• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would do... things... for these:

Jurassic-World-Pint-Glass-Poster---Web-2.jpg

Things.

Jawmuncher

*sigh* I would sadly probably fork over a decent amount of change for them especially as a set.

It looks like they're at least all the same cup. So you wouldn't have to hunt down like 4 different styles.

-----

Didn't know that Lego Jurassic World had its release date moved up. It comes out the same day as the movie. Originally it was slated for later in June.

Ah, you're right, I thought there were different styles but it's just different angles.

Speaking of, I obviously haven't had coffee yet.

Jawmuncher

The Irex is the only dinosaur toy I liked when I checked them out. The line is too reminiscent of JP3s which I didn't like at all.

The car stuff is pretty cool though. The RC cars are nice (though one is Walmart exclusive" and the Die Cast would be nice to have on display. Shame they could squeeze in the Ford Explorer though.

Calcium

Banned
Jurassic World hype pushed me to get a Papo Tyrannosaurus Rex. These things are incredibly detailed and look like the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park.

t_rex_repaint.jpg

I just didn't like that loose rubber on it. Felt cheap or something, and I think the design of the toy doesn't match the actual animal's proportions. Like a really fat and more cartoony version of the movie creature.

Rootbeer

Banned
I've said it before but having a Raptor toy that doesn't have chomping action like the one I had as a kid just doesn't do it for me :( It's a Dino, it should be able to chew up its prey!

The LEGO ones can open/close their mouths fine though. I have all of those and they are great, though they are stylized and not trying to exactly represent the film version like the other toys.

Calcium

Banned
I just didn't like that loose rubber on it. Felt cheap or something, and I think the design of the toy doesn't match the actual animal's proportions. Like a really fat and more cartoony version of the movie creature.

Really? It looks pretty damn close to me. Almost the same pose from the iconic scene and everything.

Jurassic_Park_T_Rex_Wallpaper_by_keeperxiii.jpg

It's actually heavier than I thought it would be, doesn't feel cheap at all. It certainly looks better than any of the official merchandise, which is why I bought it.

Rootbeer

Banned
He's talking about the Hasbro IRex, which has a soft plastic on the head and some other places

The Hasbro ones are very hit or miss for me.

BTW, Never thought I'd see someone with a Ty Simpkins avatar... LOL

Calcium

Banned
I was talking about the Indominus figure :p

Oh, my bad. Haha.

He's talking about the Hasbro IRex, which has a soft plastic on the head and some other places

The Hasbro ones are very hit or miss for me.

BTW, Never thought I'd see someone with a Ty Simpkins avatar... LOL

Soft plastic on the head? What? I haven't seen them in person, just the pictures on Amazon. They look cheap.

Rootbeer

Banned
Seeing the cups reminded me of these:

Promo soda cups from McDonalds. Wanted these so badly as a kid.
Yeah I think this is exactly what The Alamo is trying to channel with these. Most of us who were around (especially as kids) during the original theatrical release of JP will likely remember those McDonalds cups. It's rare for restaurants to do that sort of thing these days... so i'm glad Alamo stepped up.

This sucks though! They do this really cool promo before the Alamo Drafthouse here in San Francisco opens. I'd have definitely went there to get a cup or all 3.
Soft plastic on the head? What? I haven't seen them in person, just the pictures on Amazon. They look cheap.

Go to your local Toys R Us or Target... see for yourself. There is a soft plastic layer in some parts of the dino... I'm not totally sure why... but it's not to represent realistic skin I can tell you that. I think that maybe it made it easier for them to mold the complex look of the head? That's all I can think of.

Calcium

Banned
I really hate the Rex color on the toys. It's too bright if you ask me. Also looks kind of derpy. Think it's because the head is too big.

I agree. It's a damn shame that is what Hasbro put out for the Tyrannosaurus. Poor kids.

Go to your local Toys R Us or Target... see for yourself. There is a soft plastic layer in some parts of the dino... I'm not totally sure why... but it's not to represent realistic skin I can tell you that. I think that maybe it made it easier for them to mold the complex look of the head? That's all I can think of.

Huh. I'll check it out. Is it like a safety thing so kids don't stick their hands in the jaws and push down?

List is out there. Nothing all that spoilery.

Yeah, at the most it just sort of confirms some of the chronology of the sequence of events but those were already pretty easy to work out based on the released footage. I think the score is going to be amazing. I like this quote:

In an interview with Variety, director Colin Trevorrow spoke about Michael Giacchino's score and how it works with the movie.

And if it’s a big summer movie, does the score need to be big and loud too? Especially if there are dinosaurs? "If it does, then we're doing it wrong," says "Jurassic World" director Colin Trevorrow. "The music is something that stays intimate even in the most intense action sequences.

"This movie is about the relationship we have with dinosaurs, and how it mirrors our relationships with animals we have on the planet today. Michael's music has themes that are very personal, so once things start to go crazy, it makes it that much scarier."

Sounds like it could be interesting and unique. Also in that newest clip if you listen real close I think there's something of a motif for Indominus right around when Masrani says "the kids...?" and on, but that's conjecture until further notice.

Nice. Hopefully they released a full track so I can listen to it on repeat while I game.

If history repeats itself they may play the full score and I wouldn't be shocked if it goes online. If radio stations are getting it to play over the air, the soundtrack is "out there" and that's what leads to leaks.

The only thing I may not care for regarding this one is that... I seriously doubt the movie is going to get anywhere near that creepy-feeling. I mean, that's okay, I'm expecting it to be an adventure/thriller for sure, but I feel like the tone of this commercial is probably off in relation to the actual tone of the movie. I think it'll have some creepy moments, hell just the conversation in the newest clip was pretty creepy, but this makes it look like some kind of abstract horror film almost lol

Jawmuncher

I haven't been to worried about the TV spots spoiling stuff. I'm still lost on a few scenes in terms of how they'll even play chronologically.

I haven't been to worried about the TV spots spoiling stuff. I'm still lost on a few scenes in terms of how they'll even play chronologically.

In the end it's a 2 hour movie. I don't think they've ruined the thing through the previews but I do think a handful of sequences/moments may lose some of the originally intended impact that the filmmakers worked at. The way I see it, they show some big stuff in the previews but there's still a lot of nooks and crannies so to speak.

Superflat

The only thing I may not care for regarding this one is that... I seriously doubt the movie is going to get anywhere near that creepy-feeling. I mean, that's okay, I'm expecting it to be an adventure/thriller for sure, but I feel like the tone of this commercial is probably off in relation to the actual tone of the movie. I think it'll have some creepy moments, hell just the conversation in the newest clip was pretty creepy, but this makes it look like some kind of abstract horror film almost lol

Yeah, the tone of the movie probably won't. This is specifically tailored for people who are fans of suspense/horror, and I suspect the movie itself will probably have those elements in the film since it'll likely contain a few jump scares and good old fashioned people-eating. In the end I hope the film has a good amount of creepiness and a real sense of danger.

It's kinda odd that after all these spots and trailers, I still can't really pinpoint what kind of tone this film will carry. It's kinda neat :D

It's kinda odd that after all these spots and trailers, I still can't really pinpoint what kind of tone this film will carry. It's kinda neat :D

Yeah, and this is why I don't really feel like the previews have "ruined" anything. It's still hard to gauge tone regardless of how much footage they show, and in my experience I feel like most movies end up feeling a bit different than the impression I got from the marketing, especially when they have all these tailored commercials. Some are creepy, some are big on adventure, some have a more playful vibe, etc.

In the end I think it'll be like the first movie, only with more vibrant cinematography and action.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing the cups reminded me of these:

Promo soda cups from McDonalds. Wanted these so badly as a kid.

I had the Dilo one :) The art on them were great! They had a similar artsy cups for Batman Returns, I remember and I had the Catwoman one.

Too bad I don't have an Alamo Drafthouse around me, those glasses would be great. I miss those McDonalds "fancy" promos they would do, like glasses and watches. I geuss it's been toned down with regulations due to trying not to promote that stuff through unhealthy eating or whatever.

Haha, that was pretty great. Now I'm gonna think about this every time I see it in the film.

They shot the whistling scenes before he learned how so they'll have to use digital sound. Shame that they didn't create a physical animatronic of Chris Pratt that can whistle.

Superflat

They shot the whistling scenes before he learned how so they'll have to use digital sound. Shame that they didn't create a physical animatronic of Chris Pratt that can whistle.

Yeah, that's a real shame. Especially for all the kids who will think he was really whistling in that scene.

The sequel will have them 3D printing his lips and the raptors will use it to summon Pratt.

That raptor attraction video you tweeted.
Man they need to work on those arms. Though I guess there isn't much they can do.

Can I see?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom