• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really liked the line deliveries. "It's fantastic..." is terrific. Creepy ass music and scene in general.

Obscuring Indominus in the jungle is awesome too.

The only thing with that vid I'm disappointed with is when I realized it was "The Quint" and not "The Qunt"...

That scratching glass musical effect. Oh this is going to be a fantastic score. I love it.

SoldnerKei

I don't know if Pratt is awesome or a bit annoying.

I feel like he is the guy who always tries to be funny, is actually funny, but thinks he has to be constantly funny which can tire some people haha

but yeah, I'd rather have someone like that than any other diva actor who are a pain to work with, or so they say heh

nevertheless it will be funny watching how he jokes around behind the scenes and his owen character being somewhat more serious on the film

This clip is better than the one between Bryce and Pratt.

Also, his delivery is good, but man, I have such a hard time understanding what he says. Like I don't get exactly what he says after "oh, it's white". And I hadn't gotten the "this will give the parents nightmares" until now. In the trailer I never got it.

To be fair, English isn't my first language, but I usually don't have a problem understanding everything.

Goldrusher

Also, his delivery is good, but man, I have such a hard time understanding what he says. Like I don't get exactly what he says after "oh, it's white". And I hadn't gotten the "this will give the parents nightmares" until now. In the trailer I never got it.

To be fair, English isn't my first language, but I usually don't have a problem understanding everything.

Oz white.
You don't tour'em it was white.

Think it'll scare the kids?

The kids? This will leave appearance nightmares.

Is that... good?

Ssfantastic.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This is the one difference from JP it has: they didn't just bring animals back from the dead, but create an unpredictable Frankenstein monster instead. There's no real basis on how it will act. That clip shows it there just studying them, watching....
kind of like what cuddlefish do when they examine people. Just starring... Calculating?

Edit: Spot 15 is great. Creepy baby.

So guys, I just saw a commercial advertising soccer matches on NBC networks this Sunday and closed with a "where you can catch a special sneak preview of Jurassic World" while the Irex's jaws closed in front of the film logo.

The networks shown included the NBCs, SyFy, E!, Oxygen, Bravo, USA, and Esquire.

Looks like I'm watching some soccer on Sunday.

BTW, I'm in NA.

Gravidee

Probably using the Rex roar just to draw people's attention when they aren't looking at the TV screen, to let them know it's a JP movie.

Gravidee

Bury the Hatchling is the first track of the soundtrack, so maybe we'll see it in the film.

Chances are, the movie will begin with the creation/hatching of the Indominus. Not sure what the 'bury' part of the track is supposed to mean though. Maybe they intended to kill it off at first?

Lazerbox

Chances are, the movie will begin with the creation/hatching of the Indominus. Not sure what the 'bury' part of the track is supposed to mean though. Maybe they intended to kill it off at first?

Might be the part where both her and sister hatch and she kills her.

SoldnerKei

Probably using the Rex roar just to draw people's attention when they aren't looking at the TV screen, to let them know it's a JP movie.

that's a good point, also JP's T-Rex roar is pretty iconic, you can quickly associate it with the franchise

Bury the Hatchling is the first track of the soundtrack, so maybe we'll see it in the film.

niiiice! hopefully that's the track on the tv spot, it really fits

Superflat

I still think the Godzilla 2014 roar sucks. The last part doesn't even sound like part of roar.
1998 was better.

1998's Godzilla roar is pretty iconic imo (well it's iconic as in the roar is from previous Godzillas, just more... birdlike? Probably inspired by Jurassic Park).

And as a schlocky action movie, I still do enjoy watching it sometimes :O

Just listened to 2014's Godzilla roar, it's pretty weak :T

Superflat

The T. Rex roar is so iconic because it's a natural purposeful sound that reaches a note then holds it.

JP really made huge strides forward for "monster" sounds, and they honestly have seldom been matched. The raptors have to be my favorite sounds from the film though. I think the base for their scream was from dolphins.

LastNac

I was 5 when I saw JP and was fine with it- though not in theaters. I was just 4 when it came out and my mom wouldn't take me. I was so disappointed, though my grandma offered to take me in secret ahaha.

Alas, I waited til VHS- the toys (and The Land Before Time) had to hold me over til then!

I was 3 and it was VHS for me.

I can relate to toys being a first introduction; Grant and the Jungle Cruiser were the first JP things I remember.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
JP really made huge strides forward for "monster" sounds, and they honestly have seldom been matched. The raptors have to be my favorite sounds from the film though. I think the base for their scream was from dolphins.

Yeah dolphins underwater. It's crazy when I watch animal documentaries and I notice a animal that is part of the Dilo or a raptor call. The original team were amazing with their sound mixing.

Superflat

I wonder if these dinos had any growth acceleration at all. It musta taken a few years for Indominus to reach that size.

I'm really curious as to how they'll answer that question. Maybe it's engineered to be a "live fast die young" type that grows to an adult's size exponentially faster than a T-Rex?

The way the trailers and clips portray it, the characters hardly seem to know anything about it. Hell, in the recent clip, Masrani hadn't even seen it until it was fully grown.

Waldini

The sound in all JP movies is fantastic. I once saw some sort of documentary that showed how they got the T-REX sound. Sound originated from some sort of NASA space flight simulator... can't find that clip anywhere now.

I'm really curious as to how they'll answer that question. Maybe it's engineered to be a "live fast die young" type that grows to an adult's size exponentially faster than a T-Rex?

The way the trailers and clips portray it, the characters hardly seem to know anything about it. Hell, in the recent clip, Masrani hadn't even seen it until it was fully grown.
Now that you mention it, that is quite odd. Maybe Masrani doesn't live on island and only flies in to check out the new asset when it's convenient for him.

Bernbaum

I think I've figured out something about the raptors and their relationship with Owen, partly influenced by the name of one of the achievements for the Lego game.

Owen controls the raptors by asserting himself as the 'Alpha'. There is an achievement in the Lego game called 'The New Alpha', alluding to the fact that a new raptor takes over the raptor squad, perhaps by making an impressive display of killing the raptor's handlers. My guess is that Owen takes back command of the raptors by killing the new alpha, thus asserting his dominance

I think I've figured out something about the raptors and their relationship with Owen, partly influenced by the name of one of the achievements for the Lego game.

Owen controls the raptors by asserting himself as the 'Alpha'. There is an achievement in the Lego game called 'The New Alpha', alluding to the fact that a new raptor takes over the raptor squad, perhaps by making an impressive display of killing the raptor's handlers. My guess is that Owen takes back command of the raptors by killing the new alpha, thus asserting his dominance

We've known about his role but what if that trophy refers to
meeting with the wild raptors, hence why they're now attacking.

Or he simply just took over and ths trophy is just an introductory title for him.

Basically, to go along with what you're saying,
the former alpha killed handlers so they put it down and Pratt asserted himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom