• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the game, I saw the price Operation Genesis is going for PS2... ouch!! I regret not getting it for $30 from Gamestop when I saw it there a few years ago :/ Hoped it would drop in price, but they got rid of PS2 games before that :/

How much is it? I have it on Xbox and got it for like £15 back in 2004. It needs a Steam re-release though honestly even if the devs are no longer around.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
How much is it? I have it on Xbox and got it for like £15 back in 2004. It needs a Steam re-release though honestly even if the devs are no longer around.

There was only a couple EU versions on eBay, but even those were pricey. The NA version is around $70-100 right now :/ Not too many on eBay, either. I should start looking at flea markets, but then again the ones I go to check to see how much they are worth online... Not sure why they just sit on them at a flea market when people expect low prices on things, and just sell online instead :/

Blockbuster, the original rental place, had a sense of wonder and magic, I'm willing to bet this Redbox is utterly devoid of that due to the cookie cutter system.

With Redbox it's mostly just an illusion. Sure, you get physical discs and whatnot, but the selection is poor compared to Blockbuster and you just browse at an interface. With Blockbuster it was like wandering into a haven full of endless possibilities for entertainment. Really quite wonderful. They had movies, videogames, and at mine even a gumball machine. It moved, motorized of course... but people would walk in there and be able to browse rows and rows of films. The kids would say "mommy should we rent this, daddy should we rent that?" But with Redbox, they stripped away that magic in favor of something that feels more like an illusion. Blockbuster was real, a place where you could browse, and touch. And that's not devoid of merit.

Still no sight of any Jurassic World toys at the Toys R Us and Wal Marts nearby. I am in Ontario, Canada. No other places other than SuperStore to check in my city.

The Lego sets are at TRU now, and one Wal Mart got the Playskool line of JW toys, so I picked up the large Velociraptor, it apparently is the only new raptor that bites and makes sounds.

Anyone in Canada find the main Hasbro line yet?

nictron

With Redbox it's mostly just an illusion. Sure, you get physical discs and whatnot, but the selection is poor compared to Blockbuster and you just browse at an interface. With Blockbuster it was like wandering into a haven full of endless possibilities for entertainment. Really quite wonderful. They had movies, videogames, and at mine even a gumball machine. It moved, motorized of course... but people would walk in there and be able to browse rows and rows of films. The kids would say "mommy should we rent this, daddy should we rent that?" But with Redbox, they stripped away that magic in favor of something that feels more like an illusion. Blockbuster was real, a place where you could browse, and touch. And that's not devoid of merit.

PREACH

atomsk

Party Pooper
LEGO 32990
T-REX ESCAPE
Deluxe T-rex figure, broken fence, two Landcruisers - one with battle damage/"flat" tire, outhouse; includes accessories: night vision goggles, random maps, flares, cup of water; figures: Ian Malcolm, Alan Grant, Lex Murphy, Tim Murphy, Robert Gennaro (with alternate "bloody stump" torso).
MSRP: $199.99

LEGO 32991
MOMMY IS VERY ANGRY
2 Deluxe T-rex figures, two trailers each with swinging open "walls" to play inside, one High Hide, one Jeep, one baby T-rex, figures: Ian Malcolm, Sarah Harding, Nick, Gynastics Kid, Eddie Carr (alternate "bloody stump torso")
MSRP: $239.99

FML

...when?

atomsk

Party Pooper
Pretty sure this is fake/funny.

"Gymnastics girl"

ebBG8bI.gif

You're right. You're absolutely right. Hiring you was a mistake, that's obvious. They're over dependent on cgi, I can see that now. Now, the next time is all practical. Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless.

I bit! Not a MASSIVE spoiler--
are you talking about the woman in the water tank?
--but really fucking cool and probably the scene that Pratt was referring to. Can't wait to see that in the theatre.

EDIT: Didn't notice the
headgear
on the raptors! That's totally
one of the pack that attacks the mercenary, btw--not a wild raptor. You can see some of the headgear on it now, I think?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Bigger spoiler is
all the raptors in the night hunt scenes have headsets on now
IMO

Smart to leave it out of earlier trailers so people didn't flip their shit though :p

Lazerbox

Nice.

Yeah, if you're interested in keeping all "holy shit" scenes unspoiled, don't watch that. Nothing story spoilery, just an awesome scene.

Kinda crazy if that's going to be on a TV spot though.

About the woman

The woman in the tank is Zara (Katie McGrath), she was assigned to look after Zach and Gray.

Wow just realized we're getting JP score by Giacchino. This might turn out to have some heartfelt, Williams-successor worthy music. Very intrigued despite his Jupiter score being very bland. Still my pick for the future of film music. Lots of time to evolve til he eliminates the Zimmeration movement.

well the 4chan guy from a month ago was definitely telling the truth

The one who said the movie was "pretty great" overall? I didn't read anymore past that, haha.

Bigger spoiler is
all the raptors in the night hunt scenes have headsets on now
IMO

Smart to leave it out of earlier trailers so people didn't flip their shit though :p

Yeah, that's pretty awesome. I had wondered if the
LEGO/toy harnesses were just a LEGO-only thing.

About the woman

The woman in the tank is Zara (Katie McGrath), she was assigned to look after Zach and Gray.

Aaaah, did not know that. Now that makes more sense.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit that new TV spot. They really need to stop giving so much away.

Yeah I'm not a fan of movies being too subtle or too spoilery with their trailers. With some movies it's like "well, I just saw the whole movie!" It used to be way worse decades ago, as they would pretty much walk through the movie. At least, that's what classic Disney trailers used to do around the 50s-60s.

I'm pretty sure that JW is still leaving some surprises.

I know there's going to be surprises and seeing stuff in commercials is never on par with seeing the entire sequences play out in context, but flat out showing the girl the pteranodon picks up and dropping her into the Mosasaur tank is way much. Way much. Now I'm not going to be like HOLY SHIT IT DROPPED HER INTO THE FUCKING MOSASAUR TANK DAMMNNN

It's certainly my choice to watch these, but I shouldn't have to worry about spoilers in fucking commercials.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Personally, I don't see the Mosasaur thing as too big a spoiler. I mean, showing the Mosasaur is in the movie period kind of hints that someway, somehow, it IS going to eat people.

Spoilers are a good thing, it gives you more of a drive to watch it.

How on earth is knowing everything before seeing a movie good? It completely goes against the creativity of writers and the less you're surprised about while watching the first time, the lesser of an impact there is. I don't see how this is refutable.

I'm mainly still posting in this thread because it's where all the news and info is being posted, and I like to see new stuff but I don't want shit like death scenes spelled out for me before I have a chance to react at the theater.

The death scenes in Jurassic Park movies have always been a huge highlight. This can be and has been marketed without going to this extent. Sure you can make assumptions by piecing stuff together, but actually seeing the pteranodon drop her from a great height into the tank and seeing her go into the water is going now take away some of the gravitas that scene would have had.

It's supposedly over two hours long. There's nothing else they can pull from? And we've already gotten several commercials and trailers already. They need to dial it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom