• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amalthea

Banned
EeZOzYE.jpg

T-Shrek is life.

I've always hated battle damage on the figures ever since they introduced them with JP3. Whenever I received a figure with battle damage I would either paint over it if it was rubber of use clay and fix it if it was solid plastic.

Razmos

I was never put off by anything until tech being added to the dinos. Again, I'll await context, but this is the first thing I can say I'm disappointed with.

BUT, it could be cool if they're cameras and give us a bird's ancestor's eye view.
It's clearly foreshadowing for when they attach lasers and rocket launchers to their backs in the sequel.

yeah I'm not seeing the arm you guys are talking about

The arm is visible in a newer version of the shot. You can see it in screencaps on the last page or so.

I watched the first one last night and admittedly a few more things bother me. They're not a big deal, but for instance I cannot get over Lex turning on the flashlight when the Rex breaks loose. Nothing about it is Kelly bad, but I don't buy it. Also, Tim is a huge dinosaur know it all, having read several books about them so I'm not sure why he didn't instruct Lex to stay still. Maybe it's something he didn't know, but I have no idea what she hoped to achieve by turning on the flashlight. It's really stupid. I don't think anyone would have did that, not even a kid.

Another thing is Malcolm striking the flare in the car. Why would you do that. It literally makes zero sense. Grant obviously knew what he was doing, but despite how smart otherwise Malcolm seems to come off, it's arguably his fault as to why the following carnage even happened. Grant had the Rex distracted with the flare already but Malcolm's actions caused it to chase him, comically fling him up by the crotch before crashing into the outhouse, eating Gennaro, etc.

Some seem to be worried about the kids in this movie, but the jury's out big time as to whether or not they're going to do something remotely as dumb, and I don't think Ty Simpkins is going to kill any dinosaurs via gymnastics.

Mdk7

A few hours ago i just got a good news i want to share with you fellow JP lovers.
I made a fan art dedicated to the unforgettable Mr. DNA, i planned to make a tee design out of it as i usually do... So i sent it to TeeFury and they accepted it: it's gonna be printed just for 24 hours in the upcoming weeks (still don't have a date at the moment).
YAY for me, long live dinosaurs! :D \n/

JurassicBingo2_zpsoujw143y.jpg~original

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Battle damage is awful. At least on the rubber ones there was a part covering it (as long as you didn't lose it).

bengraven

Is there going to be a game based on the sequel?

Jurassic World: Operation InGenisys

Or Jurassic Park 4: Jurassic World: Operation Genesis 2: Operation InGenisys

Just bought my tickets :) June 11 at 7:25PM. HYPE!

FWIW, the theatre I bought them at (Alamo Drafthouse's Slaughter Lane theatre) was almost sold out when I bought my five tickets (for myself and friends), and that was within 15 minutes of them sending out the "tickets on sale" email.

Blablurn

FWIW, the theatre I bought them at (Alamo Drafthouse's Slaughter Lane theatre) was almost sold out when I bought my five tickets (for myself and friends), and that was within 15 minutes of them sending out the "tickets on sale" email.

Its in one month already. OMG.

Weird, no theaters by me have tickets for sale. I don't know why they didn't officially open up presale tickets yet.

Weird, no theaters by me have tickets for sale. I don't know why they didn't officially open up presale tickets yet.

These literally JUST went on sale, and I think it may have been an Alamo Victory (their insider program) email only. I don't see any "on sale now" for JW or Inside Out (the other movie in the email) on their main page.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
My local theaters apparently has showings EARLIER than midnight on the 11th. Huh, has that ever happened? Like around 7 and 9PM Thurs night.

-griffy-

Banned
If those headsets are cameras, that could provide some very cool set pieces. Think the first action scene in Aliens only with raptors instead of marines.

If they are some other kind of device that is supposed to be controlling behavior, that was added late in the game because they were reacting to complaints over the "raptor whisperer" aspect of Pratt's character, that would be super lame.

The former seems far more likely, but the cynic in me worries for the latter.

If they are some other kind of device that is supposed to be controlling behavior, that was added late in the game because they were reacting to complaints over the "raptor whisperer" aspect of Pratt's character, that would be super lame.

They're still working on the digital effects and it would make sense for the headset to be added later. I don't think it was something that they were scared into doing considering all the other new ideas they're running with. If there's no actual scene in the movie that shows the sets being fitted onto the raptors without explanation it's possible that it could have been a decision made later in post.

I really don't think they're cameras though, so I'm not getting my hopes up for that. I simply think they're tracking monitors used only for the sole purpose of being able to find them later.

I believe that the "Raptor Rampage" LEGO set was leaked a while back and they had the headsets on. I doubt it was added due to feedback.

bengraven

Man, you guys, I just saw a trailer for this 5 year old's film with hand puppets as dinosaurs and people literally going "rawr rawr" and it looked SOOOO much better than this movie.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it is. I saw The Avengers - Age of Ultron on the Thursday and they had 7pm, 9:30pm and 10:10pm showings.

Huh, interesting, I didn't even know they had those for Ultron. It's like a soft opening that's unadvertised before the grand opening. Guess I'll go early then! Probably a 9ish rather than a 7ish.

I believe that the "Raptor Rampage" LEGO set was leaked a while back and they had the headsets on. I doubt it was added due to feedback.

I mean with the movie introducing a hybrid dinosaur and tamed raptors in the first place I highly doubt that they were "spooked." They had to have known that some of these things would turn people off and have to be proven in context, so yeah I don't think that's the case. They're assuming that people will see the film and understand why these things are happening within the story context, which is what I like about this team. They're not afraid to try new stuff, which IMO is desperately what this franchise needed to keep going.

You think I would spend money on Jurassic World products?

Why is there all this hate?

Some of them look bad, but some look great!

The large Indominus Rex, Chomping T-Rex, Raptor "Blue" and Anklyosaurus all look great and I picked them up.

The other raptors suck, no claw, humans suck, Spinosaurus and the other small ones look lame.

I think some are fantastic.

It's more about this movie's disdain for dinosaurs than the toys.

Which begs the question, why are you posting images of the toys which represent the dinosaurs in the movie if you hate the movie and hate how the movie is portraying dinosaurs? None of it really adds up. Of course you're allowed and I like seeing the pictures, but I guess my mentality on the subject is skewed for obvious reasons. If I had as much disdain over something as you do this movie, I wouldn't bother posting marketing things in threads.

Again, you're obviously free to do so and it doesn't really bother me, I just think it's kind of funny. :p

Also, why come here if you aren't looking forward to the movie this thread is about?

If you ask me I think he's really excited for the movie despite the dinosaurs not being "accurate."

The sickle-clawless Rapors are on Hasbro, not Universal. Though I'm sure someone at Universal had to approve it. Either way, it's a fuck up but not from the filmmakers.

Shame, because while those toys are simplistic they would be fucking fantastic with the claws, especially since they're 12" long.

Amalthea

Banned
They don't have sickle claws for heavens sake!

It's like they realised that they almost had the best raptor figures of all their JP toylines at hand but decided to remove the claws just to fuck it up for the hell of it.

Not even the worst dollar store raptor toy lacks those claws. They are like the defining element of those animals.

It's like you remove the trunk from an Elephant toy.

They don't have sickle claws for heavens sake!

It's like they realised that they almost had the best raptor figures of all their JP toylines at hand but decided to remove the claws just to fuck it up for the hell of it.

Not even the worst dollar store raptor toy lacks those claws. They are like the defining element of those animals.

It's like you remove the trunk from an Elephant toy.

It kills me, it really does. I have literally NO idea what happened. Even the mini raptors with the blind bags have the claws. They screwed that up big time. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom