• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
New TV Spot during tonight's NBA game showed this:

GnLIGgl.jpg

Looking for a youtube link.

SoldnerKei

Shiiiiet. The scene where I-Rex comes out of the forest looks fantastic.

yeah, I really liked that one too

I remember my first impression on the IRex, how she looked hilariously evil and stuff, but with every new scene she is featured in, I can't help but loving the goddamn beast, she looks good, pretty good

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
He's looking lovingly into her eyes...

We're going to get weird fanart with Pratt and the raptors, aren't we? :/

SoldnerKei

The JP Twitter posted that trailer in HD

Love this shot.

dunno why Celine Dion began to play on the background the moment I saw this

also lol at whatever fanart this was able to spawn haha internet is really fast when it comes down to this stuff

does anyone know if they uploaded the creepy tvspot in HD? that one was hella good

Just release it, fuck! Break the street date. Any mom and pop theaters playing this yet? How about Let's Watch streams?

gaming side jokes

The film's obviously had a downgrade. The CGI looks 0.73% worse than it did In the original trailer and the textures on that blade of grass in the latest TV spot are all wrong.

The film's obviously had a downgrade. The CGI looks 0.73% worse than it did In the original trailer and the textures on that blade of grass in the latest TV spot are all wrong.
You can't go by a grainy youtube vid when it's meant for a big screen. I'll wait for the DF analysis and see how the Regal theater version stacks up against Cinemark's.

Bernbaum

They've put more pterosaurs into the flyover shot with the running crowd.

I'd prefer more polish than more shit on screen but the visuals in the latest spot look tidy.

Some of the Lost World's effects have aged so much worse than Jurassic Park. The Rex stuff is great, but the daytime stampede with the inGen baddies is looking real rough these days. With the exception of the baby stegosaur, the animatronic stuff still looks great.

They've put more pterosaurs into the flyover shot with the running crowd.

I'd prefer more polish than more shit on screen but the visuals in the latest spot look tidy.

Some of the Lost World's effects have aged so much worse than Jurassic Park. The Rex stuff is great, but the daytime stampede with the inGen baddies is looking real rough these days. With the exception of the baby stegosaur, the animatronic stuff still looks great.

I never cared for that baby stego. It had an obvious "I'm just parked here for the scene" vibe to it.

Bernbaum

It's happening.

Today is Thursday - premiere day in Australia, and when the tickets for the next batch of films go on sale.

9eSDHdy.jpg

My session will be 2D in Vmax (our cinema's big fuck-off screen with the fancy surround sound) after work on Thursday. I've done midnight premieres before but don't really enjoy them.

It releases on June 11th here, and we are ahead on the clock by 14 hours here so I will have seen it before most of North America, so I'm happy with that.

Rootbeer

Banned
Just saw a listing for tv spot 14. wow... do we really need this many spots :( i'm not watching anymore that's for sure, as of the first 2 or 3. they are going overboard with giving away these little moments. it's not necessary to have this many.

Calcium

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMQQdDmgYxQ

Do we reeeeally need a flare to show the Rex where to eat and to set up the scene at the end?

Why do I keep watching these damn trailers? I can't stop myself.

I'm guessing they use the flare so they don't get the no-show situation they had in the original film. Probably have the guy in the lookout above light it and wave it around for a bit to get her attention, then toss it down to the goat.

I doubt it'll happen, but I hope we don't actually get to see the T-Rex beyond what the main characters see towards the beginning. Just that little hint over the crowd, save her for the end.

The complaints here are weird because you folks are actively seeking and collecting and posting these spots when their true intent is meant to be seen on TV or before a YouTube vid.

We fanatics in a spoiler thread are of course more prone to piece it all together... I thought that's why we're here.

Superflat

Hnnng. Only now found about about early June 11 tickets for theaters in my area, wondering if I should bite. Want to avoid the 7pm rush, maybe 10:10 won't be as nuts??

Anyone with experience going to high profile films on opening day or earlier, what's a safe time to arrive/wait in line? I was thinking around 3 hours-ish, but I really have no experience with this stuff lol

Superflat

I'm taking my five year but I'm not sure how today's parental groups feel about that.

I was around that age when I watched Jurassic Park in Theaters. Don't remember if I was the one begging my parents to see it because it's not really the type of movie my parents would have any interest in, let alone buy tickets for lol. JP really defined a lot of my childhood.

I'm taking my five year but I'm not sure how today's parental groups feel about that.

I was 5 when I saw JP and was fine with it- though not in theaters. I was just 4 when it came out and my mom wouldn't take me. I was so disappointed, though my grandma offered to take me in secret ahaha.

Alas, I waited til VHS- the toys (and The Land Before Time) had to hold me over til then!

I was in middle school when it came out.

But my son has been watching JP since he's been 3 or so. Hell I most likely watched it when he was an infant in my arms too lol.

What burns me is despite knowing my love of dinosaurs, buying me the blanket set and other merch, my mother never took me to see the film. Though, that was when we were without a car now that I think about it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

I was about that age when it came out and I was fine. I just remember my aunt warning me since my cousins found it a little scary, and told me that I could hide my eyes if I got scared. I did at the first raptor scene at the beginning, but when I realized it wasn't going to be gory or anything (what I was worried of) then I was fine. But Genaro on the toilet was hilarious to me, cause toilet! JP became one of my most watched VHSs, next to my Disney movies and whatever other kiddie tape I had at the time :p

If you're kid isn't scared of scary(ish) movies, likes dinosaurs, knows the difference between fiction and reality etc etc, then I wouldn't see a problem with it.

EDIT: Oh he's already seen the others? Then I don't see why not.

I was 5 when I saw JP and was fine with it- though not in theaters. I was just 4 when it came out and my mom wouldn't take me. I was so disappointed, though my grandma offered to take me in secret ahaha.

Alas, I waited til VHS- the toys (and The Land Before Time) had to hold me over til then!

I was 7 when it came out in theaters. Jurassic Park was probably the movie I wanted to watch the most when I was a kid. I even had a JP view-master. I think it was the first movie I was hyped for. They never took me to see it :(. I saw it on VHS.

I was about that age when it came out and I was fine. I just remember my aunt warning me since my cousins found it a little scary, and told me that I could hide my eyes if I got scared. I did at the first raptor scene at the beginning, but when I realized it wasn't going to be gory or anything (what I was worried of) then I was fine. But Genaro on the toilet was hilarious to me, cause toilet! JP became one of my most watched VHSs, next to my Disney movies and whatever other kiddie tape I had at the time :p

If you're kid isn't scared of scary(ish) movies, likes dinosaurs, knows the difference between fiction and reality etc etc, then I wouldn't see a problem with it.

Agreed. I'm not worried about my son.

I'm worried about being a topic of a social media rant about whether or not the film is appropriate for kids.

Jawmuncher

I was 3 or 4 when it came out but my parents did take me to go see it. I know I was sitting in the front row, and to this day my mom always brings up just how amazed I was while watching the film. Like a lot of of posters here who were the same age, I was never the same. Have been on a dinosaur kick ever since.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. I'm not worried about my son.

I'm worried about being a topic of a social media rant about whether or not the film is appropriate for kids.

It's usually be more extreme cases. JP has always been tame, it's not exactly Alien or anything. I would think that gory games would be worse if anything, like nowadays Mortal Kombat or whatever would scar(e) a kid. I always hear on GAF "I played MK when I was little and things were fine!" but graphics and fatalities now are... on another level. JP has been pretty much the same and never went extreme.

I doubt there will be an uproar, except "dinosaurs didn't exist" people or whatever. It'll be something stupid though I'm sure.

When my son was a little younger, he got out of bed when my wife and I were watching Slither for the first time. We let him sit with us for a bit and decided to play the movie because it was a safe, interior scene.

Then tentacles decided to fucking rip out of Meryl's abdomen and we quickly paused, laughed and walked him back to bed. While laying down, he pulled up his shirt and fingered his belly button and asked "will I have fingers coming out of my belly button?"

My wife and I were caught between laughing hysterically and trying to explain what he'd just seen. He handled it well.

Don't have a source but a friend sent me this message he ran across and it seems legit to me:

By: Movies on the Radio (Member)

I recently interviewed Michael Giacchino (a pleasure, as always!). He supplied me with music from Tomorrowland, Jurassic World, and Inside Out, and I think all three scores are among his best. The interview and music air Saturday, May 23rd on WQXR, and again on Sunday, May 24th on WNYC -- both stations are in New York City. I'm told the music from Jurassic World and Inside Out will be world premiers!

Movies on the Radio, May 23, 2015, 9-10 pm on WQXR 105.9 and world-wide on wqxr.org

Also new BTS just went up: https://twitter.com/JurassicPark/status/601447550369996801

"I really hate that man..."

Superflat

Ooo nice clip! All the ellipses in used in the dialogue makes it cheesy, but not necessarily in a bad way. I like the camera work; using the glass reflections to obscure the characters and cutting between them creates a good amount of tension.

Why am I still hopping in here, watching JW videos T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom