• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
It kills me, it really does. I have literally NO idea what happened. Even the mini raptors with the blind bags have the claws. They screwed that up big time. =/

Velociraptor "Blue" the one on the bottom of that picture posted above does have the claw and looks great.

The image shows the 4-Pack exclusive to Target that has the 3 crappy raptors with no claws and Blue that has the claws on each foot and makes sounds/actions.

Bernbaum

The mosasaur death is unsettling.

The mobile game looks average but this shot of the pavilion seems to be an accurate representation of the setup of the park. Particularly the placement of the visitor center and the mosasaur arena, albeit a 'condensed' representation of the layout.

eJ3jQIt.jpg
It also seems to match with the new sweeping shot of the visitor centre across the water that has shown up in the more recent clips. The layout matches the sequence of events in the pterosaur attack when Single White Female and her Louis Vuitton handbag become a meal item.

-

Anyone else trying to piece together the sequence of events of when shit hits the fan?

So far, I think it goes:

Daytime:

- I Rex attacks Owen's crew and escapes enclosure
- Park is still 'operational' at this time - I. Rex enclosure is not near the centre of the park.
- The two kids are on the gyrosphere when the I. Rex attacks a herd of sauropods, ornithopods and triceratops.
- Kids are attacked in gyrosphere, but escape
- Operational status of park uncertain at this point - are all the thousands of guests aware that shit has gone down?
- I. Rex thwarts attempts to be captured/killed; releases pterosaurs from enclosure
- I'm unsure whether Claire and Owen have entered the park to track down I. Rex, or whether they have gone to rescue the kids. Probably the latter.
- At this point, the kids have escaped to the main pavillion, but the rest of the guests are likely unaware as they are all out in the open when the pterosaurs attack

At some stage throughout all of this, the park security team all get wiped out.

At Night is when they use the raptors to track down I. Rex, possibly into the 'old park' where something goes wrong and they can't control the raptors. Either the security detail fucks up, or there are 'wild' raptors in the old park. Owen has found the kids, they are attacked by the I. Rex in the visitor centre, and T. Rex is released for your big climactic ending. The role of the raptor team is unknown at this point.

Apart from a tone-setting opening scene, like at the beginning of JP 93', the film's events all seem to occur within a 24 hour period.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of time setting opening scenes I am hoping this one eschews the "foreshadowing of doom" opener and is just people enjoying the park.

I mentioned this before and it's unlikely but would be a neat change.

Bernbaum

Speaking of time setting opening scenes I am hoping this one eschews the "foreshadowing of doom" opener and is just people enjoying the park.

I mentioned this before and it's unlikely but would be a neat change.

I was thinking something like this is very much possible. A major theme of JP is that of humans thinking they are in control over nature. There could be a scene where a carnivore seemingly attacks a person but then a 'glass wall' or some security measure is in place that then puts the audience's mind at comfort. Much like how horror films establish psychological 'safe zones' that they then proceed to tear down.

Imagine it starts with wild, feathered raptors hunting their prey only to pan out and show that it's a dino documentary on tv being ignored by the two kids with their faces in their phones.

Bernbaum

On the feathers issue, there is a cop-out they could use in the film to get around the issue.

In the book, there is a conversation between Wu and Hammond where Wu suggests that they alter the dinosaurs' appearance and behavior to be more in line with the public's expectations.

The park's main attendees are men in their 30's that grew up on Dino-Riders.

Boom - get out jail free card!

Toxi

Banned
No sickle claw on the velociraptor toys is fucking ludicrous.
On the feathers issue, there is a cop-out they could use in the film to get around the issue.

In the book, there is a conversation between Wu and Hammond where Wu suggests that they alter the dinosaurs' appearance and behavior to be more in line with the public's expectations.

So Wu's dinosaurs are a metaphor for the movie.

This was brought up a lot in earlier threads and works for most pro-JW-ites. I just view it as fiction.

I saw 117 so that must be run time not including credits I'd assume?

Also on this arm thing I take it the Pteradactyl drops her in the water only to try and pick her back up only for them to become dinner?

Toxi

Banned
Nice. I'm so sick of bloated two and a half hour long movies.

Also, not sure if posted, but the LEGO descriptions for the Velociraptors indicate their different colors and patterns are the result of lizard DNA.

In the late Cretaceous Period, the Velociraptor excelled at hunting with its keen senses, large brain, and the retractable sickle claw on each foot – and no creature in Jurassic World demonstrates this better than Blue, the leader and oldest member of the raptor pack. Larger, smarter and more cunning than the rest, she insists on eating first…which is why Owen feeds her last so she remembers he’s in charge. DNA from a Black-Throated African Monitor Lizard provides her distinctive pattern of scales, which reflect an iridescent blue color.

Charlie is the youngest member of the current raptor pack, and its least-experienced hunter. Her instinct-driven reactions make her hard to predict, so Owen never takes his eyes off her during training sessions. As the “rookie” of the group, Charlie looks to Blue for guidance and commands during hunts, and will immediately give up a meal to her pack leader. The InGen scientists have genetically programmed her with the dramatic striping of a large Green Iguana.

The second-eldest member of the raptor pack, Delta shows the signs of InGen’s genetic experimentation and modification in several ways. Along with her unique gecko-like pupils, she has been infused with more avian DNA than her sister raptors have, resulting in her very bird-like movements and behaviors. Being watched by Delta is a lot like being stared at by an eagle about to launch an attack.

When they were both young raptors, Echo once challenged Blue for command of the pack. Unfortunately for her, Blue was the stronger fighter, and Echo was left with the permanent scars of their encounter across her face. Because of her permanent sneer, some of the Jurassic World dinosaur handlers have nicknamed her “Elvis”.

Also, all the Velociraptors seem to be female.

Bernbaum

Even though this is the spoiler thread, regarding the latest TV spot,
is the vehicle Claire and Owen are hiding behind their own vehicle, or is it an old Jurassic Park jeep? There looks to be some brief shots of the old park here.

Edit:

Jurassic World Toy Impressions

Here are many close up images of each one. I purchased the ones I feel are worth purchasing. The others are all subpar IMO such as the vehicle versus sets, the Spinosaurus and the rest. They just don't look all that great. I feel these ones capture the feel of the JP Kenner line and the Hasbro TLW line. I am just looking to get the Jada Nedry Jeep RC car. Haven't seen it in stores yet, I originally wanted to get the die cast Nedry Jeep from Matchbox but the Jada one is larger, and looks really good with all the dirt and wear on it.

Indominus Rex
Dat rubbery I-Rex was nostalgia city when I picked her up tonight. She is absolutely massive and the sounds are loud and the translucent light up skin is a nice touch. Hoping the T Rex that is releasing in the Fall is as good as this. The best of them all.
http://i.imgur.com/Ld1WUAz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9HVjLI5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/y4woRCo.jpg

Tyrannosaurus Rex
Probably the most dissapointing but still looks great. The fact the nose is a separate piece just ruins the head. The chomping action is lame and the fact it makes no sounds is awful. It has great detail but is lacking compared to the I Rex.
http://i.imgur.com/bWc3Mq8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/r9j5es5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sXfKKXH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/l3VDk1A.jpg

Velociraptor "Blue"
One of my favourite this raptor looks great. No chomping but the sounds are true to the previous films and it is really well detailed. It has the retractable claw unlike the other 3 for whatever reason are missing it. I don't have separate pictures of the Playskool raptor and the reason I bought it was because it is apparently the most sought after raptor since it makes 5 different raptor sounds (all from the films) and bites. It's the only one that does that.
http://i.imgur.com/dvDTZ0L.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/btWS2Fv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NihaYQY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9eXFiaS.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KylIc2d.jpg

Anklyosaurus
Really well done figure, the detail looks amazing as you can see in the overhead picture. A first for JP toys, I was happy to finally see an Ankly as a toy and coming up in JW.
http://i.imgur.com/admzzUY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KRKug5G.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aethmY8.jpg

Bernbaum

#29 is actually Hammonds.

I couldn't see a number on the jeep.
Do you know that from other spoilers/leaks?

There were a whole bunch of script spoilers I came across about a year ago that I can no longer find and no-one here seems to be mentioning them. A few of the plot-points sounded a bit like fan-fic, but there have been a few consistencies with some of the released footage.

There are a few key aspects about the I. Rex that seemed common on rumour sites and even hinted at by Trevorrow during production, but a lot of those elements are seemingly absent from the recent footage.

Dead

well not really...yet
Considering the movie is 2 hours, we havent really seen that much of it. Pretty much every trailer has been the same scenes, just slightly more of each. There seems to be a lot that they are holding back.

Lazerbox

Saw this on reddit

"I recon that she didn't kill her sibling. So the sibling camouflaged herself and then the Main one climbed out and then because they think the sibling is dead they check the paddock out and that's when she comes out and escapes. This also explains why the chopper was shooting at an I Rex that ran into the forest, but when it crashed there was another I Rex in the aviary. This is also why one has red eyes and one has yellow eyes."

Nah, there is only one.

Colin went out of his way to say so- either to Slashfilm or Empire- about how there is only one so it's more special which was inspired by comments from his son.

Interesting. Do you know where that interview is?

Maybe because that is the biggest surprise in the film, he didn't want to admit it.

There's only one hybrid:

Question: Are the hybrids the ones that you’re more protective of?

Mr. Colin Trevorrow: Hybrid. There’s only one.

Press: The hybrid.

Colin Trevorrow: And that came for my son, actually. There was a moment–because… there’s the synthetic and there are the organic and they’re the dinosaurs that we know and love. And there’s this thing that has to be eliminated. And it came from my son. In an earlier draft of the script, there was a moment when he realized that there was another and that they were making more and that kind of thing. And my son, who’s five, saw Star Wars for the first time. And he had seen Jedi; I showed him to him. You know, I waited, like, nine months between. I separated it for him. And then he saw Jedi and he had only seen those three. And he was, like, I don’t understand. Like, if Leia is also a Jedi, then Luke isn’t unique. It was, like, oh, you’re right. There can be only one hybrid dinosaur. So, there will be only one and it’s because of my five-year-old son who made a quite astute observation about Luke Skywalker.

Bernbaum

So looking at this image, it is apparent that there is a barricade of sorts that separates the mosasaur enclosure from a section of the lagoon that is accessible to park visitors. It seems to match with that image I posted from the mobile game. The tourists share the same water with the mosasaur.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So looking at this image, it is apparent that there is a barricade of sorts that separates the mosasaur enclosure from a section of the lagoon that is accessible to park visitors. It seems to match with that image I posted from the mobile game. The tourists share the same water with the mosasaur.

*Looks up at ap image on top of page*

...who thought that was a good idea?! 0_o I see the tourist appeal of swimming next to, what I can imagine would be see-thru glass underwater, but yeahhh...

Amalthea

Banned
*Looks up at ap image on top of page*

...who thought that was a good idea?! 0_o I see the tourist appeal of swimming next to, what I can imagine would be see-thru glass underwater, but yeahhh...
Pretty much.

The Mosasaurus would be dead within days from all the human piss in the lagoon. XD

Amalthea

Banned
...did that quote make absolutely zero sense to anyone else?
Same here.

Collin Trevorrow on casting the male lead:
"So there was the descision to cast Jeff Goldblum. He was like the second in command in the first one but then they made him the first one in the second and then no one in the third. So I wanted to make him a three time returning veteran in the fourth one. But you know, I have a dog... And I showed this dog the film Guardians of the Galaxy you know. Dogs usually don't understand movies but sometimes they can relate to things they know from real life, you see. So while we watched the movie my dog would always growl at the raccoon but not at Pratt's character. There I realized that there could be only Pratt as the male lead, because, you see, raccoons are sly and smart, like Jeff Goldblums role in the previous Jurassic Park films. So I finally understood there could be only one in there."

...did that quote make absolutely zero sense to anyone else?
Lol dude is a rambler but it made sense to me.

His kid saw Star Wars and thought if Luke wasn't the only Jedi it made him less special. He thought the same thing could be applicable to the I-Rex so he mad her the sole hybrid.

Makes sense. If there where a parade of mutant dinos we'd probably be speculating and arguing on the stupid attributes they had instead of focusing on just one :p

Edited it in after I saw it. I do like the packaging inside but I can't. This is my most purchased film/set of films. I can't.

Thinking about, I have/have had:
-The VHS of TLW (a friend had the original and we watched it all the time)
-The standalone dvds for all three
-The collector's two-pack that came with the osts, film frame and other photos of the first two
-The Jurassic Park gate packaging trilogy collection
-The 3-pack on blu-ray
-The 3D BD release of the original

I only don't have the vhs nor the first two standalones anymore because I had duplicates thanks to the collector's edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom