• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldrusher

ZxdpwZK.jpg

The father of that kid on the left answered some questions on Reddit the other day...

kqmt8BC.jpg

What was in place of the dinosaurs? (Stuffed toy, air, a midget)
nothing was there in place for the dinos, they were going to have chickens for the kids to chase but then decided not to. (except when you see the kids RIDING the baby triceratops, not shown yet, those were guys in grey suits in there hands and knees on carrying the kids around on there backs.)

How was the atmosphere?
the atmosphere was great. as long as you didn't take pics and was silent it was really relaxed and FUN, especially when the "chaos scene" happens and we all run. i have a unique part in there im hoping makes the cut. only complaint was that it was very hot that day. every thing else was great.

How did he get the job?
we heard on the radio about "ebtide" filming looking for extras as family's so we went for the audition, i knew it was Jurassic World so we waited in the rain for two hours to get our photos taken and a month later we got the call. two days total from sun up to sun down. first day was "the petting zoo. ( lot of those pics from the web site are from this day) were we did some work with the two boys on set. Chris was there but not in the scenes. he wasn't in costume. second day was the injured scenes just me and my wife and the other adults, no kids that day. this was the climax of the movie at the Hilton hotel in the movie.

2yyOYzV.jpg

Did he get to take anything home?
when approached by the costume director my oldest was shy, so my youngest go to put on a bright orange TREX shirt and the props people gave him a blue stuff animal to have but not keep. they were very strict on getting ALL props back. they took IDs in return for props and props list. he really wanted it to the pont of being sad after the day so i promised him he would get it. so i memorized the tag and when we got home i found it online and ordered it, Santa brought it for Christmas 2014.

519cgj8.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPar...s_nothing_i_wouldnt_do_to_be_this_kid/cr88huh

(some more pictures there too)

Mondo is doing a Jurassic Park gallery on June 12 here in Austin :)

On June 12, you can see Jurassic World in theaters everywhere and say “Welcome…to the Mondo Gallery” in Austin, TX. There, they’ll be hosting a full gallery show filled with art based on Steven Spielberg‘s blockbuster, Jurassic Park. It’s called When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth and features original works and screenprints based on the film by artists such as Aaron Horkey, Ken Taylor, Dan McCarthy, Jock, Jason Edmiston, Brandon Holt and others. The Jurassic Park art show opens at 7 p.m. June 12 and remains on display through June 27. Below, see the first piece of preview art and read the full artist list.

The Jurassic Park art show “When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth” takes place at the Mondo Gallery, 4115 Guadalupe Street, Austin, TX. The opening reception is from 7-10 p.m. June 12 and it remains on display through June 27. Visit this link for more info.

First print preview:

Francesco-Francavilla-Jurassic-Park.jpg

bengraven

It's interesting how they explain how they do some of their engineering now, of course keeping some in the dark ("wouldn't...our rivals...like to know...") because maybe the producers don't know.

"any" extinct animal though. That's...interesting.

Edit: also, the editing of DNA part. Man, I think Crichton would have actually like this aspect of the movie. The whole "life is just a code" part is straight up the heart of the JP book.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Merch talk!

Finally saw all the new stuff at Target today! I... really wasn't impressed with the figures :x Kenner was just before their time with the quality. However, I WAS tempted to grab the (doesn't really look like a) Mosasaur, t-rex, and Triceratops plush they had :) $10 each though...

Browsed online and saw those JW blind bags. I may have to nab those... Walmart also had exclusive mini figure 4-packs, which look like they are the same ones from the blind bag?

Finally, I found those out that the JP figures I got with Coca Cola purchases back in thr day were Dakin figures - Japanese ones, apparently. I know I have the Gallimimus, t-rex, raptor, and Brachiosaur, but I feel like I had the Dilophosaurus too since it looks so familiar... Will dig through old storage this summer for said nostalgic figures!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
It's interesting how they explain how they do some of their engineering now, of course keeping some in the dark ("wouldn't...our rivals...like to know...") because maybe the producers don't know.

"any" extinct animal though. That's...interesting.

Edit: also, the editing of DNA part. Man, I think Crichton would have actually like this aspect of the movie. The whole "life is just a code" part is straight up the heart of the JP book.

Fun vid but some of the dialog seemed awkward "wouldn't our rival companies like to know"
Why not just rivals or competitors?

Also the glasses guy was pure mumbo jumbo and it was obvious.

That last few lines with chicken and the egg and what comes next tho :eek:

Bernbaum

I'm pretty sure that's Katy MacGrath that's gets picked up by the pterosaur.

She might have a more substantive role than just an innocent bystander that gets chomped. Not necessarily a character that audiences would be happy to see get taken out, but maybe something akin to Gennaro where she is just a little bit of a jerk to the kids.

I'm pretty sure that's Katy MacGrath that's gets picked up by the pterosaur.

She might have a more substantive role than just an innocent bystander that gets chomped. Not necessarily a character that audiences would be happy to see get taken out, but maybe something akin to Gennaro where she is just a little bit of a jerk to the kids.

It is, she plays a character named Zara. Which is why I was so bummed they showed all of that.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like a baby trike or pachy would take a helmet as a direct challenge and level you. "Think your head is hard, son?" *knock*

True story we used to have a baby goat when we were kids, anytime my baby sister had only a diaper on outside the goat would zero in on the back of the diaper like a target and just knock her right over.

bengraven

My kid saw the Lego JW game video and he's like "can I play a T-rex?" I looked at him with such pride that this would be what he wanted to know. "Yeah," I said and in a Hammond like tone, "You can be a T-rex". His eyes light up. "GET IT. GET IT NOW. PLEASE. I WANNA BE A T-REX!"

Fun vid but some of the dialog seemed awkward "wouldn't our rival companies like to know"

The competitors line was the only one that didn't sound like it fit in these kind of videos though.

And yeah, I can't wait to see what they cook up for sequels.

Bernbaum

Saw the global trailer at Mad Max last night and the CGI looks great on the big screen. Could be mental but looked really crisp.

CGI always looks better on the big screen for me. When the Lost World came out, I was disappointed with the story but the visuals were amazing. A few days later, there was a scene on TV of the T Rex smashing through a warehouse wall in San Diego that just looked fake. When I watched TLW at the cinema again, that scene appeared much more 'believable'.

Kind of the opposite effect of watching tiny GIFs of video game footage that make the game look better than the actual gameplay.

Gravidee

I think it really depends on the theater. I always think that the CG looks more obvious at the one I go to, but when watching the BD at home, it looks a lot better.

Agreed, seemed like it was written by a bunch of marketing interns haha.

Would've been a nice surprise in the theater. Oh well. Guess it's my fault for watching but yeah I'm still of the opinion that I shouldn't have to worry about spoilers like this in a commercial.

Still very cool, loving the way this is turning out. The last hour or so looks fucking ridiculous.

Bernbaum

Yeah, that end part. This is the spoiler thread, but if that's getting broadcast on TV, then they've just spoiled a pretty good jump scare for a lot of people.

Looks like the Raptor had more headgear/stuff mounted on its shoulders than the simple side-camera shown earlier.

odXjkZg.jpg

Would've been a nice surprise in the theater. Oh well. Guess it's my fault for watching but yeah I'm still of the opinion that I shouldn't have to worry about spoilers like this in a commercial.

Still very cool, loving the way this is turning out. The last hour or so looks fucking ridiculous.

I keep telling myself I'll stop watching but I can't :(

Looked like that was Blue, btw.

TAME RAPTORS

Fuck that Indominus Rex. That's the most underwhelming looking design I have ever seen. Jeez, this movie seems like it's gonna be a heap of it to me but... I'll see it since it's Jurassic Park.

Fuck that Indominus Rex. That's the most underwhelming looking design I have ever seen. Jeez, this movie seems like it's gonna be a heap of it to me but... I'll see it since it's Jurassic Park.

What should it have looked like

I think they struck a good balance between it looking new as well as not sticking out way too much comparatively (to the other animals of the park)

I'm happy they didn't go too bonkers with it. It's pretty cool looking as is.

I really think the apato animatronic would look great if they hadn't made it so reflective/shiny.

Indominus design is great.

Is chameleonic skin confirmed?

Not *officially*, from what I can tell...which makes me think there is at least one awesome scene that we haven't seen yet.

I like the I-Rex design. AFAIK, there is no other theropod with a body like it, in terms of the forelimbs. Makes it really versatile.

Plus, the little details: the eyes, the opposable thumbs, the suspected camo ability, the 90 degree jaw spread.

Bernbaum

I really think the apato animatronic would look great if they hadn't made it so reflective/shiny.

Not *officially*, from what I can tell...which makes me think there is at least one awesome scene that we haven't seen yet.

I like the I-Rex design. AFAIK, there is no other theropod with a body like it, in terms of the forelimbs. Makes it really versatile.

Plus, the little details: the eyes, the opposable thumbs, the suspected camo ability, the 90 degree jaw spread.

Back when it was called 'Diabolus' there was mention of cuttlefish DNA but that hasn't been mentioned anywhere for a while.

The new inGen video mentions they can pick and choose whatever DNA they like from different animals (living or extinct) and the Jurassic World profile for I. Rex mentions Carnotaurus (albeit for the spikes above the eyes). That's the best indication thus far from the officially released info.

Back when it was called 'Diabolus' there was mention of cuttlefish DNA but that hasn't been mentioned anywhere for a while.

The new inGen video mentions they can pick and choose whatever DNA they like from different animals (living or extinct) and the Jurassic World profile for I. Rex mentions Carnotaurus (albeit for the spikes above the eyes). That's the best indication thus far from the officially released info.

The other big clue is that every single promo, toy, and LEGO I-Rex has been greyish white in color, with red eyes. Neither of those details seem evident in the trailers.

Someone suggested that they're actually coloring the I-Rex to something more "normal" for the trailers, which would be cool. I have to assume the color change is related to the cuttlefish/camo ability.

Are the raptors going to turn on them???

Yes. The trailers and commercials were thankfully willing to reveal this before the movie could itself. I'm almost expecting the next preview to show Indominus' death.

Man if I were a screenwriter on some of these films that reveal all kinds of things that I worked at being a surprise I would be fucking furious. It's already difficult enough to write a decent script let alone render your twists and details obsolete to the audience.

Maybe they were afraid people might find the concept of fully tamed raptors too silly. Many on the threads did.

Then let the skeptical be skeptical. Also those people who don't care much about the movie aren't likely piecing this stuff together anyway so I doubt that's it to even begin with.

Let the movie speak for itself. Trying to calm the skeptics with spoilers is a shit way to go about anything. Also it's likely that if they're not okay with the concept that nothing will change their minds. Some people just hate stuff, especially change.

Yes. The trailers and commercials were thankfully willing to reveal this before the movie could itself. I'm almost expecting the next preview to show Indominus' death.
That's the sad reality of our age of internet whiners. They need their fears quelled via spoiler-riddled trailers so that they can start posting reaction vids and reviews which in turn act as free advertising for the studios..

Fuck the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom