than any PS2 game.
2. Gran Turismo 4 - The last truly great Gran Turismo
1. Burnout Paradise - Incredible base game that was supported to the level of a Valve multiplayer game. If someone asked me what my favorite PS360 game was this was it.

Grabbed a ticket to see this, mostly for Pentagod & Drago, should be weird seeing wrestling in the Royal Albert Hall;

coYeF3O.jpg

It's agree to disagree time, because Forza's utterly worthless to me :p

Fave Five;

5. Rock n' Roll Racing
4. OutRun Coast 2 Coast
3. Burnout Paradise
2. Project Gotham Racing 2
1. Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now

Sephzilla

Fave Five;

5. Daytona USA
4. OutRun Coast 2 Coast
3. Burnout Paradise

I've never understood the love for Paradise :/ It's Burnout 3 and Revenge except without a snappy menu system that gets you in and out of races fast

Kaladin

I've been playing MLB The Show '15. Damn good game but I suck at hitting. It's been so long since I've played a baseball game and I'm off my game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed a ticket to see this, mostly for Pentagod & Drago, should be weird seeing wrestling in the Royal Albert Hall;

coYeF3O.jpg

Fave Five;

5. Rock n' Roll Racing
4. OutRun Coast 2 Coast
3. Burnout Paradise

Should still be a cool show, looks fun.

Carmageddon II huh? Man, it's been a WHILE. Did you ever try a Horizon game? If not that explains everything.

I'm grappling with omitting one of my favorites - Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Off-Road. My god that game was good, as was RC Pro Am...

Carmageddon II huh? Man, it's been a WHILE. Did you ever try a Horizon game? If not that explains everything.

Haven't played any Horizon, but I guess I can see the open-road thing improving my enjoyment of it - that's the reason I loved the Test Drive Unlimited games, in spite of their numerous flaws.

Carmageddon II's not much of a racer, I admit - although you can complete levels by racing, I almost always did it by blowing up the other racers or running over all the pedestrians. The game's probably one of my top 5 of all time, I was utterly consumed by both Carmageddon & Carmageddon II, amazing games.

Zach

Should still be a cool show, looks fun.

I'm grappling with omitting one of my favorites - Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Off-Road. My god that game was good, as was RC Pro Am...

Probably buying Rare Replay just for RC Pro-Am. >_>

Top Bottom