• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

Khrno

tumblr_m4yxx8Jbc51qgvz2q.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I very much doubt they'll ever fire Eddie's widow.

Take her off TV, maybe, but fire? no way.

They fired Dawn Marie while she was pregnant after they told her they wouldn't. They fired Droz after being responsible for paralyzing him. They fired Bulldog's son.

Khrno

They fired Dawn Marie while she was pregnant after they told her they wouldn't. They fired Droz after being responsible for paralyzing him. They fired Bulldog's son.

The didn't fire Kharma. However I don't see any reason why they would have to keep Harry Smith signed when there were no plans for him or he wasn't meeting their expectations. This is a totally different situation than Vickie's.

NoRéN;38459685 said:
lol. Really? Of all the crap going on that's meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator, Cena is "the epitome of stupid stupidity"?

Exaggeration is the spice of life.

But yes really, Cena is the epitome of badness. And not like slang bad either.

G-Fex

Vickie is so tiresome, its the same old shit, she brings out those two jobbers to job to some idiots.

They need to change this crap, its like Cena bad.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
During an interview earlier this year with Pro Wrestling Torch Livecast (available here), Mates reacted to the negative sentiment within some WWE circles that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was “stealing someone else’s spot.” He feels the resentment actually stems from jealousy that Johnson found success outside of the walls of WWE, with Triple H being the driving force behind the negativity.

“I know that a lot of the stuff that [John] Cena has said about Rock and his feelings towards Rock sound like something that would be coming directly from, you know Mr. Helmsley and his view,” Mates stated.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

This is not true whatsoever. I know for a fact Droz is still on WWE's payroll. Vince has already set him up financially for the rest of his life.

CM Punk says that there is a new design for the WWE Title coming soon (and it's 20 lbs heavier than the current spinner belt, according to Punk):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw3qbS4l59o#t=33m7s

Well, he did say they were making another one after he said it was 20 pounds heavier than that one.

New belt design?!

Punk didn't sound too enthused by it. He said he saw the new belt and this was his quote: "I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but I'm not sure it looks better than this one."

I cannot wait to see what atrocity they cooked up if this new belt is supposedly 20 pounds heavier than Cena's gigantic eyesore belt.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I totally expect this part of gaf to go down in an hour and return sometime Thursday

I encourage you all to invade the Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 thread on the gaming side for rasslin talk.

Striker

As much as I loved The Rock back in the day, I haven't really enjoyed very many of his promos for his return either. Turns out he's kind of a one trick pony that can only do gay jokes (which, really, in 2012 we're supposed to be waaaaaay past, right?)
You described Cena in his Thuganomics gimmick, where he relied on gay jokes. You must've not watched much of the Attitude Era if you believe Rock's thing was gay jokes.

Going by the youtube comments, they loved it. I believe it gained viewers too.
I know it didn't lose, because it was in the beginning of the show. It was just a really bad segment and a boring one. Nothing was ever added to the story or show until the final parts where Eve came out and handed them the note from the Board of Directors. Throughout the rest was just mind-numbingly bad comedy and filler. Waste of 13 minutes.

As mediocre as Bret Hart was on the stick, his heel rant was something to watch.

His turn reminded me what Jericho did in his heel turn back in his second comeback. He ranted about how Michaels can do this and that and remained cheered, but if he himself did those things he would get booed. Said truthful things, but was somehow the bad guy.

Aiii

So not worth it
You described Cena in his Thuganomics gimmick, where he relied on gay jokes. You must've not watched much of the Attitude Era if you believe Rock's thing was gay jokes.

It's lots of people's thing actually.

And Punk likes to do his no-balls shtick, which is right up there with gay jokes.

The new belt has hustle loyalty respect engrained on it in the middle with diamonds with WWE World Champion above it. They did away with the name plate on this one and just went ahead and engrained John Cena's name on the belt. On the left side it has a picture engrained in rubies of Cena giving the salute and on the right side it has him engrained in diamonds holding someone in the stf.

XenoRaven

Well, he did say they were making another one after he said it was 20 pounds heavier than that one.

Punk didn't sound too enthused by it. He said he saw the new belt and this was his quote: "I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but I'm not sure it looks better than this one."
Didn't he say that the current belt is already ridiculously heavy compared to a normal title belt? This is going to be interesting.

Edgeward

So, somehow they will make the belt even more gaudy and out of place in comparison to all the rest of the belts? That's the feeling I'm getting now. =(

Striker

So, somehow they will make the belt even more gaudy and out of place in comparison to all the rest of the belts? That's the feeling I'm getting now. =(
You know it. Look how awful they made the Diva's belt. From the classy look of the Woman's Championship to... that.

They should just unify the belts and use one anyway.

Top Bottom