• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first memory is legit getting Jurassic Park toys when I was like 3 and I had them both from The Lost World and the first movie, most from the first movie are really well used and damaged because that's what kids do. I think they're all the in the attic though. I might buy my nephew the big T-Rex and I-Rex figures though to pass on the legacy.

Amalthea

Banned
I haven't been sold on the movie yet (who am I kidding, still gonna watch it) but it's really nice to see people get hyped up over JP stuff again.

strafer

i will be seeing this all alone

no one i know wants to see it

and of course it's always nice to go alone to the movies...

Amalthea

Banned
i will be seeing this all alone

no one i know wants to see it

and of course it's always nice to go alone to the movies...
I've got nobody too. All my friends are dead. Wiped out by a meteorite 65 million years ago.
Well there are still birds but they freak out in movie theaters.

Amalthea

Banned
American birds DO clap after screenings tho

You had to remind me that you, Chris Dallas Notgoldblum, are in this! And now I'm reminded of the trailer with NO STORY that is full of spoilers and bad practical cg. Will rent from blockbuster.

Blockbuster is about as extinct as the "dinosaurs" so you might have to wait for Redbox to get this trash. I may be in it but that doesn't mean I wouldn't understand if you chose to not endorse this movie.

New Masrani Global Update:

Claire Dearing, Senior Assets Manager at Jurassic World, has recently spoken about what consumers can expect over the next five years, including next month's highly anticipated Indominus rex. "We're very proud of our achievements here at Jurassic World, and our excitement cannot be contained as we prepare to showcase this pinnacle of genetic ingenuity", announced Claire from Isla Nublar, Costa Rica. "The Indominus is an alluring addition to our diverse collection of assets, which will be sure to entertain future audiences like nothing before." Ms. Dearing hinted that the Indominus may be the first of many genetically modified dinosaurs in InGen's attempt to continually satisfy both visitors and investors. The Indominus rex enclosure is set to officially open to the public in July 2015.

Masrani’s flagship enterprise opened in 2005 to record-breaking numbers. A state-of-the-art theme park and biological preserve, it has lead the way in entertainment, education and scientific discovery. But what is on the horizon? Claire Dearing, Senior Assets Manager at Jurassic World discusses her thoughts.

"Scientists are often challenged by the risks involved in executing grand concepts," explains Claire. "Many at InGen doubted the likelihood of a successful hybrid, but here we are just one month away and she's more than we imagined. We will closely monitor visitor response and gauge the consumer's appetite for future experiences, taking Jurassic World into a new era."

"But as we seek to recreate the past, we can't forget to innovate", Claire adds. "We have several new rides in the conceptual phase with Axis Boulder. Our most evolved, the 'Treetop Gazers', has an ETA sometime in 2018."

esdnnux.jpg

Just... awesome. All of it. I feel like they really thought outside the box with this movie, and to think a few years ago I was mostly worried that it would be another someone goes to Sorna for whatever reason they run from dinosaurs and smile on helicopters at the end. Thank god this did not happen.

Snaku

Banned
The IAPs are out of control. $54.99 for a T Rex?

I would rather spend my money on the toys than virtual dinosaurs.

The bitch of it is that I didn't even get the Rex like the pack shows, I got some other dino cause the packs are randomized. At least with JP Builder when I paid for a Rex that's exactly what I got.

Having fun with the game though.

bengraven

Save your money!

Or go buy a Brawlasaur or two to get a head start with better Dinosaurs.

Carnoraptor? *eye twitch*

I really want to buy some Jurassic Park toys for my kid, but he's just not into them. I'll do the LIKE WHAT I LIKE OR ELSE thing and he'll probably dig them. :p

esdnnux.jpg

You know how some deer eat squirrels occasionally...

Just thinking...

Yep, that's Jurassic Park. So excited.

I keep thinking SHOOT HAR SHOOOOOT HARRRRR

Soooo, on the flip side of the movie's themes, is anyone worried this movie could potentially be interpreted as anti-stem cell or equivalent? I just listened to the "How Did This Get Made?" podcast for Deep Blue Sea and I never even considered the "you're not God, don't pretend to be God, if you try to be God, you will be eaten by genetically-modified sharks" theme of that (awful awful) movie.

Or am I just TOO day drunk for a Sunday right now?

Razmos

Soooo, on the flip side of the movie's themes, is anyone worried this movie could potentially be interpreted as anti-stem cell or equivalent? I just listened to the "How Did This Get Made?" podcast for Deep Blue Sea and I never even considered the "you're not God, don't pretend to be God, if you try to be God, you will be eaten by genetically-modified sharks" theme of that (awful awful) movie.

Or am I just TOO day drunk for a Sunday right now?
Probably no more than the first film was, the theme isn't much different.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
who wouldn't?

better than sitting next to a bunch of nerds in the force awakens

Speaking of, you should've seen my theater FREAK OUT and cheer when they played that trailer during Ultron. I mean, you have your Marvel nerds and nerds in general, but yeah it still impresses me how passionate people are with that franchise. Only one guy clapped for Jurassic World. I like whoever that guy is :)

As for me, always been a dino-nerd. I like my sci-fi, but not nearly as much as others. I never even saw Star Wars until I was in middle/high school and even then, I liked them but not something I could "get into". JP though? Oh yeah, I was all in :) One of the millions of kids that wanted to be a paleontologist when I got older :p

Jawmuncher

Was out today to see avengers. Finally kept to see a JW trailer in the cinema. It was thankfully the newest trailer. Not gonna lie, it felt great seeing it. Did some shopping and checked on the toys. Only stuff that was there were the small action figured (the 9.99msrp ones). Thought they were all pretty garbage so I skipped them. I might grab one of the Die Cast metal JP jeeps, or just get the RC car if I see it.

Speaking of, you should've seen my theater FREAK OUT and cheer when they played that trailer during Ultron. I mean, you have your Marvel nerds and nerds in general, but yeah it still impresses me how passionate people are with that franchise. Only one guy clapped for Jurassic World. I like whoever that guy is :)

I've only ever been in a theater that applauds a trailer and that was for Episode III, so yeah, I believe it, Star Wars just does that to people. The fact that the Jurassic trailer even had anyone applauding is saying something, at least in my experience. Anecdotal evidence blah blah

I saw Ultron in 3D and as such, saw the Episode VII and Jurassic World (new) trailers in 3D. I have to admit, both trailers had some very awesome shots in 3D. The pteranodon escape sequence with them pouring out of the dome and the chopper falling behind Indominus looked incredible, and the final shot with the Mosasaur in 3D was amazing.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I saw Ultron in 3D and as such, saw the Episode VII and Jurassic World (new) trailers in 3D. I have to admit, both trailers had some very awesome shots in 3D. The pteranodon escape sequence with them pouring out of the dome and the chopper falling behind Indominus looked incredible, and the final shot with the Mosasaur in 3D was amazing.

I sure wish I sat just a few rows higher. I was a little low for seating, so I didn't get the optimal view for it, especially in a larger XD screen. I honestly don't even know WHY they have the lower level seats. I wasn't even that far down, and already my perception was a little rough and took a bit to get used to the scale of the screen size. With that being said, the JW trailer was great, but would've been even BETTER if I sat in a spot that would really show it off.

Guess for the midnight showing I'll start lining up at like 10pm :/

atomsk

Party Pooper
Was out today to see avengers. Finally kept to see a JW trailer in the cinema. It was thankfully the newest trailer. Not gonna lie, it felt great seeing it. Did some shopping and checked on the toys. Only stuff that was there were the small action figured (the 9.99msrp ones). Thought they were all pretty garbage so I skipped them. I might grab one of the Die Cast metal JP jeeps, or just get the RC car if I see it.

the die cast Nedry jeep is the only thing I've seen that I want so far.

god help my wallet if they make Lego JP1 sets though...

bengraven

the die cast Nedry jeep is the only thing I've seen that I want so far.

god help my wallet if they make Lego JP1 sets though...

LEGO 32990
T-REX ESCAPE
Deluxe T-rex figure, broken fence, two Landcruisers - one with battle damage/"flat" tire, outhouse; includes accessories: night vision goggles, random maps, flares, cup of water; figures: Ian Malcolm, Alan Grant, Lex Murphy, Tim Murphy, Robert Gennaro (with alternate "bloody stump" torso).
MSRP: $199.99

LEGO 32991
MOMMY IS VERY ANGRY
2 Deluxe T-rex figures, two trailers each with swinging open "walls" to play inside, one High Hide, one Jeep, one baby T-rex, figures: Ian Malcolm, Sarah Harding, Nick, Gynastics Kid, Eddie Carr (alternate "bloody stump torso")
MSRP: $239.99

Blockbuster is about as extinct as the "dinosaurs" so you might have to wait for Redbox to get this trash. I may be in it but that doesn't mean I wouldn't understand if you chose to not endorse this movie.
First, you kill my childhood with this movie, now you piss on its grave with this reminder of blockbuster!

Blockbuster, the original rental place, had a sense of wonder and magic, I'm willing to bet this Redbox is utterly devoid of that due to the cookie cutter system.

So, I found some wave 2 toys today:

BkGLL5jh.jpg

I really like the sculpts, but the paint apps are really weak.

The Pachy particularly feels like an old Kenner toy.

So, I found some wave 2 toys today:

BkGLL5jh.jpg

I really like the sculpts, but the paint apps are really weak.

The Pachy particularly feels like an old Kenner toy.
I was just taking pictures of my papo and schleichs(?) to share here but I'll wait for daylight for better pics. JP toys were great back when because these didn't exist. Comparing them now, there's no need unfortunately. I can't buy them for my son because other options are better despite the brand. The Irex with the gyroshere may be an exception along with comparable figures of the other dinos.

Waldini

Boy ... I remember getting the JP1 T-REX from my parents as a present. When TLW came out I wanted to have that "green" T-REX as well. Still have both (and alot more toys I'll give to my son when he's old enough). These Jurassic World toys lack the quality the JP1 toys had. Still, great stuff for kids I guess.

Anyway, started playing the iOS game. It's great! Love these sort of micro-management games. Currently at level 14 in about 2~3 days. Can't wait to be able to "hatch" my T-REX. Is there a specific topic for the iOS game?

... and yes, I tried scanning the Brawlasaurs codes through Google. Didn't work :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of the game, I saw the price Operation Genesis is going for PS2... ouch!! I regret not getting it for $30 from Gamestop when I saw it there a few years ago :/ Hoped it would drop in price, but they got rid of PS2 games before that :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom