• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin |OT| When you lose, you're a jobber, when you win, you're Cena.

rccF5.png

gnjtZ.jpg

e2Aos.jpg

Uncle Dana and his Ultimates.

62Jge.png

0cFhC.jpg

Bellator and the Spartans.

LXX8d.png

9B6vu.jpg

The only all female mma company.

69DTE.png

c3bUe.jpg

Super Street Fight League

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Mixed Martial Entertainments! We are all sports!

There's Indian mma? Cool.

Wave Race 64 - Nov 4th; Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Williams) - Nov 11th; Cruis'n USA 64 (Nintendo) and Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey (Williams) - Nov 18th; Killer Instinct Gold (Nintendo) - Nov 25th; Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (Acclaim) - Mid-November; Blast Corps, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire, and Tetrisphere - Dec 2nd; NBA Hangtime (Williams) - Dec 9th.

I know you aren't trying to say those are quality titles.

Scores from IGN and correct launch dates.

MK Trilogy 4.1 - 11/14/96
Cruisin USA 4 - 12-3-96
Gretzky 7.1 - 11/14/96
Killer Instinct Gold 6.5 - 11/25/96
Turok 8.6 - 2/28/97
Blast Corps 9 - 3/24/97
Star Wars 6.5 - 12/3/96
Tetris 8 - 8/11/97
NBA Hangtime 5.4 - 1/17/97

As you can see not exactly all quality software.

tm24

Big Shad is angry and ranting on twitter

"Wow... What type of un original person tries to bite off of Someone Else's gimmick?," Gaspard wrote. "PRIME-TIME-PLAYER? MILLIONS OF DOLLORS? Really? TWITTWER! why didnt any one tell me about this BS... Prime time player are you s--tting me!?

"@TitusONeilWWE @DarrenYoungWWE Pleas DON'T respond back to me BC your charisma is lacking, you style is jacking, & just cause you play with your self don't make you boyz player. If you're a little confused, I am talking trash, so sit back BC in this tweet I'm going to Textually beat that ass. If Cryme Tyme was in the ring we would do more than just beat you down. You wont hear No PTP, no milly milly. Just a bunch of @WWE fans cheering 'Whoop them clowns'. So try to be original, stop trying to be hood. Ain't nothing worst than some posers like you who don't even do it good. #CRYMETYME4L"

"@DarrenYoungWWE sit down with your half brother @JohnCena , ask him for advice, I think you took his 'You cant see me' comment a little to literal, BC for the last 4yrs no one has seen you. Every time you popped up Ron Simmons says, 'Damn! Cena Got a tan!' … #CRYMETYME4L

"@TitusONeilWWE go read your motivational book, you know the little engine that could, but this time so you don't bite my style stop saying 'I think I'm shad. I think I'm shad. I think I'm shad.' And start saying 'I wish I would'. 'I wish I would stop barking' 'I wish I would stop clapping begging to the fans to cheer for me.' 'I wish I would clos my mouth BC I look like Bubba Gump.' I wish I would stop licking the office ass, because every time I talk, I really talk s--t' 'I WISH I WOULS----.' #CRYMETYME4L"

Rumored SD spoilers, no detail and no idea if legit

Christian defeating Dolph Ziggler
Alberto Del Rio defeated Great Khali
Ryback defeating two locals.
Sin Cara defeating Shannon Moore
Sheamus defeating Kane in a caged main event

DMczaf

Rumored SD spoilers, no detail and no idea if legit

Christian defeating Dolph Ziggler
Alberto Del Rio defeated Great Khali
Ryback defeating two locals.
Sin Cara defeating Shannon Moore
Sheamus defeating Kane in a caged main event

Rerun something something.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
WTF at those spoilers. Sounds totally terrible. You know, at the beginning of the brand split, they had two prominent shows that were must watch in order to keep up with the storylines. Now, there is just one. You can stop watching SD! completely, and you won't miss anything of consequence.

G-Fex

WTF at those spoilers. Sounds totally terrible. You know, at the beginning of the brand split, they had two prominent shows that were must watch in order to keep up with the storylines. Now, there is just one. You can stop watching SD! completely, and you won't miss anything of consequence.

Smackdown always sucked, no wonder they kicked it off UPN.

*beats up bean breath*

You can stop watching Raw too and miss nothing of consequence.

tm24

You can stop watching SD! completely, and you won't miss anything of consequence.

Maybe not!

