• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindoc

Everything about the I-Rex sounds like a mutant Raptor, right down to the behavior. Killing for sport, eating it's own sibling. They are so out of ideas.
"So out of ideas"?

This feels like maybe the first time since the original that they've HAD an idea, actually. I find it incredibly interesting.
It's not an idea. It's the plot from The Ghost and The Darkness.

What the eff are talking about?

"Not all that slasher-villainy-esque"? In the latest trailer there's a scene where she basically slaughtered all Apatosauruses "just because".

LOL I know, but it definitely doesn't seem Spinosaurus-level where it'd pop up literally everywhere the protagonists was as if it had fucking premonition.

Indominus seems just an overly aggressive predator.

It's not an idea. It's the plot from The Ghost and The Darkness.

Just read the plot and it couldn't be any more different, The Lion King has more in common with Jurassic World than that film does.

Indominus seems just an overly aggressive predator.

That's what happens when you splice together different predators such as Raptor and T-Rex.

It is explained in The Lost World novel that because the raptors were laboratory bred they were acting purely on instinct rather than learning behavior from the parents as they would had they been born millions of years ago. The raptors in TLW killed for sport and had lots of infighting within their pack.

qBYOyCv.jpg

That title. :lol

This could have very well changed, but last I heard the trailer will drop AFTER SW 7's trailer.

Perhaps we will get a TV Spot style sizzle reel after the clip.

Also, if you want to stay a little more spoiler free.. skip the next trailer.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
wellthereitis.gif

Not bad, reminds me of the Hammond / Nedry scene in JP, get backstory but in a (semi) believable conversation.

Snaku

Banned
wellthereitis.gif

Not bad, reminds me of the Hammond / Nedry scene in JP, get backstory but in a (semi) believable conversation.

Yeah, I thought it was okay. Felt a bit awkward with no setup or context, and I feel it'll flow better once I see the scene in the film itself.

Read most of the screener spoilers. Surprisingly don't feel that bad about it, when in most cases I immediately regret it. I tried to stay clear of detailes
death
spoilers though.

It sounds cool, certainly better than 3 on paper so far, even if it seems to take a few too many beats from JP. His ratings as it being the second best also is a good sign, (even though I love TLW still and would give it a solid 7 or 8 to his 5).

Read most of the screener spoilers. Surprisingly don't feel that bad about it, when in most cases I immediately regret it. I tried to stay clear of detailes
death
spoilers though.

It sounds cool, certainly better than 3 on paper so far, even if it seems to take a few too many beats from JP. His ratings as it being the second best also is a good sign, (even though I love TLW still and would give it a solid 7 or 8 to his 5).

Everyone keeps talkin' 'bout this screener post. I can't find it.

Not that I'd, you know, want to.

raindoc

This is for those who seem to have an issue with "Trained" Raptors...
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=816101381734652&fref=nf
Definitely not the type of image you would have of an animal like this.. doesn't mean he isn't dangerous, though.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocho_(crocodile)
Shedden, an area fisherman, tour guide, and naturalist from Siquirres, Limón Province, Costa Rica, discovered a dying male crocodile in 1991, weighing only a skinny 150 pounds on the banks of the Reventazón River, close to death. Upon closer examination, Shedden discovered the crocodile, shot in the head through the left eye, was alone and helpless. The crocodile had been shot by a local cattle farmer while preying on a herd of cows. Shedden took the crocodile home in his boat. For six months, Shedden fed the crocodile chicken, fish and medicine, sleeping with it at night in his home.

[...]

For more than twenty years, Shedden swam with Pocho the crocodile in the river outside his home, mostly at night, talking and playing with Pocho while hugging, kissing and caressing him. Pocho the crocodile would always come to Shedden when his name 'Pocho' was called.

[...]

One of Pocho's favorite practical jokes was to rush at Shedden with his mouth open when Shedden entered the water, but he would close his mouth before he got too close, preferring his usual kiss on his snout instead.

So many feels... and then this happens:
Pocho died of natural causes in the water outside Shedden's home in Siquirres on October 12, 2011. After the first 'human' style public funeral ever given a crocodile and attended by human friends and admirers, at which Shedden sang to his departed pet and held his 'hand', Pocho, a national treasure of Costa Rican culture, was stuffed.

strafer

So judging by the clip it seems Pratt already knows about the dinosaurs. I thought he was going in completely blind.

Guess he's been working with them for a while.

Razmos

The clip doesn't even work for me because of their shitty player, it starts loading and then it comes up with "Replay video?" as If I'd watched it.

From the description though, I am shocked and surprised that the male and female lead are flirting, never would have expected they would probably end up together by the end. God I hope they don't shoehorn a romance into this.

"Lets have an attractive male lead, and an attractive female lead... and make them fall in love!"
"Genius, give this man a pay rise"

The clip is...okay. Not bad, not great. Dialogue and their interaction feels a little awkward, but maybe it will be better in the context of the rest of the movie/their relationship.

So judging by the clip it seems Pratt already knows about the dinosaurs. I thought he was going in completely blind.

Guess he's been working with them for a while.

Yeah, I believe he has been working with raptors for a while at this point.

From the description though, I am shocked and surprised that the male and female lead are flirting, never would have expected they would probably end up together by the end. God I hope they don't shoehorn a romance into this.

"Lets have an attractive male lead, and an attractive female lead... and make them fall in love!"
"Genius, give this man a pay rise"

Yeah, I'm hoping it stays an awkward flirtation and doesn't actually develop into a romance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom