• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Just press A, SoulPlaya, you can skip the guards easily.
Hmmmmm. . . . . . . . true, true. Your keen strategic sense has proved your worth, once again, Khrono.

KEeV9.jpg
Indubitably.

rccF5.png

gnjtZ.jpg

e2Aos.jpg

Uncle Dana and his Ultimates.

62Jge.png

0cFhC.jpg

Bellator and the Spartans.

LXX8d.png

9B6vu.jpg

The only all female mma company.

69DTE.png

c3bUe.jpg

Super Street Fight League

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Mixed Martial Entertainments! We are all sports!

Yes, that was the guy I was talking about. His name escaped me.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Oh man, gotta explain you everything? Khrno ≠ Khrono
Yeah, I know, but I don't care. Chrono Cross is my favorite game ever, and Trigger is in my top 10. I like Chrono. Khrono sounds like it. Khrno is close enough. So, you're Khrono, or now, Chrono. It's how I like to live my life. Ignore the facts, and redress everything to fit what I want.

Now what?

hertog

you know what... I'm drunk. So I'll be honest.

Fuck you Cena, and go away from one my most beloved things on television.
You've been the worst thing that ever happened to the WWE and everything would be so much better if you're gone for at least 2 years.

Just wanted to post this little snippet of Sean Radican's CHIKARASAURUS REX review because it's exactly the opposite of what WWE provides on a weekly basis.

-This was an awesome ladder match with fantastic heat. Once gain CHIKARA storylines paid off and the fans were invested in a big way in this match. Icarus was so good as a heel here that it made Akuma’s win that much sweeter.

DKehoe

Just wanted to post this little snippet of Sean Radican's CHIKARASAURUS REX review because it's exactly the opposite of what WWE provides on a weekly basis.

There is a very little detail about an angle in Chikara that to me exemplifies them not treating their audience like idiots. When the BDK unveiled themselves and Quackenbush saw Ares was part of it he immediately turned to Claudio (a face up until this point) with a look of "oh shit, you too?" before being attacked by him. Ares was Claudio's former tag partner so it only made sense that Claudio would be in on it too. Babyfaces don't have to be gullible idiots.

That shouldn't have been the end of it - they should have had Tatsu keep asking for remtches and keep losing them, but also give him a new spark of hope each match - this time he staggers Tensai with punches, next time he actually knocks him off his feet, the time after that maybe he could come close to hitting his finisher. Big Johnny would then refuse to give Tatsu any more rematches, but due to Tatsu repeatedly interrupting Tensai promos & matches, attacking him backstage, etc, Tensai demands a match at PPV where, even if Yoshi doesn't beat him, he comes off looking strong by working a match more than two minutes long and by getting in some good offence. All that could have been accomplished in a month, and just maybe people might have given a crap about both guys afterwards. Instead, Tatsu remains a perennial jobber, while Tensai remains the big guy no one cares about, whose style is slow and has been neutered and who only ever appears as a means for Big Johnny to punish someone.

This would've pleased everyone. :(

Chikara is the best fed in America right now. Wish they had a weekly show on cable. On tv it goes to TNA. I think we all know how the Vince McMahon thing is going to play out next week. McMahon opens the show and says he will make a decision by the end of the show on whether to fire Laurinitis or not. End of show comes, Vince brings Laurinitis out to the ring, says Youuuuuuuuuuurre and then Cena's music hits. Cena doesn't want him to get fired before he gets one more chance to beat him in the ring. It's a handicap match at the ppv. Laurinitis being fired is forgotten since McMahon was interrupted before he could do it.

Chikara is the best fed in America right now. Wish they had a weekly show on cable. On tv it goes to TNA. I think we all know how the Vince McMahon thing is going to play out next week. McMahon opens the show and says he will make a decision by the end of the show on whether to fire Laurinitis or not. End of show comes, Vince brings Laurinitis out to the ring, says Youuuuuuuuuuurre and then Cena's music hits. Cena doesn't want him to get fired before he gets one more chance to beat him in the ring. It's a handicap match at the ppv. Laurinitis being fired is forgotten since McMahon was interrupted before he could do it.

Teddy Long reinstated as General Manager of Smackdown.

It still did a sub 3 RAW rating, about the same as the week before except the week before was a holiday.

Holiday had nothing to do with the rating last week and everything to do with Hatfield and McCoys, no Cena, and just general apathy for anything not related to him. Great thing about this show is the 18-34 demo was the lowest of the year. Anything sub 3 is still horrible. They'll be routinely doing 2.5s by the end of the year unless drastic changes are made.

TheNatural

My Member!
Holiday had nothing to do with the rating last week and everything to do with Hatfield and McCoys, no Cena, and just general apathy for anything not related to him. Great thing about this show is the 18-34 demo was the lowest of the year. Anything sub 3 is still horrible. They'll be routinely doing 2.5s by the end of the year unless drastic changes are made.

The point being, this weeks rating was about as equal as last weeks rating because of holiday TV competition, so it's not like Cena had any effect at all.

I'd pay money to see, I don't know, who's an mma fighter? Ken Shamrock? Ok.

I'd pay money to see Ken Shamrock pour barbecue sauce on Joe Rogan.

Top Bottom