• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

the 100th episode

100th?!?!?! ROFL.

100? :lol :lol

100 thousandth

100th Episode!

Raw is going into Syndication!

hJ8fg.gif

UberTag

I could so do without Cole and Lawler audibly snickering at their product. I would love to never hear that nonsense ever again.

Yes Vince bury Big Show. I hate when Cole does that fake holding in laughter thing. You wanna see Cole really laugh look up the behind the scenes segments where he shits on Chimmel

krae_man

In early 2003, rookie "Tenacious Z" Zach Gowen was making a name for himself on Midwest independent wrestling scene. It wasn't hard for him to stand out: He was a pretty good high flier who only had one leg.

While he lost his left leg to cancer as a child, he was a good athlete and became proficient at various flips on a trampoline, even when he he didn't have his prosthesis on. He started training at current Ring of Honor manager Truth Martini's wrestling school after he turned 18 and started wrestling (again, without his prosthesis) a couple weeks before his 19th birthday.

In early 2003, he made a couple appearances for TNA, but like many wrestlers who made a shot or two with TNA, he didn't have a contract. With his buzz increasing, WWE talent scouts wanted to sign him before TNA did and told John Laurinaitis (who was being groomed to replace Jim Ross as Vice President of Talent Relations) to sign the one-legged guy they had been hearing.about.

Laurinaitis made some calls to try to find the one-legged guy. A native Floridian, he spoke to some friends who directed him to Steve Chamberland, a big, burly one-legged wrestler who lost the limb in question in a motorcycle accident and wrestled with his prosthesis on.

So yes, not only did he get in touch with the wrong one-legged guy, but the wrong one-legged guy was the complete opposite of Zach Gowen and nobody had ever heard of him.

Nowadays, the urban legend is that Laurinaitis signed Chamberland to a WWE contract. I'd love to confirm that to put the cherry on top of this story, but according to a contemporary report from PWTorch.com, it never got that far.

UberTag

I feel like I've seen this before
Doing something creative and new is what other Junes were all about.
The WWE is rising above that BS with Nexus assaults, CM Punk pipebombs and exploding limos.
This year is all about celebrating the greatness of the status quo. Where every champ is a face and every heel is a spineless coward.

Top Bottom