• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Just re watched 3 and 2 today.

Never rely paid attention to this but it's Nick's fault the trex wrecked San Diego. If he had not messed with Roland's gun he would have tried to kill the Rex instead of tranqing it :p

Edit: Also in 3 grant doesn't "communicate" with the raptors as much as he imitated their distress call and they went "wtf was that? I don't know but let's bail before the rest get here"

Never rely paid attention to this but it's Nick's fault the trex wrecked Sam Diego. If he had not messed with Roland's gun he would have tried to kill the Rex instead of tranqing it :p

The plan was always to bring it (and the other dinos) to San Diego. That's why the Ingen hunters were on the island in the first place.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The plan was always to bring it (and the other dinos) to San Diego. That's why the Ingen hunters were on the island in the first place.
But Roland took his elephant gun for the bull when it was wrecking shit at the camp. He intended to kill it and only tranqed it when his gun malfunctioned.

Never rely paid attention to this but it's Nick's fault the trex wrecked San Diego. If he had not messed with Roland's gun he would have tried to kill the Rex instead of tranqing it :p

Edit: Also in 3 grant doesn't "communicate" with the raptors as much as he imitated their distress call and they went "wtf was that? I don't know but let's bail before the rest get here"
I'm actually surprised people thought that about the Raptor scene. It never appeared to be legit communication at all. Just exactly as you and Brandon have recently discovered. Then again, I've watched each film numerous times and enjoyed them more than most.

Waldini

Rewatched the entire trilogy last week with my girlfriend.

Now I remember why I liked The Lost World as a kid. TWO MOFFOCKING Tyrannosaurs. The whole thing is a fun experience right up untill that kid starts doing her gym moves. Makes no sense!

I shook my head when the Rex vs Spinosaurus battle ended in JP3. Just like I did 12 years ago. I mean, come on. The Rex should've owned the Spino once he got hold of him. O well.

JP1 is still the best. Love the atmosphere and the build-up.

Can't wait for Jurassic World. Going to see it with low expectations ...

Wooo, the picture unlocked!

cK2xjlk.jpg

Plus, here's a behind the scenes reel the 'international photoshoot'!

B0oGAkI.jpg

Bernbaum

Rewatched the entire trilogy last week with my girlfriend.

Now I remember why I liked The Lost World as a kid. TWO MOFFOCKING Tyrannosaurs. The whole thing is a fun experience right up untill that kid starts doing her gym moves. Makes no sense!

I shook my head when the Rex vs Spinosaurus battle ended in JP3. Just like I did 12 years ago. I mean, come on. The Rex should've owned the Spino once he got hold of him. O well.

JP1 is still the best. Love the atmosphere and the build-up.

Can't wait for Jurassic World. Going to see it with low expectations ...
The double T rex attack was insane when it came out in cinemas. Rewatching it recently, however, they use the T Rexes in the trailer attack only when it's needed or exciting. They first arrive for the baby, then depart, then come back to wrck the trailer, and seemingly disappear, then return a third time just to kill Homer Simpson before sneaking off again. It's clumsy writing but the execution of that Rex attack makes it one of the most tense moments in all of the films.

Waldini

The double T rex attack was insane when it came out in cinemas. Rewatching it recently, however, they use the T Rexes in the trailer attack only when it's needed or exciting. They first arrive for the baby, then depart, then come back to wrck the trailer, and seemingly disappear, then return a third time just to kill Homer Simpson before sneaking off again. It's clumsy writing but the execution of that Rex attack makes it one of the most tense moments in all of the films.

Yep. The explanation given afterwards is really ... just no.

"They feel like this is now part of their terrain. They must defend it!"

I noticed that once the Rex attacks the camp ... that they are both there. The bull and female. Never noticed that before.

My girlfriend asked me yesterday if the T-Rex that gets killed in JP3 is the offspring of the two adults you see in The Lost World. Could be ... couldn't quite debunk that. However she said : "How is that Spino holding the T-Rex like that? It's impossible! The snout is too long and doesn't have as much grappling power as the Rex has! That thing could not possibly have won!" ...

O yes. I love my girlfriend :)

Haha never noticed that either.

I guess all this time I've subconsciously imagined Eddie and the car as having something of a life bond; only one can live while the other survives. Fucking Horcruxes.

I watched the Lost World yesterday and didn't even notice :eek: GIF's tend to show me things I never noticed before.

lol yeah. I don't think I could ever watch TLW again. It's just not what I consider to be Jurassic Park and I think its way too on the nose with its themes of disturbing nature.

I'm probably being way too harsh, I mean I've seen worse movies no doubt and I don't think it's putrid, I just think it's stale both visually and thematically and has a very poor script.

That Blizzard sounds awesome. You guys remember those Kingdom of the Crystal Skull burgers from Burger King? Jesus those things were good but I felt my health decline after one bite.

flozuki

lol yeah. I don't think I could ever watch TLW again. It's just not what I consider to be Jurassic Park and I think its way too on the nose with its themes of disturbing nature.

I'm probably being way too harsh, I mean I've seen worse movies no doubt and I don't think it's putrid, I just think it's stale both visually and thematically and has a very poor script.

I always thought Lost World was THE JP movie everyones was stoked about. Rewatched it and somehow was so underwhelmed (still ok) that I had to look up other opinions. Was suprised about all the backlash the movie got, seems like I just remembered it wrong the whole time.

Jawmuncher

I always thought Lost World was THE JP movie everyones was stoked about. Rewatched it and somehow was so underwhelmed (still ok) that I had to look up other opinions. Was suprised about all the backlash the movie got, seems like I just remembered it wrong the whole time.

I was really hyped for it obviously, but even at that age I walked out of the theater thinking I liked it but I felt I was a little skeptical about my own opinion, and that was rare because when you're younger most things are awesome and you don't even really question it.

It's like, people question them reopening the park in the new movie but at the same time it's been working without incident for about 10 years so they obviously had their shit worked out until they decided to start tampering. In the Lost World you had supposedly smart people thinking that dragging a fucking Tyrannosaurus Rex to San Diego on a boat was a good idea.

To me the entire point of that movie was to make Malcolm look right right right I'm so right and everyone else is so stupid to the point where everyone but Malcolm is apocalyptic levels of idiot. That character was written on some high. I loved how Jurassic Park 3 actually had Eric and Grant make fun of that. People wanted Grant or Malcolm back for this movie but I'm just like yeah I get it Malcolm is right and everyone else is stupid how about we have a different story and characters this time thank you!

It does. It does indeed. Hybrid dinosaurs, raptors fitted with gear, a new theme park, Henry Wu, Burt Macklin... you name it, it's got it.

Wooo, the picture unlocked!

http://i.imgur.com/cK2xjlk.jpg[IMG]

[URL="https://youtu.be/FsNFyUwkWOk"]Plus, here's a behind the scenes reel the 'international photoshoot'![/URL]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/B0oGAkI.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Man, they really went out of their way to shrinkwrap that skull. The antorbital fenestra is especially noticeable.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'm mostly looking out for other merch, like a throw blanket or something practical I can use. Still want to go to Walmart and check out those toy tubes/blind bags...

Jawmuncher

Are there any toys for this without battle damage?
Out of the Dino's I don't think so. So you'll have to get the Legos or cars.
I'm mostly looking out for other merch, like a throw blanket or something practical I can use. Still want to go to Walmart and check out those toy tubes/blind bags...

Seems no blankets and such have hit yet. Only thing I have seen is the beach towel so far. You should YouTube the blind bags. Was going to get them, but then I saw the quality.

Rootbeer

Banned
Out of the Dino's I don't think so. So you'll have to get the Legos or cars.

Seems no blankets and such have hit yet. Only thing I have seen is the beach towel so far. You should YouTube the blind bags. Was going to get them, but then I saw the quality.

Get the LEGO, they are great! This is doubly true if you plan on getting the LEGO Jurassic World game. Makes great companion pieces. I am so in love with LEGO's dinosaur style.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

I mean it doesn't need to be blankets, but more wide-spread goods that go past toys. I wish they had those party items when I was a kid. Don't think they had any party items for the first JP like the stuff they have now.

Jawmuncher

Get the LEGO, they are great! This is doubly true if you plan on getting the LEGO Jurassic World game. Makes great companion pieces. I am so in love with LEGO's dinosaur style.
Bought two pack yesterday. Love them, been so long since I have messed with Lego. Just as fun as I remembered. Aside from the prices.
I mean it doesn't need to be blankets, but more wide-spread goods that go past toys. I wish they had those party items when I was a kid. Don't think they had any party items for the first JP like the stuff they have now.
I haven't even seen the party stuff yet. Yeah it sucks that there seems to be a lack of practical goods. There isn't even any Shirts at hot topic or the like yet.

I strongly dislike the San Diego portion of the lost world.

Well, to be fair to that opinion, it is truly bad. It's a circus of stupid. It completely jumps the shark and doesn't fit in at all with the rest of the series. It's one of the most out of place sequences ever and the fact that it's the big climax is even more painful.

The movie is a tonal clusterfuck. You can argue that JP3 is silly and it has some silly stuff in it, but at the same time it wears it proudly and doesn't fuck around. TLW tries to be grounded and gritty but then you have out of place things like monkey girl, the San Diego sequence, all the "bad guys" being on-point dumb caricatures and so on.

JP3 knows what it is and Joe Johnston rolled with it like a boss. TLW was Spielberg at one of his "not sure about any of this shit" moments in his career.

Timu

Both TLW and JP3 are still letdowns IMO for many reasons, don't know if I would rewatch them before this movie. Only reason for me to rewatch them is to review them maybe.

Also, nice pics.

Oh JP3 could certainly be better. I like the pacing but I still felt like it was missing something in the third act; it just goes from the river attack to the raptors and the military shows up. There's no narrative sensibility to it and the structure is weak. It's still pretty fun though and I like the raptor focus.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
TLW always felt like I was watching 2 movies. Once you get to Part 2: T-Rex vs San Diego, it feels like you're in another movie. It's almost like they were trying to do a King Kong remake before Peter Jackson, which is very comparable in that sense.

As for Mercedes, I hope the product placement in the movie is tasteful. I'm tired of blatant "LOOK AT THIS BRAND WE ARE SHOVING IN YOUR FACE!!!" like Transformers :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom