• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calcium

Banned
I mean, they clearly had stand-ins for some of the animals. Wouldn't surprise me if they got a bunch of chickens and painted over/replaced them for the gallis.

I think there had to be a stand in for the trainer in the back making hand signals. Probably should have put in a dinosaur taller than the triceratops to make it look a little less awkward.

He's reacting to the one that runs between the adult and the other kids.

So he pauses and walks away from it? Ah great, when I'm watching this in theaters I'm going to laugh at the kid who is frightened by the Compys.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I want to go to that petting zoo :( I'd probably end up choking out an Apatosaurus like that kid from hugging it too hard :/

I did rent TMNT last night (it was $1!) and the importance of eyelines and matching animation was really underscored there. More than one scene where Megan Fox, or someone else, is having a conversation with a turtle or Splinter and they're obviously NOT staring at a real person that's there. And they even used stand-ins!

Calcium

Banned
I did rent TMNT last night (it was $1!) and the importance of eyelines and matching animation was really underscored there. More than one scene where Megan Fox, or someone else, is having a conversation with a turtle or Splinter and they're obviously NOT staring at a real person that's there. And they even used stand-ins!

Still not worth it.

Looks like the kid was just trying to let it by, not scared of it. I stop and let my dogs run around when they pass by. I'm not scared of them but they're small and I don't want to step on them or collide.

The petting zoo gif hurts my eyes, so much stuff going on. Wondering if it's just a quick glimpse of it in the film itself or if it'll have its own full scene.

the behavior of the kid in the backpack suggests to me this thought process:

'there are so many, which do i chase? oh, theres one... ok, i missed that one. here's another.'

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The thing I think that bothers me the most is that the kids are going nuts running around staff would never let that fly in a real petting zoo :p

Also where is the microceratus? I expected to see them at the zoo.

Lastly: why can't that be real =*{

You're not being nearly cynical enough. Did you forget your magnifying glass or something?

I need it to be run in slow-mo and draw sight lines on still frames before I can properly call it all shit. I mean, I know it's all shit, I would just appreciate the confirmation. And I have no doubt someone on the internet is doing the work for me at this moment. im kidding about all this (maybe not that last sentence) in case it wasn't obvious.

I need it to be run in slow-mo and draw sight lines on still frames before I can properly call it all shit. I mean, I know it's all shit, I would just appreciate the confirmation. And I have no doubt someone on the internet is doing the work for me at this moment. im kidding about all this (maybe not that last sentence) in case it wasn't obvious.

The zoo staff guy is CG. I think anyway, especially where you can't see his face. Would have been more work but I'm not sure why Mister Colin was too lazy to not just get a guy to stand in.

Bernbaum

Two thoughts about the Petting Zoo:

It's awesome and should have been present in the first trailer.

If there was one scene in the movie that absolutely should have used some animatronics, this one was it.

Agreed.

Not sure if there is something genuinely off in that shot, or whether it's repressed memories of Peter Jackson's King Kong coming back whenever I see CGI sauropods.

Razmos

My attempt at a GIF
b9f89bfb82c95adc6c6fd54c18691ffe.gif

That scene is going to look fantastic in 3D

Love the clip of them running away with the I-Rex chasing them.

Also that damn voice over, just replacing that one word made a big difference haha
And the music! hnghh

Toa TAK

Banned
My attempt at a GIF

Also that damn voice over, just replacing that one word made a big difference haha
And the music! hnghh
Oh shit, Indominus pops out in the worst way.

This really bothers me. It's like they tried to make the Dinosaurs extra inaccurate:

I just have not been feeling the new herbivore designs at all. They just remind me too much of a retro Dinosaur movie, or one that pays tribute to it like PJ's King Kong.

Razmos

come on now, they were made in a lab, it can't be 100% accurate.
For all we know they could have done exactly what Wu suggested in the book, changed the dinosaurs appearance so that they are more appealing to the visitors.

If they wanted to make them skinnier, or smaller, or have bigger spikes or whatever, they could do.

Bernbaum

The Lost World's stegosaur designs were awesome.

Crash McCreery's concept art channeled Douglas Henderson to a small degree and that's always been an impressive but believable representation of dinosaurs (at least before there were more feathered dinosaur discoveries).

come on now, they were made in a lab, it can't be 100% accurate.

