• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurassic World |OT| Return to Jurassic Park

I'd be happy to provide graphics for the OT for whoever's putting it together.
If people are ok with me doing the thread I'd happily take you up on that offer. I have quite a few hi-res assets that I could send your way as well. If I can find where I saved them...hahaha

If people are ok with me doing the thread I'd happily take you up on that offer. I have quite a few hi-res assets that I could send your way as well. If I can find where I saved them...hahaha

I already started work on a banner, I don't know if our design philosophies would clash but we can work around that. :)

Come one, you can do better for the subtitle :p

You know, in the promotial clip with dr. Wu they mentioned competition. Does that mean there might be other companies making dinos?

Jurassic World |OT| Welcome to Trevorrowland

I already started work on a banner, I don't know if our design philosophies would clash but we can work around that. :)

Shoot me a PM, I'm curious what you had in mind.

[OT] Jurassic World by Toa TAK (2nd February 2015)

Should get with him about the thread since he called dibs on it.
I'll be doing the Lego Jurassic World thread.

Oh, to be honest I thought that was for Gaming OT's only. I guess we can wait and see if he wants to still do it!

Jawmuncher

It's on gaming side community but it covers Off Topic threads.
For example
[OT] Inside Out by Toothless (1st April 2015)
[OT] Yoga-Hosers by cj_iwakura (April 4, 2014)
[OT] Ant-Man by Neoxon & Quick (23rd July 2014)
[OT] Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation by Toothless (1st April 2015)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653

Any of you folks read Raptor Red by Bakker?

It's a novel from a Utahraptor's perspective with no dialog, just survival drama.

My 2nd time reading was around Uncharted 2's release and I couldn't help but imagine the novel in game form with UC-esque gameplay and visuals.

Edit: I still want that game.

Jurassic World |OT| 65million Delays in the Making
Jurassic World |OT| Chris Pratt Dinosaur Movie HD
Jurassic World |OT| Star Lords Secret Origin Story
Jurassic World |OT| Yes to Hybrids, no to Druglords
Jurassic World |OT| This one isn't in the Swiss Alps
Jurassic World |OT| Chaos Effect in Live Action Form

It's on gaming side community but it covers Off Topic threads.
For example
[OT] Inside Out by Toothless (1st April 2015)
[OT] Yoga-Hosers by cj_iwakura (April 4, 2014)
[OT] Ant-Man by Neoxon & Quick (23rd July 2014)
[OT] Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation by Toothless (1st April 2015)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450653

Dammit, I swear I talked to a mod agggesss ago and they said OT's in the OT were for whoever pulls the trigger fastest, haha

LastNac

Jurassic World [OT] "An Adventure 14 Years In The Making."

Maybe even scratch out the "65 million" next to it. God, the wait has been tough.

Bernbaum

I just noticed this:
GpqGw5L.jpg
I've seen that doing the rounds elsewhere on the internet. It's a bit unclear in stills but you if you use a frame by frame website like RowVid, I think there's a noticeable and intentional change in skin colour.

Jurassic World [OT]: If GAF's not convinced, I'm not convinced

Jurassic World [OT]: I think we're back in business

Jurassic World [OT]: Jurassic Park had its shot

Jurassic World [OT]: All the problems of a major fanbase and a major franchise

Jurassic World [OT]: That's one big pile of Pratt

Jurassic World [OT]: Pratt? You'll never get him out of Pawnee

Jurassic World [OT]: We've created computer generated attractions so astounding...

Jurassic World [OT]: Spared no expense except animatronics

Jurassic World |OT| Jump and Eat the Shark

also

This new TV Spot is creepy as hell

Alternate youtube link.

This.

Wow, that's unique and effective. I like it.

I'm hoping the website takes on a sinister vibe at release. Maybe have the cameras show panicked park goers and staff and loose animals. And maybe have post incident news articles and visitor reviews locked behind a faux "site under construction" message that is bypassed with simple sleuthing.

nick nacc

Banned
Any of you folks read Raptor Red by Bakker?

It's a novel from a Utahraptor's perspective with no dialog, just survival drama.

My 2nd time reading was around Uncharted 2's release and I couldn't help but imagine the novel in game form with UC-esque gameplay and visuals.

Edit: I still want that game.

OH MY GOSH I ALMOST FORGOT. I loved that book! I vaguely remember his parents or something dying trying to take down an Apatosaurus in the mud. and the sledding. Need to reread that.

raptorr.gif

OH MY GOSH I ALMOST FORGOT. I loved that book! I vaguely remember her mate dying trying to take down an diplodocus in the mud. and the sledding. Need to reread that.

raptorr.gif
Fixed.

But yeah, it was a fun read. My first time reading it, I was borrowing it from an adult neighbor of mine and I didn't give it back immediately after finishing. But when they were moving, he asked for it and I had to give it back which bummed me because I thought it was something I'd never find again for some reason. I purchased and reread it myself many years later and I'll admit that I had a newfound disappointment in the actual writing but I still love the concept and tale.

Edit: actually an Astrodon, not a Diplodocus, according to wikipedia. I was questioning it myself.

Boem

Jurassic World [OT]: See, here we are now talking to ourselves. That's...That's chaos theory.

Jurassic World [OT]: iRex, iRex, We've got an iRex here! Nobody cares.

or

Jurassic World [OT]: Feathers, Feathers, We've got no Feathers here! Nobody cares.

Jurassic World [OT]: Just think of it as...kind of a big cow.

Jurassic World [OT]: We're not computer nerds. We prefer to be called hackers.

Jurassic World [OT]: Remind me to thank John for a wonderful weekend.

Jurassic World [OT]: Big Tim, The Human Piece of Toast.

Jurassic World [OT]: God creates Spielberg. Spielberg destroys God. Spielberg creates Dinosaurs. Chris Pratt inherits the earth.

or simply

Jurassic World [OT]: Chris Pratt inherits the earth.

Indominus Rex™ Arrives this Summer at Jurassic World |OT|

Too long, but something unique? The story is basically about branding dinosaurs, so maybe something similar, shorter.

Indominus Rex™ Arrives this Summer at Jurassic World |OT|

Too long, but something unique? The story is basically about branding dinosaurs, so maybe something similar, shorter.

This gave me an idea. What if it isn't a typical OT at all and instead have it be a sort of news thread about an escape at a Costa Rican theme park/zoo? Have off screen camera footage of parts of the trailers to simulate cell phone footage or something. All of us in the know could keep the act going.

Basically, never show a full on dinosaur... keep it blurry.

Viral marketing OT

I just proposed this idea to DC, ultimately it's just what he wants to do with it but we're working on making it a fun thread. I'll start doing designs when we know what direction we're taking it, but of course if Toa wants to make the thread since he called it that'd be fine but until he clarifies I think we're just going to assume otherwise.

Toa TAK

Banned
Muahahaha. I still have OT rights!

But I'm watching over this thread and seeing all the excitement I will undoubtly incorporate into my "amazing" OT.

It comes out here in the USA on the 12th of June. That's worldwide right? Just need to make sure to put it out on time.

Here were the basic concepts I was working on:

And then I was playing around with this:

gzMXiFA.jpg

I am probably still gonna design one, and in case you get banned or something I'll post it. :lol

If not I'll use it for the review thread or spoiler thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom