• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

"Rubix (aka Jigsaw) won't be the only CHIKARA talent appearing in the TNA X-Division championship tournament. The word making the rounds at TV last night was that TNA was hoping to have some sort of relationship going forward. That will certainly be interesting to follow."

pwinsider.com

YES! YES! YES!

Just got home and saw this awesome news. I am super excited to see who TNA will be bringing in and that alot of you will be exposed to some of the CHIKARA talent. For the X Division they could bring in Frightmare, Fire Ant, Gargano, Taylor, Ophidian, Obariyon, Green Ant, Hallowicked, and hell I have to say Ultra Mantis Black just so I can hear him cut a promo on national tv. Should be interesting to see how this develops.

edit.

Guy's Debra is going to get naked if Jarrett loses this match. THANKS SUNFLOWER!!!

Aiii

So not worth it
Just got home and saw this awesome news. I am super excited to see who TNA will be bringing in and that alot of you will be exposed to some of the CHIKARA talent. For the X Division they could bring in Frightmare, Fire Ant, Gargano, Taylor, Ophidian, Obariyon, Green Ant, Hallowicked, and hell I have to say Ultra Mantis Black just so I can hear him cut a promo on national tv. Should be interesting to see how this develops

As long as there's dancing and invicible grenades I'm happy.

Kaladin

Just got home and saw this awesome news. I am super excited to see who TNA will be bringing in and that alot of you will be exposed to some of the CHIKARA talent. For the X Division they could bring in Frightmare, Fire Ant, Gargano, Taylor, Ophidian, Obariyon, Green Ant, Hallowicked, and hell I have to say Ultra Mantis Black just so I can hear him cut a promo on national tv. Should be interesting to see how this develops

I think the only guy on the Chikara roster too big for the X-Division is Eddie Kingston, and that is by 3 pounds.

For the X Division they could bring in Frightmare, Fire Ant, Gargano, Taylor, Ophidian, Obariyon, Green Ant, Hallowicked, and hell I have to say Ultra Mantis Black just so I can hear him cut a promo on national tv. Should be interesting to see how this develops.

I believe both Johnny & Chuck are signed to DGUSA contracts, but hell yeah to the rest - Frightmare would be an excellent pick.

How about a Team TNA for King of Trios? I'd go with AJ, Aries & Joe, or Daniels, Kaz & Ion.

As long as there's dancing and invicible grenades I'm happy.

What about slow mo wrestling? You think america is ready for something like that?

I think the only guy on the Chikara roster too big for the X-Division is Eddie Kingston, and that is by 3 pounds.

They do need a big man, I wish Tursas was still around. Icarus would be the most the hated man in america after only one appearance. His tattoo would be legend.

I believe both Johnny & Chuck are signed to DGUSA contracts, but hell yeah to the rest - Frightmare would be an excellent pick.

How about a Team TNA for King of Trios? I'd go with AJ, Aries & Joe, or Daniels, Kaz & Ion.

I thought I heard something about those two having contracts. Do you think they would have an out clause in order to go to TNA or WWE? As for a KOT team give me Bully Ray, Joe, and Gail Kim.

Floex

Brilliant Impact this week! An extra point for the return of Sonja Dutt

-RVD/Anderson - I don't know what Anderson is on but he has been having some great matches lately. Real solid opner to the show
-Sonjay Dutt is back! - Really hope they finally commit with this guy, great to watch in the ring
-Fantastic segment between Roode and AA. That match is building nicely
-Samoa Joe/Ray - Another solid match that was given time to play out. Both guys came off really well
-Liked the new guy Rashad Cameron to the X-division. Totally onboard with the Rashad Cameron Movement :cool:
-Also liked that Joey Ryan guy, really like the slow build they are doing with him. A much needed heel on the roster
-Like it wasn't going to be, great tag main event. Loved the Kaz, babyface/heel turn
-Storm/Hardy main event next week, yep sign me up

They do need a big man, I wish Tursas was still around.

Tursas was improving, but he was still pretty limited - what happened to Crossbones? I saw him at Anniversario, but why isn't he full time any more?

BillRiccio said:
I thought I heard something about those two having contracts. Do you think they would have an out clause in order to go to TNA or WWE? As for a KOT team give me Bully Ray, Joe, and Gail Kim.

Yeah, they do, for WWE at least, as Moxley was let out of his contract to go join WWE. And that would be an awesome TNA team, I forgot all about Gail. I'd love it if they could get Angle to appear - Kurt vs Eddie for the Grand Championship! Holy crap.

Tursas was improving, but he was still pretty limited - what happened to Crossbones? I saw him at Anniversario, but why isn't he full time any more?

Yeah, they do, for WWE at least, as Moxley was let out of his contract to go join WWE. And that would be an awesome TNA team, I forgot all about Gail. I'd love it if they could get Angle to appear - Kurt vs Eddie for the Grand Championship! Holy crap.

It seems like Crossbones does a show or two a year but that's about it right now.

Kingston vs Angle would be so awesome. Talk about a dream. I'm just suplex after suplex in my mind right now.

Kaladin

Can you imagine if Evolve/DGUSA lost Gargano and Taylor? That would be a huge blow to their main event scene. I know they have guys that would step up like Bobby Fish, AR Fox and Jon Davis, but that would still hurt the promotion big time.

BillRiccio said:
It seems like Crossbones does a show or two a year but that's about it right now.

That's a shame, I was always a fan of his.

BillRiccio said:
We all miss Mr. Zero.....

I'm a relative new comer to CHIKARA, so I ever got to see much of guys like Mr. Zero, Lance Steel, Shane Storm, etc.

In one of my iterations I made mention of a ton of different organizations. In another I quoted your post about Misawa.

That you did, my bad, my memory is atrocious, but I didn't mean to specifically single anyone out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah well, i was cautious before WM, after WM, when they put her face on a PPV poster. And then they kept pushing her. It's been seven months now, fuck caution, she's over, they're chanting her name, she's doing the PR spots, getting the PPV spots, appears on the live shows, she's their go-to girl, so this will end well.

I will be here with open arms in case something bad happens.

io1ODOY14TAGq.gif

so when did this happen?? if its recently i cant believe i missed it lol

also was jigsaw only on TNA for one night??

so when did this happen?? if its recently i cant believe i missed it lol

On tonight's smackdown;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrE9hw0H2jc

TOM f'N CRUISE said:
also was jigsaw only on TNA for one night??

No idea, but PWInsider.com posted this;

"Rubix (aka Jigsaw) won't be the only CHIKARA talent appearing in the TNA X-Division championship tournament. The word making the rounds at TV last night was that TNA was hoping to have some sort of relationship going forward. That will certainly be interesting to follow."

RBH

-- The Undertaker of all people will be the special guest at the FCW show at the Dallas Bull in Tampa, FL, on Wednesday, August 1st, doing a pre-show meet and greet for those who buy $50 golden circle tickets.

-- As noted on the front page, Maxine quit WWE this week, unhappy with the lack of upward mobility. It's really something to see so many women depart the division of their own volition over the past year or so.

-- This Tuesday's Super Smackdown will air live on the Score in Canada.

-- Rashad Cameron, who beat the artist formerly known as Jigsaw on Impact last night (Rubix, who probably won't be the last Chikara star working TNA), is Jeez from Combat Zone and Urban Wrestling fame. And yes, he was on Smackdown a week ago being destroyed in a two-on-one squash by Ryback. Interesting how both companies chose to utilize him. He's working Extreme Reunion this weekend. Mason Andrews works as Scorpio Sky.

-- An early look at The Rock in his new film, Empire State: http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/liam-hemsworth-dwayne-johnson-in-empire-state-first-photos/

-- Otis sent this in: "I don't have the show recorded so can anyone confirm? If you listen closely on TNA tonight, when Taz introduces the show before the first match, I swear he welcomes everyone to Smackdown, but the production booth was able to cut off the "Down" of Smackdown. I suspect they might fix it for the west coast broadcast. Or not."

-- New Mistico update from Kris Zellner: "Mistico II will be making his debut on 8/3 at Arena Mexico and said that he would be bringing his own style to the gimmick and won't rely on the old Mistico's famous moves to succeed. He will incorporate his moves from when he was Dragon Lee and said that he wouldn't use La Mistica as a finisher. He also wants to form a formidable tag team with his brother Rush which should fuel the flames of their detractors. Mistico II has been doing a media tour doing various interviews in print and television as the push for his debut has begun."
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...s-fuel-sonnen-vs-silva-first-airing-tons-more

On tonight's smackdown;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrE9hw0H2jc

No idea, but PWInsider.com posted this;

how the hell is it on youtube already?? it didnt even happen yet!!! lol

thats cool shit for chikara :) TNA TNA TNA

Khrno

-- The Undertaker of all people will be the special guest at the FCW show at the Dallas Bull in Tampa, FL, on Wednesday, August 1st, doing a pre-show meet and greet for those who buy $50 golden circle tickets.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...s-fuel-sonnen-vs-silva-first-airing-tons-more

Oh look, he's coming back to do some work?

Wonder if he's really not going to have any more matches before WM next year. Some people in the roster (Bryan, Ziggler, Rhodes) could do feuding with him during the fall.

Australian wrestler Tenille Tayla, who previously worked for SHIMMER until signig with WWE last March, has finally reported to FCW after undergoing surgery and a lengthy recovery to repair her injured shoulder;

http://www.diva-dirt.com/2012/06/30/wwe-signed-independent-star-finally-reporting-to-fcw/

iNaqCV4CvLCR5.jpg

Shame you missed out on the epic Lance Steel/Lance Steel/dragon dragon feud

Yeah, I've been meaning to go back and at least get all of the season review DVDs. Any specific pre-2007 shows you, or other CHIKARA aficionados could recommend?

chriswok said:
Just had a quick look on youtube for the match where he teamed with La Parka but its not on there (unsurprisingly).

Lol, La Parka is awesome.

Top Bottom