That's a BS excuse and we all know it.

JP stove to bring 'real' Dinosaurs to the big screen. Now I am fine with the Raptors being featherless as their JP look is iconic, but completely ignoring the anatomy of some of these animals.. especially ones you already got right?

I mean, I wanted a Dinosaur movie. That isn't too much to ask for.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This really bothers me. It's like they tried to make the Dinosaurs extra inaccurate:

I just have not been feeling the new herbivore designs at all. They just remind me too much of a retro Dinosaur movie, or one that pays tribute to it like PJ's King Kong.
Fuck are kidding me?

Stegosaurus posture was perfect in Lost World. May as well have put him in a swamp and hunched his legs to the side like a lizard in this :/

My attempt at a GIF

And the music! hnghh

I agree that something about the CG just doesn't mesh well with the environment. On the plus side, I like the extra mobility that the I-Rex has via his forelimbs.

Yeah, I don't really know what they were thinking with that thing. There's no reason they had to design them that way.

As we see more and more of the CG, my confidence in it has fallen, to be honest. I still think some of it looks spectacular, but I hope they didn't just go all out for a few key scenes and the rest is shoddy.

Maybe I'm still traumatized by TMNT.

I agree that something about the CG just doesn't mesh well with the environment. On the plus side, I like the extra mobility that the I-Rex has via his forelimbs.

Yeah, I don't really know what they were thinking with that thing. There's no reason they had to design them that way.

As we see more and more of the CG, my confidence in it has fallen, to be honest. I still think some of it looks spectacular, but I hope they didn't just go all out for a few key scenes and the rest is shoddy.

Maybe I'm still traumatized by TMNT.
...TMNT has some of the best cg.

Bernbaum

Standing or walking?
Because I doubt an animal that size conveniently stands with bent legs to give it a cooler, more acceptable posture.

Check out 0:19-0:20 of the latest video. There's one walking in the background that has a similar posture to the image posted by Demoncarnotaur.

I think people's concerns are with the position of the tail - the Lost World stegosaurs had an elevated straight tail, whereas the JW design has a curved tail in a lower position, reminiscent of toys I owned in the 80's.

-

Really liking the shots of the actual park. An effective part of Jurassic Park's production design was that it looked like an amusement park - particularly all the merchandise and crap around the visitor center.

Check out 0:19-0:20 of the latest video. There's one walking in the background that has a similar posture to the image posted by Demoncarnotaur.

I think people's concerns are with the position of the tail - the Lost World stegosaurs had an elevated straight tail, whereas the JW design has a curved tail in a lower position, reminiscent of toys I owned in the 80's.

-

Really liking the shots of the actual park. An effective part of Jurassic Park's production design was that it looked like an amusement park - particularly all the merchandise and crap around the visitor center.
Damn, didn't even look at the tail... that is bad.

I made a thread for all the new TV Spots, especially since these longer ones are practically new trailers.

Fuck are kidding me?

Stegosaurus posture was perfect in Lost World. May as well have put him in a swamp and hunched his legs to the side like a lizard in this :/

Arghh, this is really bugging me to be honest.

It's one thing to retain an inaccuracy- I love the Raptors and Rex- but to backtrack from a modern deception of the animal to an anatomically broken 1950's style? ARGH.

I want that wonder and excitement back, but I'm only getting it with the Parasaurolophus since they're the only thing that looks like their actual selves. I just want to see some amazing depictions of actual dinosaurs doing really cool things in a cool movie. Why did they have to go all Peter Jacksons Kong with the Herbivores? =(

I made a thread for all the new TV Spots, especially since these longer ones are practically new trailers.

Arghh, this is really bugging me to be honest.

It's one thing to retain an inaccuracy- I love the Raptors and Rex- but to backtrack from a modern deception of the animal to an anatomically broken 1950's style? ARGH.

I want that wonder and excitement back, but I'm only getting it with the Parasaurolophus since they're the only thing that looks like their actual selves. I just want to see some amazing deceptions of actual dinosaurs doing really cool things in a cool movie. Why did they have to go all Peter Jacksons Kong with the Herbivores? =(
Me thinks you meant depictions lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom