• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jury sides with Hulk Hogan in his sex tape lawsuit against Gawker & awards him $115m

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/jud...gets-control-of-former-gawker-editors-assets/

2wga.gif
What beautiful news.

My heart is fluttering.

Apoc87

Banned
A bit off topic but Wwe needs to reconcile with hogan in my opinion. Cant wait to hear that music hit and see him walk down the ramp again.

Faddy

Banned
Perhaps I am misunderstanding this but does this mean Daulerio's contract is an anchor on anyone who buys Gawker? Everyone else who works for Gawker will maintain their employment under their current contract (afaik) so if Ziff Davis buy Gawker they will be on the hook for the indemnity clause in Daulerio's contract.

Or is it just another fuck you to AJ, forcing him to declare bankruptcy.

Aselith

Isn't that the guy who made the child sex joke during the trial?

Not so funny now, AJ.

“Can you imagine a situation where a celebrity sex tape would not be newsworthy?” Mirell pressed.
“If they were a child,” Daulerio replied.
“Under what age?” Mirell asked.
“Four,” Daulerio answered.
“No 4-year-old sex tapes, OK,” Mirell said.
The jurors, four of whom were spotted furiously taking notes, clearly weren’t amused.

The notes? "Fuck this asshole"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ret-child-sex-quip-at-hogan-gawker-trial.html

Jesus, and they were so arrogant through all this. Amazing seeing it all come down on them like this.

I'm still amazed that he had the balls to be sarcastic thinking that the joke was going to be seen in a positive light by the Jury.

What a complete idiot. He deserved his fate.

Tagyhag

Good, fuck AJ.

Why would they want someone who makes racist comments representing their organization?

Not that I agree that Hogan should come back, but WWE employed (and still employs) some of the most racist assholes ever.

Just because there's no sex tape doesn't make it ok.

Hogan will definitely be back again. I think you have to be a convicted murderer for WWE not to eventually invite you back.
Other than that, they're cool with pretty much anything else - racists, homophobes, child molesters, thieves, wife beaters, possible murderers, puppy kickers, they're cool with all of it. Just have to wait til the attention on it dies down.

So happy about this.

Fuck that guy and fuck Gawker.

Bill Burr explained a similar situation perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BevNkLH-q8

Have you seen some of the people who have been inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame?

===

They fucked around with the personal life of a closeted gay guy. He ends up funding Hogan's case and they win. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would be great to see everything owned by Gawker just destroyed.

Wait, the guy funding Hogans court case was outed as being gay by Gawker previously? Who just so happens to be the founder of PayPal?

Holy fuck, this is soooooo sweet. Who said karma doesn't exist.

xRaizen

So happy about this.

Fuck that guy and fuck Gawker.

Wait, the guy funding Hogans court case was outed as being gay by Gawker previously? Who just so happens to be the founder of PayPal?

Holy fuck, this is soooooo sweet. Who said karma doesn't exist.

Yup. Gawker has a history with outing people through their articles. They fucked with the wrong billionaire.

Poor guy is on the receiving end of the ol' No Sell, Irish Whip, Big boot and leg drop.

Court really is trying to set a example here. Cant blame them for being harsh but man.... HARSH.

Really?

Really?

You sure about siding with a billionaire with a grudge?

Seriously?

A perfectly justifiable grudge.

That billionaire is probably the only good guy in this mess.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I sure as hell am.

Gawker are scum. Well, they were.
You sure you're okay with billionaires controlling the media? You really sure about that? We saw what almost happened with Mother Jones. A Las Vegas newspaper was heavily critical of Sheldon Aldelson, so he just bought the paper.

You're fine with this?

You sure you're okay with billionaires controlling the media? You really sure about that? We saw what almost happened with Mother Jones. A Las Vegas newspaper was heavily critical of Sheldon Aldelson, so he just bought the paper.

You're fine with this?

I am fine with a news outlet paying the consequence for being trashy and reckless.

You're fine with this?

You can be happy with the outcome without supporting the other side you know.

Tripon

You're fine with this?
That happens anyway?

Are you also going to complain that Jeff Bozos went and bought the Washington Post and didn't change shit?

JCizzle

I think hitting gawker is fine, but a billionaire seeking to control the press through lawsuits is a bit much for me to cheer about.

Cagey

Banned

You're fine with this?
This is not the hill to die on for that cause.

TheFatOne

I think hitting gawker is fine, but a billionaire seeking to control the press through lawsuits is a bit much for me to cheer about.

I would agree with you if Gawker didn't out him just for clicks. Can't be doing scummy shit like that with no repercussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom