• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
iIZXdkz9afc6D.png

What a star studded cast of last minute bad guys.

Approaching October 2000 on my wrestling re-watch (which is basically watching any wrestling I can find in chronological order), however I'm mainly excited about getting to 2001 as the amount of indy wrestling available explodes.

Awesome man, 2001 was a great year - I mainly remember it for three AMAZING tournaments;

. APW King of the Indies - an awesome Danielson vs Doug Williams match, my first time seeing Ki vs Joe and Daniels vs AJ, and an epic final.

. ECWA Super 8 - Reckless Youth, Low Ki, Danielson & Spanky all being awesome.

. IWA-MS Sweet Science Sixteen - Adam Pearce, Ace Steel, Hero, Whitmer, Quack, etc.

Fun times, and CZW was killing it during that era too - I remember an amazing Zandig vs Lobo feud, although that may have been from 2000.

Awesome man, 2001 was a great year - I mainly remember it for three AMAZING tournaments;

. APW King of the Indies - an awesome Danielson vs Doug Williams match, my first time seeing Ki vs Joe and Daniels vs AJ, and an epic final.

. ECWA Super 8 - Reckless Youth, Low Ki, Danielson & Spanky all being awesome.

. IWA-MS Sweet Science Sixteen - Adam Pearce, Ace Steel, Hero, Whitmer, Quack, etc.

Fun times, and CZW was killing it during that era too - I remember an amazing Zandig vs Lobo feud, although that may have been from 2000.

I've got the first 2, and a September's worth of OVW TV (as well as a Christmas Show). Need to find more IWA-MS stuff though, as their 2001/02 Roster looks like a who's who of Indy Wrestling in the making.

xTkXE.png

Who wants it? Lol.

I've got the first 2, and a September's worth of OVW TV (as well as a Christmas Show). Need to find more IWA-MS stuff though, as their 2001/02 Roster looks like a who's who of Indy Wrestling in the making.

Yeah, it was crazy how much talent came through IWA-MS that year, and it's probably what the company will be best remembered for (either that, or Ian Rotten's hilariously inept promoting). SMV have the Sweet Science Sixteen DVD from that year, but a lot of the other 2001 shows seem to be only stocked on VHS.

somedevil

xTkXE.png

Who wants it? Lol.

Yeah, it was crazy how much talent came through IWA-MS that year, and it's probably what the company will be best remembered for (either that, or Ian Rotten's hilariously inept promoting). SMV have the Sweet Science Sixteen DVD from that year, but a lot of the other 2001 shows seem to be only stocked on VHS.

I took it. Looking for an avatar for a long time.

Listening to Colt Cobana's podcast alongside this has been really good, as he talks to guys I had never heard of then I suddenly see their names on shows and think 'Oh hey its that guy!'.

Aiii

So not worth it
Btw, I don't know about you guys, but I can see that green hatted guy just fine. I wish I couldn't see him. But he's always there damnit!

Jesus fuck, has Rock been hitting the Vita-rays?

Btw, I don't know about you guys, but I can see that green hatted guy just fine. I wish I couldn't see him. But he's always there damnit!

John Cena has set the progress made by blind wrestlers in This Business back by hundreds of years

Top Bottom