AJ popped out from a dark corner after a backstage interview with Kane. She then came out for the finish of the TV main event... it was sort of confusing from where I sat, but she played a role in the finish.

I have a little hope left.

I know that. I've seen you act like TNA's battered wife for nearly a year.

-It'll be good after Victory Road when Bobby Roode is the champ

-It'll be good after they fire Vince Russo

-It'll be good after they go live.

-It'll be good after they fire Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Maybe not!

AJ popped out from a dark corner after a backstage interview with Kane. She then came out for the finish of the TV main event... it was sort of confusing from where I sat, but she played a role in the finish.
So, her new gimmick is
she costs whoever she's currently into matches? That's what they got out of WM. It's clear that they're setting up a Bryan win at NWO with her and him getting back together. Thus far, she's screwed over Kane and Punk.

So, her new gimmick is
she costs whoever she's currently into matches? That's what they got out of WM. It's clear that they're setting up a Bryan win at NWO with her and him getting back together. Thus far, she's screwed over Kane and Punk.

It seems to me like they're setting up for
Kane to put her over at SummerSlam.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
OK, here are my new predictions for NWO. Bryan will win the title by pinning Kane, with AJ assisting him. They'll be back together. Since Kane took the fall, and going by WWE logic, that means Kane is out of the picture. That sets up Bryan/Punk rematch at the next PPV. Bryan wins somehow, with AJ assistance. Then, Bryan goes on to feud with Cena over the title.

It seems to me like they're setting up for
Kane to put her over at SummerSlam.
Yeah, she wants to be on top of him.

Full Smackdown Spoilers

Alberto Del Rio opens with a recap of his attack on Sheamus on Raw. Ricardo Rodriguez is missing. Sheamus’s music hits, but it’s Rodriguez dressed up like Sheamus, including bright white tights and shirt to emulate Sheamus’s skin. He does a hilarious imitation of Sheamus as Del Rio interviews him. The real Sheamus comes out, and they end up brawling up the ramp. Teddy Long appears, dressed in a normal (for him, not for the rest of us) suit but with the big nametag. He says that the show is in his hands tonight, per John Laurinaitis, and he’s booking Sheamus vs. Kane as the main event and Del Rio vs. Khali to open the show immediately.

(1) Alberto Del Rio beat The Great Khali via submission. Del Rio attacks Khali’s knees, then softens the arm, and Khali taps to the cross arm-breaker. Rodriguez interferes a bit, too. Typical “smaller heel beats Khali by attacking the knees” match. The crowd goers nuts for Khali, I don’t get it.

Baskstage, Naomi and Cameron dance for Teddy Long, and then Brodus Clay shows up. Long tells him that he is now permanently on Smackdown. Clay gets serious and says that he will treat his opponent tonight as if he is Big Show.

(2) Brodus Clay beat Derrick Bateman. Bateman gets squashed by Clay in a minute or two, then Clay dances with kids. I am a huge fan of both of these guys, but I was sad to see Bateman tossed out here like this.

(3) Sin Cara beat Drew McIntyre. This was basically a spotfest to make Sin Cara look good. McIntyre did his role like a pro. Sin Cara botched one move badly and McIntyre acted like it connected, very awkward. Sin Cara won with his DDT finisher.

Post-match (and not likely to go on TV from what I can tell), McIntyre cut a promo demanding that an authority figure come out and explain why he isn’t in the main event status. Triple H came out, hit a Pedigree, and left again.

(4) Ryback beat Two Local Jobbers. You’ve seen this match before. Of course, the jobbers were from Clemson to get the Columbia audience riled up. Ryback changed it up a bit to keep the match formula fresh. The crowd loves Ryback, lots of “Feed! Me! More!” and “Finish It!” chants.

The crew was setting up for the Peep Show, but deliberately didn’t finish in time so Cody Rhodes could come out and destroy the half-assembled set. He ranted about Christian, who then came out. Rhodes reminds everyone that Christian was last seen as a heel, and says that no one is buying it. Christian finally explains his turn, and says that when he inducted Edge into the HOF, he had a moment of clarity and realized that he wants to be remembered for being a winner of championships, not someone who always whined for “one more match.” Good for them to do this. Dolph Ziggler interrupted for his match with Christian.

(5) IC champion Christian beat Dolph Ziggler in a non-title match. Good, long match. Christian won at the end with the frog splash. The crowd struggled to get into it, though.

Raw Rebound.

Michael Cole got on the mic and asked everyone to “move on” past the mess from Monday. JR’s music hit and the crowd went NUTS. Hornswoggle came out dressed as JR, and people were pretty disappointed, actually. He bantered with Cole. Damien Sandow came out and verbally eviscerated Hornswoggle. Quote of the night: “I am the avenging sword of taste and decency.” I want a shirt that says that. Tyson Kidd saves Hornswoggle, and Sandow leaves the ring. As Kidd and Hornswoggle celebrate, Sandow sneaks back in and beats up Kidd, hitting his neckbreaker finisher and doing the lazy sprawl on Kidd, then a cartwheel.

Backstage, Striker interviews Kane. Basic “I’m going to get the title” promo from Kane. Striker asks about the look between Kane and A.J. on Raw, and Kane ignores it and stomps off. A.J. then appears from behind some crates. Wow, she’s stealing Johnny Curtis’s gimmick!

Teddy Long on the ramp introduces Antonio Cesaro and “his lover, Aksana."

(6) Antonio Cesaro (w/Aksana) beat Jimmy Uso. Quick squash for Cesaro, who looked like a million bucks in victory. They forced Teddy Long to raise his hand at the end.

(7) World Hvt. champion Sheamus beat Kane via DQ. About what you’d expect, right down to the DQ finish as Del Rio cleared Kane from the ring and beat up Sheamus. Kane re-entered, cleared Del Rio, but then A.J. made eyes at him from the ramp, letting Sheamus beat up Kane and send him packing.

OK, here are my new predictions for NWO. Bryan will win the title by pinning Kane, with AJ assisting him. They'll be back together. Since Kane took the fall, and going by WWE logic, that means Kane is out of the picture. That sets up Bryan/Punk rematch at the next PPV. Bryan wins somehow, with AJ assistance. Then, Bryan goes on to feud with Cena over the title.

Kane is definitely getting pinned, but I think CM Punk is going to retain.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane is definitely getting pinned, but I think CM Punk is going to retain.
Then, Bryan will be getting the title at the next PPV, but it's clear that him and AJ are going to be revealed as behind some master plot to fuck with Punk and Kane. I still say that a Bryan/Cena feud over the title is the next logical step. There's literally no one left for either to feud with.

Then, Bryan will be getting the title at the next PPV, but it's clear that him and AJ are going to be revealed as behind some master plot to fuck with Punk and Kane. I still say that a Bryan/Cena feud over the title is the next logical step. There's literally no one left for either to feud with.

Each one will be fed a monster heel/face: Babyface Brodus Clay for Bryan and a more heelish than current Ryback for Cena.

Punk will still have the title and feud with Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
As badly as you want to see the top ratings draw against the black hole ratings killer, to see what the ratings will be, it's just not happening.

Not yet anyway.
So, Punk goes over at NWO. Bryan gets back with AJ, and that's it? What kind of company do you think you're watching here?

So, Punk goes over at NWO. Bryan gets back with AJ, and that's it? What kind of company do you think you're watching here?

Punk wins at NWO via help from AJ. Punk/AJ relationship. Then AJ costs Punk the title at Summerslam when she turns heel. They need to do the title change at Summerslam or they are going to flip flop the title with Punk or Cena winning it back at Summerslam.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Punk wins at NWO via help from AJ. Punk/AJ relationship. Then AJ costs Punk the title at Summerslam when she turns heel. They need to do the title change at Summerslam or they are going to flip flop the title with Punk or Cena winning it back at Summerslam.
Why would AJ wait until then to turn heel?

Punk beats Kane. AJ is Punk's valet. Kane is swept to the side. Bryan either goes to Smackdown or is put in an angle with a midtier belt (Christian or Santino) or Brodus Clay or all of the above.

Why would AJ wait until then to turn heel?

She's crazy(WWE Logic) but in reality NWO is too small a show for Punk to lose the title. He's been champion for a while now It should mean something when he loses it. The only reason i can see them changing the title is for the ratings and then whoever wins it will quickly lose it to Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
She's crazy(WWE Logic) but in reality NWO is too small a show for Punk to lose the title. He's been champion for a while now It should mean something when he loses it. The only reason i can see them changing the title is for the ratings and then whoever wins it will quickly lose it to Cena.
This whole "title changes can only occur at huge shows" really needs to stop. It's neutering the TV product. Your way can certainly happen, though.

Top Bottom