• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, that is painful to hear. Maybe you can push them into doing a rerun down the road with the claws, haha.

It's too bad though- this line has lost a ton of its collectors, even the ones who were tolerating the continuous deluge of JP3 repaints. The quality control just wasn't there for a lot of the items. And what's up with the lack of actual human action figures??

That's Hasbro marketing decision. I think what scale to make the humans was an issue since their line is all over the place in regard to dinosaur scale.

That's Hasbro marketing decision. I think what scale to make the humans was an issue since their line is all over the place in regard to dinosaur scale.

Well, if you're in any position of influence try to help the long time fans out! I know you know your JP toys, so fingers crossed.

The fans REALLY want 3 3/4" scaled humans and vehicles- especially Owen and his Motorcycle. Also, the permanent Dino Damage is not liked at all, but the slide away or removable is a huge hit.

Pics of the Stomp n Strike Rex toy.

acprEL8.jpg

9noLolr.jpg

No doubt better than the other one, but still doesn't really hold a candle to this beauty:

So, for fun I made a 30 movie marathon to watch before Jurassic World hits. If anyone wants to join in the fun, here it is:

The Lost World Jurassic Park
King Kong (2005)
Jumanji
Godzilla (2014)
The Land Before Time
Congo
Super 8
The Neverending Story
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s The Lost World (1960)
Pan’s Labyrinth
Trollhunter
King Kong (1933)
Anaconda
The Goonies
The Indian in the Cupboard
Disney’s Dinosaur
Tremors
Aliens
Pitch Black
Jurassic Park 3
The Thing
Rise of the Planet of the Apes
Cloverfield
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Abyss
ET
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Jaws
Jurassic Park

Conceptually, you can watch it in any order, though I have it so you see Jurassic Park right before Jurassic World hits on purpose. In retrospect, I should have had Safety Not Guaranteed in there. Also, Twister.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
So, for fun I made a 30 movie marathon to watch before Jurassic World hits. If anyone wants to join in the fun, here it is:

King Kong (2005)
Jumanji
Godzilla (2014)
The Land Before Time
Congo
Super 8
The Neverending Story
Pan’s Labyrinth
Trollhunter
King Kong (1933)
Anaconda
The Goonies
Disney’s Dinosaur
Tremors
Aliens
Pitch Black
Jurassic Park 3
The Thing
Cloverfield
Abyss
ET
Jaws
Jurassic Park

Conceptually, you can watch it in any order, though I have it so you see Jurassic Park right before Jurassic World hits on purpose. In retrospect, I should have had Safety Not Guaranteed in there. Also, Twister.

No "Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend"? :(

Bernbaum

King Kong (2005)
Jumanji
Godzilla (2014)
The Land Before Time
Congo
Super 8
The Neverending Story
Pan’s Labyrinth
Trollhunter
King Kong (1933)
Anaconda
The Goonies
Disney’s Dinosaur
Tremors
Aliens
Pitch Black
Jurassic Park 3
The Thing
Cloverfield
Abyss
ET
Jaws
Jurassic Park

I'm doing a read through of both books on my kindle.

Calcium

Banned
Damn, that kid hugging the dinosaur needs to take it easy. Jurassic Petting Zoo is exactly the kind of thing I want to see, though. It's going to be amazing seeing the park operational before everything goes to hell.

Two thoughts about the Petting Zoo:

It's awesome and should have been present in the first trailer.

If there was one scene in the movie that absolutely should have used some animatronics, this one was it.

Calcium

Banned
TIf there was one scene in the movie that absolutely should have used some animatronics, this one was it.

Yeah, no doubt. It's pretty awkward watching all those kids react to something that clearly isn't there. I still don't know what a few of them are supposed to be doing, especially the kid in the red shorts. What's his deal?

strafer

Yeah, no doubt. It's pretty awkward watching all those kids react to something that clearly isn't there. I still don't know what a few of them are supposed to be doing, especially the kid in the red shorts. What's his deal?

arent they actors in green screen suits?

Jawmuncher

how does that fence keep the little dino's from running away

Maybe they let them just roam free. A zoo I went to in Colorado Springs has the peacocks roaming free. Ran into a mean one that blocked my way and hissed. Was the closest thing to real life Jurassic Park.

theres a dinosaur running away from him. he's chasing it. grabbing at air. because it doesnt exist.

Hoodbury

Looks like he's chasing one of the dinos as it rounds around the grown up.

^the baby dino cg needs some work for sure, but yeah, the Gallis look great. Also, they used mocap actors as standins for the babies as well.

Anyway, this pic is killing me.

Ew7ojCB.jpg

"Please help."

Razmos

heres a crappy gif:

2UEzLIL.gif
I absolutely love the tiny one that runs in from behind the tree.

That fence in the background makes me think of the T-Rex getting loose scene from the original and now i'm imagining the scene again with a baby T-rex and a tiny fence.

Calcium

Banned
Looks like he's chasing one of the dinos as it rounds around the grown up.

I guess that is what he is doing, animator could have made him look more successful though. Now I just feel bad for him. Not as bad as the kid with the backpack reacting to the back of an adult, but still.

I mean, they clearly had stand-ins for some of the animals. Wouldn't surprise me if they got a bunch of chickens and painted over/replaced them for the gallis.

I guess that is what he is doing, animator could have made him look more successful though. Now I just feel bad for him. Not as bad as the kid with the backpack reacting to the back of an adult, but still.

He's reacting to the one that runs between the adult and the other kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom