• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
If anything, you can pretend like 3 never happened. There's nothing -too- important from that one. Well, except for maybe the Spino skeleton in the park now. Oh, and one less (dopey-eyed) bull rex :/
In some of the materials on the JA / misrani sites the ptterodons that escape in 3 end up terrorizing canada and Hoskins manages the response.

strafer

in this spanish featurette Chris is being interviewed in what looks like the old visitors center.

http://www.antena3.com/se-estrena/n...amos-rodaje-jurassic-world_2015050100124.html

Raptor head;

RTSkMt1.png

YKuoCRs.jpg

Raptor Head;

jurassicpark_trex.jpg

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Examining the old center further:
-the banner is off to the right side
-I miss Crash's art :( Top-notch

Yikes, I can't believe they spoiled that in the marketing!

I should bump the production thread for the sake of less spoilers.

Oh, BTW, the toys are officially released at Toys R Us and some select Walmarts!

It's a little old but is this real guys:

jurassic-world-has-a-new-set-of-toys-developed-by-hasbro-for-the-upcoming-movie-premiere-june-12-2015.jpg

Apparently a prototype?

Photoshopped.

A guy told me that JP 2 and 3 are no longer canon, he was wrong, am I right?

Nah, they're still canon.

Yikes, I can't believe they spoiled that in the marketing!

What with all of the internet critics judging the movie solely based on a trailer without context, I'm sure they needed to show a bit more where they're going (even though people cried "spoilers" for the trailer). I personally can't care less about the I-rex plot points (the trailer) and instead look forward to the inner workings and character dynamics and where this journey goes.

Though the dino stuff is welcome as well.

LastNac

I was trying to get a picture of everything, but ran out of room:
Chris, you make me proud.

I expected to do well this morning but I arrived 10 minutes after the door opened at Toy's R Us and a 10 year old had filled his cart up with just about everything in stock, leaving only an I Rex left. His mom told me that he had taken the day off from school; his total had run up to roughly $200.

I was on a mission to pick up something for my nephew and brother, but the thing is, I ain't even mad. Great to see young people getting hyped about JP again. Honestly, I remembered being an 11 year old back in 2001 filling up a cart too.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really not a fan of the plastic-y t-rex figures. The original and their rubbery goodness were awesome! (Never did get one...) Big I-Rex looks great though! The smaller kids' dino lines look great in their stylized cartoony way :)

If anything though, I'm mostly curious on the poster in the back.

Btw, if you go hunting for the JW toys.. they are all spread out in different locations. Jada and Matchbox are with the diecast cars, PlaySkool will be in Preschool, Hasbro in 'boys', Lego in 'learning'/lego areas.

I think there are other products that we don't know about, so basically.. hunt everywhere!

Chris, you make me proud.

I expected to do well this morning but I arrived 10 minutes after the door opened at Toy's R Us and a 10 year old had filled his cart up with just about everything in stock, leaving only an I Rex left. His mom told me that he had taken the day off from school; his total had run up to roughly $200.

I was on a mission to pick up something for my nephew and brother, but the thing is, I ain't even mad. Great to see young people getting hyped about JP again. Honestly, I remembered being an 11 year old back in 2001 filling up a cart too.

Awww, omg, that story is awesome. I mean, too bad you were beat to the punch, but that's great hearing how excited the kid was! What area was this in anyways?

LastNac

Btw, if you go hunting for the JW toys.. they are all spread out in different locations. Jada and Matchbox are with the diecast cars, PlaySkool will be in Preschool, Hasbro in 'boys', Lego in 'learning'/lego areas.

I think there are other products that we don't know about, so basically.. hunt everywhere!

Awww, omg, that story is awesome. I mean, too bad you were beat to the punch, but that's great hearing how excited the kid was! What area was this in anyways?
It was Kentucky. Lexington's only Toys R Us.

bengraven

Is that a goddamn shaving cream can!? Is that an official brand, like Gillette's marketing?

I need all that!

I figured Demon would want it but I would be up for it too. I've stuck with this movie through the thick and thin but Demon has did a really great job at keeping us updated.

edit: just realized I posted in the spoiler thread... really wish there was a non-spoiler thread lol

Do it I live those threads.

I'm just hoping we'll have a need. ;)

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Wow, the T-Rex toy looks terrible . I guess that bodes well for the value of the original electronic one I need to get around to selling.

strafer

Possible tracklist

1 Bury the Hatchling
2 The Family That Strays Together
3 Welcome to Jurassic World
4 Does This Dino Make Jurassic Look Big
5 As the Jurassic World Turns
6 Clearly His First Rodeo
7 A Glorified Petting Zoo
8 Owen You Nothing
9 Indominus Wrecks
10 Gyrosphere of Influence
11 Pavane for a Dead Apatosaurus
12 Fits and Jumpstarts
13 The Dimorphodon Shuffle
14 Love in the Time of Pterosauria
15 Chasing the Dragons
16 Raptor Your Heart Out
17 Costa Rican Standoff
18 The Teeth Degree
19 Our Rex Is Bigger Than Yours
20 Growl and Make Up
21 Nine-To-Survival Job
22 The Park Is Closed
23 Jurassic World Suite

http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/28935

Toa TAK

Banned
Possible tracklist

1 Bury the Hatchling
2 The Family That Strays Together
3 Welcome to Jurassic World
4 Does This Dino Make Jurassic Look Big
5 As the Jurassic World Turns
6 Clearly His First Rodeo
7 A Glorified Petting Zoo
8 Owen You Nothing
9 Indominus Wrecks
10 Gyrosphere of Influence
11 Pavane for a Dead Apatosaurus
12 Fits and Jumpstarts
13 The Dimorphodon Shuffle
14 Love in the Time of Pterosauria
15 Chasing the Dragons
16 Raptor Your Heart Out
17 Costa Rican Standoff
18 The Teeth Degree
19 Our Rex Is Bigger Than Yours
20 Growl and Make Up
21 Nine-To-Survival Job
22 The Park Is Closed
23 Jurassic World Suite

http://www1.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm/ID/28935
Really excited to own this. Track 19...

Dead

well not really...yet
That track list definitely looks legit if you've ever seen other Giachino track names.

No World's Worst Something? Come on Giacchino...

And yes I'm still posting here because all the news even non spoiler stuff like the track titles is going here lol

Wow, the toys are lame as fuck. I love how "Blue" is painted brown/green and black... Great attention to detail.

And then there were the neon colored mix and match figures that seem to be JW branded in packaging only.

I mean if they wanted to go low budget, low quality why not give the license to these guys so we might have figures that have the same paint scheme and likenesses as the animals in the film?

http://m.target.com/p/battat-terra-dino-cryolophosaurus/-/A-15432362

Oh right, everything needs battle damage, poorly realized action joints and gimicky smart phone interactions.

Rootbeer

Banned
I almost bought a Hasbro raptor at Toys R Us yesterday, but when I saw it up close I couldn't do it. I miss my JP one from the 90s... it had a jaw moving feature that made it really cool. This new one can't move it's mouth... what a rip off!

However I did buy almost all of the new LEGO Sets! The only one I'm missing is the Indominus Rex one, which I'll get at a later date.

The toys are weird. I mean, some defintely had great base sculpts that were hurt by poor build quality and lackluster paint apps.

Overall, I'd say they are better in person. Except for the Pteranodon. That one is shit. I have no clue what happened at Hasbro with that thing.

I'd argue Blue is the best JP Raptor sculpt to date! Shame she has the permanent dino damage and a non articulated jaw. Still, I really like that one.

Christmas for Chris, eh? ;)

Something like that, ahahaha

How do people have money like this?

My wife would kill me

To my defense, I have been saving to collect 'Jurassic Park 4' merch since it's official announcement in 2013.

To my advantage, I am not married. :lol

And yes I'm still posting here because all the news even non spoiler stuff like the track titles is going here lol

The Jurassic World Production Thread may be right up your alley..

Jurassic Park - Original Toys

I decided to dig into my old collections from when I was a kid. All stuff still at my parents house. Passed it all on to my son. He is 8 years old, same age I was when Jurassic Park came out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
^ Hope he enjoys it asuch ad you once did!

As for Pteranodon toys, I still have my Lost World one with the material wings. That was an amazing figure!

I decided to dig into my old collections from when I was a kid. All stuff still at my parents house. Passed it all on to my son. He is 8 years old, same age I was when Jurassic Park came out.

You're a great man. Freaking jelly of your toys, lol.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Refrained from buying JW Legos for my son today when I saw them in the store. The raptor set was 55$ :(

His birthday is coming up though :eek:

Toa TAK

Banned

Holy crap, I used to have that when I was a kid. Easily one of the best toys I ever owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom