• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June UltraViolent Wrasslin' |OT| This is Small Potatoes!

Kaladin

So now that same sex marriage is legal everywhere in the US, Vince is going to use the Prime Time Players for a new Billy & Chuck angle, right?

Sephzilla

Wouldn't it be fucking amazing if Eva Marie of all people turned out to be a great asset to the Divas division? If a person who was hired to be a pretty actress for an idiotic reality show and who was dismissed as some kind of toxic contagion who would make women's wrestling in the WWE even more of a bathroom break just randomly had a lot of talent and charisma in the ring?

I'd honestly just be happy if she ended up being a competent wrestler.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wait Marc Mero's finisher was basically a F5 (or vice versa)

both Sable's husband and ex-husband use the same finisher

rfFWukr.gif

Good to see Daytona USA getting some love in here. The PSN port was dope as hell, I played it a week ago and had a blast.

I'm surprised nobody didn't say Sega Rally..

54452-Sega_Rally_Championship_(J)-10.jpg

Are there any good rally racing games these days?

It's pretty much perfect. Fun to play, BLUE SKIES, and that soundtrack is to die for. Only better racing song is

DAYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LET'S GO AWAY

As generic as it sounds, I love me some Splash Wave.

And yes, Daytona is GOAT.

Cagey

Banned
\
Wouldn't it be fucking amazing if Eva Marie of all people turned out to be a great asset to the Divas division? If a person who was hired to be a pretty actress for an idiotic reality show and who was dismissed as some kind of toxic contagion who would make women's wrestling in the WWE even more of a bathroom break just randomly had a lot of talent and charisma in the ring?

She already is. She's already a focal point on their E! reality show which is a more important asset to the WWE than random matches at 9:40pm on Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any good rally racing games these days?

As generic as it sounds, I love me some Splash Wave.

And yes, Daytona is GOAT.

I hear Dirt is going back to its rally roots, but I haven't enjoyed a Dirt game in a while.

Fox318

--AA originally started out as the FU, to mock Lesnar's F5
--Five Knuckle Shuffle is a poor man's People's Elbow
--Does a glorified Hulk Hogan legdrop from the top rope
--Uses a springboard variant of the Stunner

Guys. What if Cena has just been slowly stealing other people's finishers?
How long until he steals the perfect pled?

RP912

Banned
The thing with Ziggler is the fact that everytime the ball is in his court, he somehow flops. His last great hurrah was his feud with Del Rio.

kiguel182

So Dolph isn't quitting?

Well, not surprised nobody cares. His current look and gimmick is a disaster.

He has something going with Big E and AJ but that concussion and the botched face turn kinda killed it.

And now he dresses like he is in a bad hair metal band.
Although bad hair metal band it's a pretty redundant term.

The thing with Ziggler is the fact that everytime the ball is in his court, he somehow flops. His last great hurrah was his feud with Del Rio.

I'd argue that Jack Swagger kicking him right in the fucking face screwed all that up.

And him at Survivor Series last year was absolute magic.

RP912

Banned
So Dolph isn't quitting?

Well, not surprised nobody cares. His current look and gimmick is a disaster.

He has something going with Big E and AJ but that concussion and the botched face turn kinda killed it.

And now he dresses like he is in a bad hair metal band.
Although bad hair metal band it's a pretty redundant term.

Pretty much. Dude was gold during that time. I don't know what the fuck he's trying to accomplish with his new gimmick. Is he a lady killer, a roadie, a jobber, dedicated mid carder, wtf?

kiguel182

Pretty much. Dude was gold during that time. I don't know what the fuck he's trying to accomplish with his new gimmick. Is he a lady killer, a roadie, a jobber, dedicated mid carder, wtf?

Yeah, I don't get it.

I think he's supposed to be a smartass but he looks so ridiculous that he doesn't seem like someone I want to support.

Also, Lana hangs with him but doesn't speak and doesn't do much.

Nothing about this makes sense.

RP912

Banned
Maybe all of them, lol.

So he really is the new Mr. Ass...

Yeah, I don't get it.

I think he's supposed to be a smartass but he looks so ridiculous that he doesn't seem like someone I want to support.

Also, Lana hangs with him but doesn't speak and doesn't do much.

Nothing about this makes sense.

Creative in a nutshell. So many plotholes and sudden changes it'll make Vince Russo look like Paul Heyman.

Top 5 Signature Moves

1. Arn's Spinebuster
2. Shibata's Sleeper Hold
3. Vadersault
4. Punk's knee/bulldog combo
5. Austin's running elbow

1.Balor's Bloody Sunday
2. Bryan's Flying Knee
3. Undertaker's Tombstone Piledriver
4. HBK's Sweet Chin Music
5. Rick's Rude Awakening

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dolph woulda been alright elsewhere, I just have a hard time giving a shit.

Kaladin

Dolph is the archetype of the WWE mid-card jobber.

He had a run with a main event title to make him look legit. Now he's just kind of a a faceless flop guy that has decent to good matches with any jobroni they through at him.

He also has a thinly defined character that can be taken babyface or heel as needed, which is a plus.

It's just a shame that he's stuck in a feud with a guy who is injured.

FAV FIVE WRESTLER NAMES IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER

1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
2. Magnum T.A
3. Andre The Giant
4. Randy Savage
5. Bret 'The Hitman' Hart

WORST FIVE IN NO ORDER

1. Dolph Ziggler
2. Shelton Benjamin
3. Test
4. Drew McIntyre
5. Any Bill Demott name

Zach

I saw that the new WWE game is going to have 120 wrasslers. If NXT is well represented, I may buy that piece of crap. Using this roster listing from reddit, it'd be fun to play as:

Alexa Bliss
Baron Corbin
Bayley (!)
Becky Lynch
Blake & Murphy
THE Brian Kendrick
Bull Dempsey >_>
Charlotte (!)
Dana Brooke
Enzo Amore (!)
Finn Balor
Hideo Itami (!)
Kevin Owens
Marcus Louis (he's the creepy guy, right?)
Mojo Rawley >___>
Sami Zayn
Sasha Banks (!)
Solomon Crowe >______>
The Vaudevillains

Seriously, I could have some fun with that roster. Hopefully the gameplay is improved upon, though. And being able to download a bunch of awesome old-school CAWs is a must, too.

If the NXT roster is included, this will be my first WWE game purchase since No Mercy.
WbWgLZ5.jpg

"Wait! Don't be fooled! It's just the regular, awful WWE game with a stupid NXT roster update! It still contains all the awful glitches and horrible face rendering from before!"

1sNz3i1.jpg

"But it has NXT."
Why do guys like Jim Ross and Steve Austin think he is then? I'm not saying you're wrong (even though I think Ziggler can be great), I just find it curious.
Ross is a company man and Austin is a drunk!

Why do guys like Jim Ross and Steve Austin think he is then? I'm not saying you're wrong (even though I think Ziggler can be great), I just find it curious.

I don't know what Ross and Austin have said specifically about Dolph but I'll conced that he is a workhorse at least. He just manages to be completely unmemorable.

Zach

WbWgLZ5.jpg

"Wait! Don't be fooled! It's just the regular, awful WWE game with a stupid NXT roster update! It still contains all the awful glitches and horrible face rendering from before!"

1sNz3i1.jpg

"But it has NXT."

Ross is a company man and Austin is a drunk!

Well done with the Malibu Stacy parallels. :D

ghostmind

WbWgLZ5.jpg

1sNz3i1.jpg

"But it has NXT."

I'll take the good for the bad. I've avoided the modern WWE games for so long, its my turn to take the hit anyway.

kiguel182

I don't care if Ziggler is the best worker in the business or not.

I care that what he does now bores me to tears and I don't watch wrestling to be bored.

Top Bottom